What's new

Pakistan need to convert NUST into a R&D facility on military hardware

singlefighter

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
At the moment Pakistan needs an institution which not only educate but spent money on different military hardware R&D. For example NUST gives every year different category engineers to Pak Army, PAF but if they not only educate them but also expand their limit towards the research on engine components for aircrafts of PAF and start research the better engines for Al Khalid MBT and engines for APC Talha and Saad, from last 70 years we are looking for these things towards USA, China, France and Ukraine. I know thats an expensive thing to development of own engines so many people now answer me that still china lacks this expertise but thats not an excuse to ignore our self reliance if start these research program we can send our students to friendly countries like china ,Ukraine, Britain Turkey for advance studies we have Dr. A.Q Khan expert on metallurgical engineering he can come back to the duty for the training of the students for metal composites materials of engines. When succeeded in our development we can fulfil our own engine requirements for the army, air force, navy, suparco, NDC, Nescom And KRL then we can export them to other countries and also we can use this dual technology for commercial use. No institution develops over night it was a long story of hard work, dedication,and will to rise which force the people to become role models for others to follow them.like Hyundai, Daewoo, GE, Mikoyan, Chengdu avic,PAC kamra, KRL, HMC Taxila, so many examples inside and out side the country story of rise and success. But if we will be feared of failure then we will never ever become the developed country but always a third world country who begs from others Army just has to do, double the budget of NUST ,make sure PAC ,KRL , Nescom ,HMC taxila and every other govt and and private leading institute must co-operate with this new program of mass R&D and also include ISI to search all Pakistani in develop countries who are working in this field.and make sure all the must needed machinery will be provided to NUST and call an expression of interest of technology transfer from any leading company in the Field. This speed up our progress and shorten the distance from success. All the things included in this paragraph are practical nothing is impossible even we had already practice this for the success of our nuclear proliferation. So we can repeat it again for military and industrial success this time. Thanks for reading.and please no trolling only serious discussion needed

At the moment Pakistan needs an institution which not only educate but spent money on different military hardware R&D. For example NUST gives every year different category engineers to Pak Army, PAF but if they not only educate them but also expand their limit towards the research on engine components for aircrafts of PAF and start research the better engines for Al Khalid MBT and engines for APC Talha and Saad, from last 70 years we are looking for these things towards USA, China, France and Ukraine. I know thats an expensive thing to development of own engines so many people now answer me that still china lacks this expertise but thats not an excuse to ignore our self reliance if start these research program we can send our students to friendly countries like china ,Ukraine, Britain Turkey for advance studies we have Dr. A.Q Khan expert on metallurgical engineering he can come back to the duty for the training of the students for metal composites materials of engines. When succeeded in our development we can fulfil our own engine requirements for the army, air force, navy, suparco, NDC, Nescom And KRL then we can export them to other countries and also we can use this dual technology for commercial use. No institution develops over night it was a long story of hard work, dedication,and will to rise which force the people to become role models for others to follow them.like Hyundai, Daewoo, GE, Mikoyan, Chengdu avic,PAC kamra, KRL, HMC Taxila, so many examples inside and out side the country story of rise and success. But if we will be feared of failure then we will never ever become the developed country but always a third world country who begs from others Army just has to do, double the budget of NUST ,make sure PAC ,KRL , Nescom ,HMC taxila and every other govt and and private leading institute must co-operate with this new program of mass R&D and also include ISI to search all Pakistani in develop countries who are working in this field.and make sure all the must needed machinery will be provided to NUST and call an expression of interest of technology transfer from any leading company in the Field. This speed up our progress and shorten the distance from success. All the things included in this paragraph are practical nothing is impossible even we had already practice this for the success of our nuclear proliferation. So we can repeat it again for military and industrial success this time. Thanks for reading.and please no trolling only serious discussion needed

The budget for 2016/17 outlines 1,777 million rupees (16.9 million USD) funding for science and technology research, from 300 billion USD GDP, or 0.005%.

http://www.finance.gov.pk/budget/Budget_in_Brief_2016_17.pdf

Now, for comparison, Israel is usually at the forefront of military technology, primarily due to investment and training from their government, and public organizations. They have the highest research budget to GDP in the world at 4.5%, which equates to roughly 13 billion out of 290 billion USD GDP.

Nothing will change unless the government can prioritise the budget and put money into the right fields, otherwise the pool of researchers, engineers, and scientists, will continue to immigrate to western nations and contribute to their research instead.

I personally would prefer to see a relaunch of Pakistan space program within the next 10 years, which should itself provide much greater benefits to our country such as better urban planning, increased agriculture outputs, early warning systems, and also missile technology.

