What's new

Featured Pakistan needs it's own OSINT Organization | Satellite Imagery Analysis & Tools

tell me why indian space project is much cheaper as compared to west if labor cost not matters in space projects
How many counrtries have Anti satellite weapons in their military tell me that, and oh my god, what you talking about we need lots of dedicated Scientists/ engineers that need to be highly paid, then construction of dedicated research labs for developing sensors ( AND TELL ME WHO WILL GIVE US OVER THE HORIZON RADAR TECH TO US BASIC SENSOR THAT CAN DETECT SATELLITE IN SPACE PLEASE TELL ME ) than it came to you need high skilled labors to be used in production facilitieswhich need lots of $$$$ and its a different ballgame than BMs you need to follow satellites in space, its quite similar tech to ABM tech which follows BMs warheads in space
can you show me how many low cost labors working on PAC/ AWC etc etc:crazy::crazy::crazy:

tell me why indian space project is much cheaper as compared to west if labor cost not matters in space projects
Western countries and Russia/Israel full supported Indian space project, gives lots of TOT to India AND train lots of their scientists and engineers etc etc
AND MY QUESTION IS REMAINS HOW DO WE GET OVER THE TECH OF HORIZON TECH PRIMARY SENSOR TO DETECT SATELLITES IN SPACE ???:crazy::crazy::crazy:

i think we can get this technology from china if show proper commitment,when iran has launched their own satellite and developing own sam in the presence of sanction it is not impossible
Western countries and Russia/Israel full supported Indian space project, gives lots of TOT to India AND train lots of their scientists and engineers etc etc
AND MY QUESTION IS REMAINS HOW DO WE GET OVER THE TECH OF HORIZON TECH PRIMARY SENSOR TO DETECT SATELLITES IN SPACE ???:crazy::crazy::crazy:

i think we can get this technology from china if show proper commitment,when iran has launched their own satellite and developing own sam in the presence of sanction it is not impossible
China wont give you their strategic tech to Pakistan, you wont expect that:disagree:, as for Iran look how they take time to develop their SLV and SAMs, do with their its takes much longer then expected, you could get help foreign countries

no one give such technology for granted,We should use our professionals working in foreign countries like we did in getting nuclear technology and then make effort for developing indigenous capability,after internet and ease of access to knowledge getting access to advanced technology is not as difficult as it was used to be in 1970s
China wont give you their strategic tech to Pakistan, you wont expect that:disagree:, as for Iran look how they take time to develop their SLV and SAMs, do with their its takes much longer then expected, you could get help foreign countries

no one give such technology for granted,We should use our professionals working in foreign countries like we did in getting nuclear technology and then make effort for developing indigenous capability,after internet and ease of access to knowledge getting access to advanced technology is not as difficult as it was used to be in 1970s
oh bahi you Childish thinking sometime make me laugh, its their classified tech how they published their top secret tech on internet, and IF some Pakistani professionals are working on or being worked on these projects:crazy::crazy::crazy:

this technology is not new and very old for western countries like u.s, so it is not secret now as many countries like china and russia who are their rivals have access to this knowledge so basic idea and road map to getting this technology is much easier nowadays as compared to in past
oh bahi you Childish thinking sometime make me laugh, its their classified tech how they published their top secret tech on internet, and IF some Pakistani professionals are working on or being worked on these projects:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Last edited:
we need OSINT organization but not only limited to IMINT / Remote Sensing but to work in other domains too. but to add in 2 cents of mine own,i would say that if we were to start working & publishing in IMINT domain, a lab should be set up at IST Islamabad. Being an academic & research institute it will work effectively in researching & developing various sub domains with in Imagery Analysis. It will also help the researchers to polish some skills and look into new methods outside the box as well as stand at the world platform. In longer run they will develop themselves & be integrated into Defense Organizations at later stage of their career.
Pakistan needs its own OSINT Organization | Satellite Imagery Analysis for Commercial Military use

Pakistan has its own NACTA, National Counter Terrorism Authority working in collaboration with Civilian Administration, Govt and Army. Need a new OSINT organization to work along SUPARCO.

