What's new

Pakistan Navy's FAC-4, a First Indigenously produced warship, launched at Karachi Shipyard

View attachment 591716

First indigenously produced ?

So the previous 3 were not indigenously produced at ksew I though all were built at ksew ?

Not sure what it means ? May be last 3 were kit assembly ?

This one produced from raw material onwards ?

I was expecting first indegoiusly designed and produced ?

Compare to previous version ??

View attachment 591717

This is first and second boat design ? How much changed ?

one major change is the bridge...the older versions had this protruding open-air observation area which is now removed and is a smooth more stealthy design, many looked at the previous design and pointed out its problem...which is fixed in this version.

All Azmat Class orders complete?
As per initial order yes because four were ordered .

Total Six fast crafts were ordered
4 were in category of 600 Tons
2 were in category of 1500 tons

All six delivered, I think so
Correct me if I am mistaken
Brother you are talking about MPVs (total 6) 600 tons n 1500 tons and these are FACs( M) 560 tons total 4 .

Last edited:
78400342_2662822107136995_7786283680489537536_n.jpg

These FAC's carry a huge punch despite their small size which makes them hard to to detect , We should build at least 2-4 more of them .

Seems like PN has purchased propriety design rights of these FACs as in case of Milgem Corvettes. If so, then definitely PN will go for more after this one. @Rashid Mahmood, @Bilal Khan 777 Is there any plan to upgrade first 3 ships? Is Pakistani produced naval grade steel used in this project? What is the percentage of localization in this project? Any details in this regard?

Seems like PN has purchased propriety design rights of these FACs as in case of Milgem Corvettes. If so, then definitely PN will go for more after this one. @Rashid Mahmood, @Bilal Khan 777 Is there any plan to upgrade first 3 ships? Is Pakistani produced naval grade steel used in this project? What is the percentage of localization in this project? Any details in this regard?

if PN can make this ship whoely in home than i on't see why not they can't make 2-3 more , FAC's are very important for shoot and scoot strategy , and as India has long coast line to defend even if 2-3 make through IN defense lines we can easily launch many Land Attack Missiles on IN installations along the coast of Gujrat .

PN modernization is truly remarkable. The pace of induction was unthinkable even 5 years ago.
They had a requirement for 4-6 more FACs in 2016. It will be interesting to see how they approach that program; perhaps task the Naval Research and Development Institute (NRDI) to work on a next-gen design that's stealthier and faster than this one (see STM FAC-55)?

I'm loving the progress the Navy is making - I think Gwadar is forcing more resources into this area which has been neglected for decades.

One thing the Navy should do it is also invest in an Air Arm (Navy Air Force) independent of PAF operating on the coast line and beyond.
Probably 3 Squadrons of Twin Engine Planes.

Back
Top Bottom