Last edited:
The budget for 2016/17 outlines 1,777 million rupees (16.9 million USD) funding for science and technology research, from 330 billion USD budget.

http://www.finance.gov.pk/budget/Budget_in_Brief_2016_17.pdf

Now, for comparison, Israel is usually at the forefront of military technology, primarily due to investment and training from their government, and public organizations. They have the highest research budget to GDP in the world at 4.5%, which equates to roughly 13 billion out of 290 billion USD budget.

Nothing will change unless the government can prioritise the budget and put money into the right fields, otherwise the pool of researchers, engineers, and scientists, will continue to immigrate to western nations and contribute to their research instead.

I personally would prefer to see a relaunch of Pakistan space program within the next 10 years, which should itself provide much greater benefits to our country such as better urban planning, increased agriculture outputs, early warning systems, and also missile technology.
You are mixing the GDP with budget .. .Pakistan Annual Budget is more or less 40 Billion USD ...

and yes we need to allocate more money for R&D purpose ..

CHINA TO INVEST 1.5 BILLION$ TO BUILD SCIENCE PARK IN ISLAMABAD

“China To Invest 1.5 Billion$ To build Science Park in Islamabad”, It gives the idea that few representatives and people trust that Pakistan is a locale worth contributing, with China maybe being the nearest associate of the nation in such manner. Presently, going to the most recent overhaul within reach, the Minister for Science and Technology, Rana Tanvir Hussain has marked a reminder of comprehension, alongside another Chinese priest by the name of Un Urmaqi.

China To Invest 1.5 Billion$ To build Science Park in Islamabad
China To Invest 1.5 Billion$ To build Science Park in Islamabad
As per the subtle elements, the Chinese priest has welcomed a few companions of his to visit Islamabad amid the month of December so as to choose the area for the development of a terrific park. The recreation center, which is being known as the Pak-China Science Park, is relied upon to initiate development by March 2016, despite the fact that there were no subtle elements gave on when the gigantic scale task will be required to wrap up.

An aggregate sum of $1.5 billion US dollars will be put resources into making the recreation center, which just shows how substantial the recreation center will be once it is totally wrapped up. Tanveer Hussain communicated his sincere appreciation to the Chinese government and said:

We are hoping to fortify our shared ties on financial and in addition mechanical fronts.

He included the undertaking is simply one more stride to add another layer to the companionship establishment that Pakistan and China have kept up for quite a long while. The included point of interest will be that more occupations will be made all the while, in any event in the land district of Islamabad. While the undertaking would begin development in March 2016, let us continue trusting that the venture is not met with further postpones and rests, since it could require the Chinese speculators to begin including more cash as an aftereffect of the deferral..

Proposal

Until recently i was working in NUST, currently NUST is completing its civil works and expanding itself. Moreover there is not one in NUST with a vision in R&D. I was in HQ of NUST, have meet and worked with all the top officers. I couldn't find anyone among the leaders who have any plans for dedicated R&D. So currently your idealism is going down the drain just like my suggestions and ideas which i had discussed with the authorities in NUST.

Takecare

I believe it is quite deliberate that universities not be given defense related projects. PIEAS is a cautionary tale in this regard. It has trouble importing equipment and its graduates have trouble securing visas abroad for higher education because of its links with Pakistan's nuclear program. This is precisely why the merger of IST with PIEAS was so vehemently opposed by the faculty, alumni and students of IST and it was stopped, thankfully. As a matter of fact universities are used to import equipment for SPD organizations sometimes. So you can understand why this separation is quite deliberate. You wouldn't want to 'taint' the universities.

That being said, in an ideal world, I too would like universities to play a bigger role. One way we are going around these things are by making things that lie somewhere between universities and full blown SPD organizations. NCP and CARE are examples of this.

but why limit that to just NUST?

Bro i named Nust because it is under army so they have to take initiative. For there requirements, and if we got some thing better we can move to the ten large engineering universities of Pakistan because i know tyhe problem is monety so army can cut their budget from any program and make sure the speed up in progress govt and private institutions can also collaborate in this program but the main mission is the first drop of the rain just start then you will see the people join it

Bro i named Nust because it is under army so they have to take initiative. For there requirements, and if we got some thing better we can move to the ten large engineering universities of Pakistan because i know tyhe problem is monety so army can cut their budget from any program and make sure the speed up in progress govt and private institutions can also collaborate in this program but the main mission is the first drop of the rain just start then you will see the people join it
CIIT Wah campus provides a lot of projects to POF too....POF funds our projects almost every semester

Whatever that is, Pakistan must Industrialize.

No one is selling us anything except China. And our monkey diplomats still have the nerve to ask the US for some planes.

Back
Top Bottom