I would put a very strong case for Pakistan, China having its own OSINT Publicly available Organization as follows:

• OSINT is Open Source Intelligence which uses commercial, civilian satellites orbiting space to take pictures of locations, movements, civilian buildings, airports, military assets and make it publicly available.
  • This Pakistani OSINT Organization will disperse accurate information when any international or domestic event takes place and not rely on other countries OSINT information available.
  • Pakistan ISI, MI, and Army, Civilian Government, Administration must use this satellite imagery to disperse accurate factual information to TV channels, Social Media, Defense Forums etc.
  • A lot of countries' use this satellite imagery in high-resolution to "FORWARD their NARRATIVE".
  • The Pakistan OSINT Organization can be used for better planning of domestic projects, roads building, like Dams, motorways, and must make it publicly available for Pakistanis to analyses, critic and make proper judgements.
  • Another case is: Through commercial or military satellite imagery it is certainly an Excellent fact-checking - with locations, details and satellite imagery. Let such #OSINT has become a standard of military/defense reporting. Time to banish - “according to sources / confidential data, et. al.”
  • Pakistan needs an NSA like Organization to build its Own Narrative, how long will it have to depend on others.
  • Pakistan can destroy other photo-shopped, faked up and concocted images and negative narrative.
  • Pakistan need to respond to such provocations and ensure reliable information is available in public.

this technology is not new and very old for western countries like u.s, so it is not secret now as many countries like china and russia who are their rivals have access to this knowledge so basic idea and road map to getting this technology is much easier nowadays as compared to in past
Would you guys be kind enough to take this discussion somewhere else. Thread is about setting up OSINT organization, discussing merits & demerits of such an organization.

And thinks that how much takes times to research from basic level to advance levels and takes lots of $$$$, its 12:30 at night here and i am sleepy now good night

What you believe does not matter. If you're talking about leaking OSINT info online, im sure our people are smarter than that. Pakistan has full access to spy sat imagery whenever required.

We surely have many Commercial and Military OSINT Satellites in orbit.

But to answer your Simple question. Not seen Satellite imagery analysis in Pakistan news Channels, twitter handles or Facebook pages, to build a narrative, a stronger counter-narrative, an evidence of before and after event analysis, we see common on Indian news channels.

We see is what we believe, what we not see so we cannot believe.:-)

Pakistan needs its own OSINT Organization | Satellite Imagery Analysis for Commercial Military use

Pakistan has its own NACTA, National Counter Terrorism Authority working in collaboration with Civilian Administration, Govt and Army. Need a new OSINT organization to work along SUPARCO.

I would put a very strong case for Pakistan, China having its own OSINT Publicly available Organization as follows:

• OSINT is Open Source Intelligence which uses commercial, civilian satellites orbiting space to take pictures of locations, movements, civilian buildings, airports, military assets and make it publicly available.
  • This Pakistani OSINT Organization will disperse accurate information when any international or domestic event takes place and not rely on other countries OSINT information available.
  • Pakistan ISI, MI, and Army, Civilian Government, Administration must use this satellite imagery to disperse accurate factual information to TV channels, Social Media, Defense Forums etc.
  • A lot of countries' use this satellite imagery in high-resolution to "FORWARD their NARRATIVE".
  • The Pakistan OSINT Organization can be used for better planning of domestic projects, roads building, like Dams, motorways, and must make it publicly available for Pakistanis to analyses, critic and make proper judgements.
  • Another case is: Through commercial or military satellite imagery it is certainly an Excellent fact-checking - with locations, details and satellite imagery. Let such #OSINT has become a standard of military/defense reporting. Time to banish - “according to sources / confidential data, et. al.”
  • Pakistan needs an NSA like Organization to build its Own Narrative, how long will it have to depend on others.
  • Pakistan can destroy other photo-shopped, faked up and concocted images and negative narrative.
  • Pakistan need to respond to such provocations and ensure reliable information is available in public.

yes pakistan needs to invest in this field .

What you believe does not matter. If you're talking about leaking OSINT info online, im sure our people are smarter than that. Pakistan has full access to spy sat imagery whenever required.

It does matter, if my does not matter, so does in the same level, your's does not matter even, provided you are Admin or belonging to Forces, intelligence or PM of Pakistan, who may have some influence.

So seeing it is believing. And so as every single Pakistani inland and the overseas Pakistani's view who spend time for Pakistan, each ones opinions does matter, as do the respect for each one of them of taking time out.

I am totally aware of spy sat imagery Pakistan has already got and appreciate our PDF members taking the step further. Like you, you are looking to build one Joint OSINT Project info online. I have my relations in civil officers and army men whom I got sufficient info from the men who are already working for decades on it. Not just the surface internet, but on Deep Web as well

Point of this thread is reiterating a fact to push forward that makes our OSINT info, publicly available, build narratives, solid grounding, counter-claims, provide solid information for our analysis, build new maps, disburse imagery to TV channels, and Social Media in much larger scale than now.

