What's new

Pakistan Navy | News & Discussions.

Sir the report is pretty sketchy. We dont know what these boats will look like. As I have mentioned earlier, we can reduce price by having a hull of 056 and developing it for MSA role with a view to making it dual use. Is that a possibility. Where is @Rashid Mahmood or @Rafi and why have they not commented on this subject.I dont think we are talking about things which are secrets.
Araz

Well I did say Indian media at the top

This is baffling. It could mean 2 things.
1. We are buying both Chinese and American cutters which could be overkill.
2. Buying the cheaper Chinese ships and save the $$$.

but US Cutters deal was inked , i think US has published in their State websites ..

I will try and get some more information regarding this, but off my head - the American vessels will be provided through the FMS annual military aid - and will not be paid by the Pakistani tax power, if I remember correctly.

The new vessels will be designed to protect our new EEZ extension - we have many new resources and fishing to guard - and vessels with the ability to remain at sea for extended periods, with some multi-role capability is a must.
IMO the US made Cutters are to be used for anti piracy only. Hence the requirement for coastal defence requires more capable options. The Cutters that would come form China would be required to be some where around 1200-1500tons fully loaded.

Sea Platforms

Pakistan signs deal with China for six patrol craft

Farhan Bokhari, Islamabad - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly

11 June 2015

China has signed a contract with Pakistan to supply six patrol boats to step up its surveillance of the northern Arabian Sea.

Although a price for the contract has not been released, a senior Pakistani government official said that "at least USD130 million" has been set aside for the purchase. The vessels will be operated by Pakistan's Maritime Security Agency, which is run by the navy.

A formal agreement for the sale was signed on 10 June at the Ministry of Defence Production in Rawalpindi between the Pakistani government and China Ship Trading Company (CSTS), according to the Pakistani official.

Here's the difference.
6 Chinese cutters for 130 mill
8 US cutters for 343 mill
You do the math

Likely to be the new Type 618B IV class.

Does Pakistan Coast Guards comes under Sindh and Balochistan Govt.?

I think it better if it Pakistan Coast Guard would come under Sindh and Balochistan Govt. as they can spend good money on them.

Sindh Govt. should take measures to get Coast Guards of its own side on board and buy them stuff like:
15 GR Cutters from US
8-10 ex-Sea King with Upgrades
8-10 Panther
20+ UAVs like CH-3 for coastal Patrol
3-5 ATR-42-600 Coast Guard

And Balochistan Govt. Should also look towards this same.

Does Pakistan Coast Guards comes under Sindh and Balochistan Govt.?

I think it better if it Pakistan Coast Guard would come under Sindh and Balochistan Govt. as they can spend good money on them.

Sindh Govt. should take measures to get Coast Guards of its own side on board and buy them stuff like:
15 GR Cutters from US
8-10 ex-Sea King with Upgrades
8-10 Panther
20+ UAVs like CH-3 for coastal Patrol
3-5 ATR-42-600 Coast Guard

And Balochistan Govt. Should also look towards this same.
Do you think the Provincial Governments have enough funds to maintain this kind of force?
These guy can not manage local issues how are they going to tackle complex problems.

Do you think the Provincial Governments have enough funds to maintain this kind of force?
These guy can not manage local issues how are they going to tackle complex problems.

It's black hawk likes to dream

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom