What's new

Pakistan Navy Tanker Fleet Specs and Discussions

But PN should look more into those Damen products besides acquiring additional OPVs (like 6~8).
Turkey and China are cheaper sources for us, plus easier to get ToT from them. Damen may not give us the same options.
PN needs larger ships more than it needs 6-8 OPVs, which is exactly where they’re spending the money.

Turkey and China are cheaper sources for us, plus easier to get ToT from them. Damen may not give us the same options.
PN needs larger ships more than it needs 6-8 OPVs, which is exactly where they’re spending the money.
So, how many OPVs has PN planned?
I have read someone's comment (but it is not official news), PN has planned 6~8 of OPVs and is interested in other Auxiliary Ships from Damen.

Let's see what will happen in Future.

So, how many OPVs has PN planned?
I have read someone's comment (but it is not official news), PN has planned 6~8 of OPVs and is interested in other Auxiliary Ships from Damen.

Let's see what will happen in Future.
its possible 6-8 is the final goal but they have not shown any intention of buying more than 4 yet (2 already delivered and 2 more). Maybe they plan on doing that once all the other ships are delivered.

As for auxiliaries, i doubt we will go to damen for tankers considering we have the Turkish design, PN has one more of those planned. We already got a hydrographic vessel from China. Maybe we will go to Damen for Smaller tankers or other auxiliaries but there has been no news yet.

its possible 6-8 is the final goal but they have not shown any intention of buying more than 4 yet (2 already delivered and 2 more). Maybe they plan on doing that once all the other ships are delivered.

As for auxiliaries, i doubt we will go to damen for tankers considering we have the Turkish design, PN has one more of those planned. We already got a hydrographic vessel from China. Maybe we will go to Damen for Smaller tankers or other auxiliaries but there has been no news yet.

Let's see, but the PN views about Damen are pretty positive. I don't mean for Tankers only but there are other Naval equipment that PN might need to buy.

Pakistan Navy Replenishment Oiler, PNS NASR (A-47) and Japan Maritime Self Defense Force Landing Ship Tank (LST), JS KUNISAKI (LST-4003) , sailing down the Uraga Channel.

1668199617106.png

A Pakistan 🇵🇰 Navy Sailor stands next to the MK-15 PHALANX Close In Weapon System (CIWS) installed onboard the Replenishment Oiler, PNS NASR.

1668826901858.png

Back
Top Bottom