What's new

Pakistan Navy P-3C Orion Thread

I am surprised that the deal is going forward. We already know that US is slowly stopping the sales of Military Hardware to Pakistan, let’s see what happens in coming days.

Great News....... I hope it come up :)
But PN should order atleast 4 P3-Cs with AWACS fitted. That would give PN a blanket radar coverage at the Coastal areas of Pakistan.

2 AWACS for PN are more than enough...
having coverage of 300+ km...
we have 700 km costline approx......
well US system are much costely and PN is 3rd priority in budget with much less budget...
we need to have subs and new jets for PN...
if money is available then maybe 2-4 destroyers....
well nevermind i don't see condition of PN improving......
just F-22 P would ve induced or maybe some FACs or maybe we sign a deal for destroyers till 2018.....

Yes................
I totally Agree.
But to be honest to say, PN is **** !!
I don't like PN !!
But still if they're are going for AEW&C Aircrafts for PN then atleast 4 should be on the line
PN needs budget, it lacks funds
and if they're going for Destroyer in 2018, then in my opinion....... it would be too damn late coz IN has a huge build of Destroyers already

Seven as of now.

3 originally delivered, 1 lost.
7 delivered under new deal, 2 lost in the RAW attack on PNS Mehran.

So 10-3=7.

Fiscal Year: 2006 Country: PAKISTAN Implementing Agency: Department of the Navy
Type of Transfer: Grant Authority
Item: P-3B(H) AIRCRAFT Model: P-3B National Stock Number:

Congressional Notification Sent: 4/19/2006 Quantity Allocated: 5 Unit Acquisition Value: 8300000
Congressional Expiration: 5/19/2006 Quantity Accepted: 0 Total Acquisition Value: 41500000
Authorized to Supply: 5/30/2006 Quantity Rejected: 0 Unit Current Value: 833300
EDA Accepted: 7/15/2008 Total Quantity Delivered: 5 Total Current Value: 4166500
EDA Rejected: no Delivery Acquisition Value: 41500000
EDA Cancelled: no Delivery Current Value: 4150000

according to the EDA bulletin board, 5 P-3C(H) aircraft have been allocated to PK. these were to be fitted with the Hawkeye-2000 AEWS. since no FMS funds are available, it is very likely that at least two P-3B(H) aircraft may be converted to P-3C 'Orion' standard and delivered to PK .

2 AWACS for PN are more than enough...
having coverage of 300+ km...
we have 700 km costline approx......
well US system are much costely and PN is 3rd priority in budget with much less budget...
we need to have subs and new jets for PN...
if money is available then maybe 2-4 destroyers....
well nevermind i don't see condition of PN improving......
just F-22 P would ve induced or maybe some FACs or maybe we sign a deal for destroyers till 2018.....

Sir g we have 1024 Km coast line, but Pakistan is ranked 6th in the world for waterway coverage.
Waterway Coverage by Country
We need more AWACS. This is our need, our requirement and i hope that PN is looking for it.

Sir g we have 1024 Km coast line, but Pakistan is ranked 6th in the world for waterway coverage.
Waterway Coverage by Country
We need more AWACS. This is our need, our requirement and i hope that PN is looking for it.

bt it was written that we have 700 km long cost line in 9th class pak studies...:cry:
well some more surveillance aircrafts are being induced...
Surveillance radar is being decided aircrafts are chosen......

858310_583979028298467_526222880_o.jpg

don't know if posted here before.....

Pakistan has to take over and rename the Seas in its shore to Sea of Pakistan

The P3 orions are wonderful addition , however , I prefer some Destroyers in our Navy

+some FACs and to replace our existing subs fleet and if we can then to add 2-3 subs....
if we can manage J-11 or any such quality aircraft in Naval Aviation then it would be a game changer....:cool:
well this is time to build up our Navy..
It is always ignored from start....

You guys need a lot more than just Two Awacs. You guys need a full Naval air arm, in a way that it'll have it's own AWACS, AD, Ship Defense and then Naval Air Force. I'd imagine about 2-3 squadrons of JFT. About 2 (3 ideal) squadrons of J-11's or something along the lines of twin turbine and if possible, one stealthy squadron of J-31. Plus about 8 quality Subs including a couple of heavy duty ones.
This is the only way to keep a defensive punch in the case of a larger Indian Navy's mobilization. Plus, if the Pakistani economy grows as people in the West now think about it, then you'll need this much force to ensure your trade routes are safe, anti terrorism, anti narcotics, etc so more responsibilities will be added.

You guys need a lot more than just Two Awacs. You guys need a full Naval air arm, in a way that it'll have it's own AWACS, AD, Ship Defense and then Naval Air Force. I'd imagine about 2-3 squadrons of JFT. About 2 (3 ideal) squadrons of J-11's or something along the lines of twin turbine and if possible, one stealthy squadron of J-31. Plus about 8 quality Subs including a couple of heavy duty ones.
This is the only way to keep a defensive punch in the case of a larger Indian Navy's mobilization. Plus, if the Pakistani economy grows as people in the West now think about it, then you'll need this much force to ensure your trade routes are safe, anti terrorism, anti narcotics, etc so more responsibilities will be added.

Impressive list! Music to the ears.

Got the money for all that? Because at present we sure dont! In long run, navy is modernizing albeit at slow pace. Based on its paltry budget they're still on the right path.

By the way there are more than 2 AEW&C aircrafts for maritime patrol

Back
Top Bottom