Pakistanis have been very effective in destroying Indian narrative, lies and exposing tall claims on Social Media and all over internet, give it a solid robust ground information we all need now.

All we want is OSINT ORG with multiple roles, not just provide Spy Sat imagery which we have in millions of data collected, formalize the ORG into fighting 5G Generation Warfare, the critical part.

Point of this thread is reiterating a fact to push forward that makes our OSINT info, publicly available, build narratives, solid grounding, counter-claims, provide solid information for our analysis, build new maps, disburse imagery to TV channels, and Social Media in much larger scale than now.
All we want is OSINT ORG with multiple roles, not just provide Spy Sat imagery which we have in millions of data collected, formalize the ORG into fighting 5G Generation Warfare, the critical part.
I won't address any other stuff as that's b/w you & Horus, all I would add here is that not everything that gets scrapped from the Open Source is meant for public consumption. A major chunk of OSINT that gets collected lay down the ground work for further Investigation into hostile elements. Revealing such information to public means you have alerted the opponent to get away with their work.

A perfect example in this case, former Gen.Sec of Voice of Baloch Missing Person Ms.Faraza Majeed Baloch & sister of late BLA terrorist Babar Majeed was being watched through her social media account. Someone decided to expose her social media account & her connection to BLA, now she has gone cold & social media account deactivated ....The account under watch was being used to see whom she was meeting, her whereabouts etc, so thats the power of OSINT. You do not have to have the Human element on ground for entire period of time for intelligence gathering

No doubt into this that Pakistan needs it's own OSINT organization that covers multiple domains from Terrorism, Social Media Engineering, Domain Trace, online investigations, Brute Force Attack, IMINT, dark web

I won't address any other stuff as that's b/w you & Horus, all I would add here is that not everything that gets scrapped from the Open Source is meant for public consumption. A major chunk of OSINT that gets collected lay down the ground work for further Investigation into hostile elements. Revealing such information to public means you have alerted the opponent to get away with their work.

A perfect example in this case, former Gen.Sec of Voice of Baloch Missing Person Ms.Faraza Majeed Baloch & sister of late BLA terrorist Babar Majeed was being watched through her social media account. Someone decided to expose her social media account & her connection to BLA, now she has gone cold & social media account deactivated ....The account under watch was being used to see whom she was meeting, her whereabouts etc, so thats the power of OSINT. You do not have to have the Human element on ground for entire period of time for intelligence gathering

No doubt into this that Pakistan needs it's own OSINT organization that covers multiple domains from Terrorism, Social Media Engineering, Domain Trace, online investigations, Brute Force Attack, IMINT, dark web

Got your point regarding OSINT & HUMINT and critical information should not be made public. Pakistan needs it's own single point OSINT organization that covers multiple domains from Terrorism, Social Media Engineering, Domain Trace, online investigations, Brute Force Attack, IMINT, dark web. Agreed & Done.

Another arm or aspect of OSINT is Satellite Commercial Imagery (IMNIT) and interpretation to forward a narrative, one crucial point I want to make is about Satellite OSINT, what is believable or not for "public narrative building".

What you make of this, or any member make of this, Satellite OSINT interpretation vs On ground reality, and Political talk on incursion:

What is reliable or not. Colonel has a crucial point opposing Satellite imagery (IMINT) or OSINT IMINT, that incursion has happened, and Chinese hold positions in Ladakh, when things are made PUBLIC.

Air interpretation does not give true picture as its not real time, one day, or few hours old, can be photo shopped, where as when on ground events who have been involved tell and faced, would tell truth. A crucial point made.

My Conclusion is : Satellite OSINT IMINT(imagery intelligence) as well as on ground/locals news will make a potent force to destroy others claims and narratives. But on ground local news is not all to be based as they can lie / make up stories on the event as well, whereas real time OSINT becomes useful, tells the impact points, GPS, & damage assessment or just intelligence gathering of airports, military and civil infrastructure locations. It is a counterbalance to see if one is lying and making up stories. Both Satellite OSINT IMINT made public as well as actual ground information complement each other, how intelligently and fairly one uses it, is the point of deep analysis on judgment. Truth will eventually come out, if you hold ground or not.

My humble suggestion in this regard
Planet labs (site where Times India got those satellite images) boast a very capable daily and weekly updating satellite imagery database.
PDF as a Non governmental organisation/ think tank can subscribe to this with multiple experts already present on this forum putting satellite imagery gained to good use.
https://www.planet.com/contact-sales/#contact-sales

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom