What's new

Featured Pakistan Navy welcomes 'most advanced' warship delivered by China

1.gif
The speed seems so great that even the fuse didn't have the time :P

@waz @Figaro @The Eagle
I asked the same question at j-17 thread (New fighters PDF doctrine). How can we destroy incoming cruise missile (mainly our air bases, as ships have normally). Like any situation of 28th Feb. As aggressive/mindless Dehli can do that. Are oreliken system enough? But they need prior information (integration) as their radar range is limited. Can oreliken destroy incoming artillery round? as good for practice.

Can't tell or explain any doctrine or counter measures specifically in place for such an attack but there are various factors in play when it comes to deter an attack. Like wise, Pakistan informed them with3 for 1 attack in reply and everyone saw what happened then. Speaking of specific counter measures, they are in place as we speak and will be upgraded with more potent system in coming days. Pakistan is not just going ahead with induction of new platforms or weapons but every area related to warfare is addressed on merit and with quality. Be it ABMs or CIWS, we will somehow see it in future if lucky to have some pictures. Fleet itself and ground defence system is being upgraded big time... like .... next 5 years are crucial and important to note. Can't comment on specific system deployed or like I am not supposed to tell, at-least.

Can't tell or explain any doctrine or counter measures specifically in place for such an attack but there are various factors in play when it comes to deter an attack. Like wise, Pakistan informed them with3 for 1 attack in reply and everyone saw what happened then. Speaking of specific counter measures, they are in place as we speak and will be upgraded with more potent system in coming days. Pakistan is not just going ahead with induction of new platforms or weapons but every area related to warfare is addressed on merit and with quality. Be it ABMs or CIWS, we will somehow see it in future if lucky to have some pictures. Fleet itself and ground defence system is being upgraded big time... like .... next 5 years are crucial and important to note. Can't comment on specific system deployed or like I am not supposed to tell, at-least.
Sure India has learnt from 27th Feb, I hope and pray Pak has learnt a lot and learning more. As irrationality of Dehli is a big factor to account too. Though already IA weapons are the threat, but also the man pulling the trigger. If they had fired Brahmos and we had replied, either they could back down then or wd have escalated more. I was just skeptical but positive too that PA hv already prepared all eventuality (might be due to staff courses and exercise). Hence, was asking this.

@waz @Figaro @The Eagle
I asked the same question at j-17 thread (New fighters PDF doctrine). How can we destroy incoming cruise missile (to save, mainly, our air bases, as ships have normally). As any situation of 28th Feb can rise due to aggressive/mindless Dehli erratic behaviour. Are oreliken system enough? But they need prior information (so integration is must) as their radar range is limited. Can oreliken destroy incoming artillery round? as good for practice on LOC.

Although it's not linked to the thread, but I'll answer. The best away is to simply to buy and network in a good interception system.
Also no, Skyguard isn't for that purpose.

Sure India has learnt from 27th Feb, I hope and pray Pak has learnt a lot and learning more. As irrationality of Dehli is a big factor to account too. Though already IA weapons are the threat, but also the man pulling the trigger. If they had fired Brahmos and we had replied, either they could back down then or wd have escalated more. I was just skeptical but positive too that PA hv already prepared all eventuality (might be due to staff courses and exercise). Hence, was asking this.

To put it easily, India had the Asia Raptor and so the BrahMos back then but what really happened in battlefield, is all about the art of war. In-fact, we did learn a lot from Operation Swift Retort. The shocker was that IAF is back at drawing board due to the failures of all the plans in place while PAF added lot more subjects/information to the existing library after success of a plan among many. 27th Feb, 2019 provided a lot of lessons & information for all the branches of Pakistan Military as the skirmish was not just related to Air War but started on the Ground at LoC, moved to a provocative yet failed stunt at the Sea and then PAF played the leading role while other branches stayed behind for the support if need be.

Although it's not linked to the thread, but I'll answer. The best away is to simply to buy and network in a good interception system.
Also no, Skyguard isn't for that purpose.

Actually, people may not remember about introduction of totally new & different facilities in Karachi & other places. One is under PN command and that will be playing like an all eye during conflict. Interestingly, the emphasis is always upon net centricity, sensor fusion, electronics & a network of all assets combined together for punch.

I can maximum compare to INS Talwar class frigate (10 ships)....

Best of luck...

In what sense? Capability? The batch 1 Talwar ships are 20 years old now....The second batch is more comparable.
The Talwar has a 16 cell VLS capability against the Type54A's 32 cell VLS capability. It's anti-ship missiles are the Klub and Brahmos, have slight disadvantages against the YJ-12.
The Talwar is a more faster ship, but lacks the up to date systems of the Type5A.

So it wasn’t just me than, I thought my mind was playing tricks — basically triggered the fused a fraction of second it passed through completely. Hope they fix this issue.
may be it hit upper deck. Lower thickness. If it had hit hull. then outcome wd hv been different. Also, it might be deliberate so to use the same ship for next target.

@waz @Figaro @The Eagle
I asked the same question at j-17 thread (New fighters PDF doctrine). How can we destroy incoming cruise missile (to save, mainly, our air bases, as ships have normally). As any situation of 28th Feb can rise due to aggressive/mindless Dehli erratic behaviour. Are oreliken system enough? But they need prior information (so integration is must) as their radar range is limited. Can oreliken destroy incoming artillery round? as good for practice on LOC.
In cruise missile defence, primary targets are the CM launch platforms like aircraft, TEL or ship. If unable to bring down the platform and the cruise missiles are fired, then AWACS radar, ground radars, ship radars, LRMP aircarft radars or a fighter aircraft's own radar (AESA) can detect and track CMs. Once CM is detected, it can be countered with AAM like AMRAAM, SAMs like RIM-7 or RIM-116 and if all else fails then, CIWS. You can search the Chinese counterparts of these systems.

Maybe read into X-band radars, proper fuses for AAM, IR technology in SAMs, flight paths of missiles, sensor fusion for guidance against CM etc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom