What's new

Pakistan Navy will get 4 more F-22Ps

why nt we manufacture one indigenous frigate?

even start from 2000tonnes would be good[/QUOT]
A bad way of doing things. The better and more economical way is the route PN is taking.
Araz

Ref: the Sonars. The Chinese ships use versions of the French Thomson-CSF DUBV hull-mounted sonars. This family of sonars use tech developed in the 1970s and 1980s which were transferred by the French to China.

[F22P] While the combat systems are almost wholly of Chinese origin, crucially, the sonar system is an Atlas Elektronik ASO-94 system. [as mounted on e.g. Malaysian Laksamana class and recent Danish Absalon and Huitfeldt classes]Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...y-will-get-4-more-f-22ps-6.html#ixzz23I26Qp1p

Read about it in: Warship Technology May 2012 (Royal Institute of Naval Architects publication)
Warship Technology May 2012

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...y-will-get-4-more-f-22ps-6.html#ixzz23I2E1LE7

http://armada.ch/pdf/2008/5_2008/07_Naval_Sensors.pdf (page 26)

You ARE manufacturing a 2000+ ton frigate indigenously (F22p number 4)!

Penguin, a question if you will : If you had to explain it to a lay-man (like myself !) :

1) How good is the F 22 P when compared with other ships of the same class ?

2) What does it offer to the Pakistan Navy ?

3) And most of all how does it, individually or as part of a bigger plan, counter whatever India has to offer ?

Penguin, a question if you will : If you had to explain it to a lay-man (like myself !) :

3) And most of all how does it, individually or as part of a bigger plan, counter whatever India has to offer ?

i can't explain in words as i was on board on F-22p PNS ZULFIQAR :frown:

its really some thing great in our inventory

I had the honour of touring the PNS Babur when it came to port in Kuwait .... A beautiful British built war-proven ship it was

if the chinees F22p can do it better then that then i say keep going for em

These days the categories for destroyers and frigates have become murky again ... lets not go for the sweet sounding names .... the size of a ship dosent matter ..... we are not looking for big 50,000 tonnes displacement(<-- not accurate) ... we are going for cheap , maintainable and effective firing platform .... the frigates are the path which the Pak NAVY is rightfully taking ....

Type 054A , 4 of these , and 4 more F22P frigates would be great for self-confidence.

Together with 6 Submarine this will move us into becoming a proper Navy in region

of course spear headed by best boat of them all Fast Attack Boat Daahshat

You ARE manufacturing a 2000+ ton frigate indigenously (F22p number 4)!

by indigenous i meant

it should be
designed
all the R&D related stuff should be done in Pak

the fact remain the same in f-22p case

We got all the Blue prints of R&D and other related stuff from china
design is chineese
major engineers are chineese involved in the project
and so on

we need to design and manufacture one indigenous boat be it of 500 tonnes(electronics gadgets such as electronics can be imported from 2nd party)

I was and still hopeful that KE&SWs will build another or 3rd Shipyard to complement to two already present and try to look towards manufacturing another 7 F-22P Block-IIs and 5 FACs more and JV with Germans on U-216 program to produce 7 of these in coming time.

I am hopeful that these new F-22P II will have many weapons systems that are latest in Chinese as well as in EU markets, although it would be better if we had produced 2 or 3 F-22Ps instead of one and discard the offer of US for OHPs which is free of cost but cost us in operation and maintainence.

why dont we have distroyres in navy any more

We don't have money nor we are willing to buy one. As there is no use of it for PN. Instead Pn want to induct at least 15 F-22P like Frigates. It would be much better for the PN to have joined the Chinese to build three surface vessels like.
3000-3300 ton Frigate Like F-22Ps
1500-1700 ton Corvette Like Type056
700 ton FACs

All of them would have multi mission capabilities like Anti Air, Surface and Submereged capability. And having build all this at home in 15 years would be great.
21 F-22Ps
15 Corvettes
21 FACs

Starting from 2004 and building 7 Frigates 5 Corvettes and 7 FAC in every five years. So till 2020 our fleet would be awesome.

1) For a 2500ton std / 3200ton fld frigate, let's see who what alternatives there currently are: South Korea's FFX / Incheon class frigate, IN Kamorta class corvette, SIGMA 10513 (Morocco) or 10514 (Indonesia) of perhaps Singapore's Formidable class. While some of these designs are more modern, only 10514 and Formidable appear better/heavier armed (due to VL sam, respectively VL MICA and VL Aster). IN Kamorta gets Barak VL sam but lacks AShM. Relative effectiveness of sensors/electronics is hard(er) to determine, primarily because relatively little is known in the public domain about the Chinese systems, though it seems likely that e.g. Formidable has better sensors/electronics.

2) Value for money + technology transfer

3) It helps PN maintain basic fleet numbers. It is a ship which has CIWS+SAM+SSM rather than either SSM+CIWS or SAM, as is the case with similar sized Type 21s (3 are fitted SSM/CIWS and 3 with SAM and light AAA).

Back
Top Bottom