What's new

Pakistan Navy | News & Discussions.

PNS MOAWIN has received a new Satellite Communications System similar to ZULFIQAR Class Frigates....

1671111982706.png

The participants of the 5th Maritime Security Workshop (MARSEW5) organized by the Pakistan 🇵🇰 Navy visited Naval Units at Karachi, Gwadar Creeks, and Ormara.
The workshop participants also visited Pakistan Navy's forward posts in the Creeks area and installations at Ormara and Gwadar.

1671113553827.png

Three warships in Karachi's naval dockyard in below google satellite screenshot:

Capture454.PNG

F22P Frigate, PNS Badr and a Yarmook class corvette.

The PNS Badr is under construction and PN may commission it by end of 2024 or by 2025.
But my question is what kind of work is going on in the other two ships ?

Is Yarmook finally getting weaponized ? and what type of work is going on in F22P. Why they usually wrap it up? What kind of material they have used to wrap it up and whats this used for ?

Anyone has any clues ?

@Tipu7 @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

Three warships in Karachi's naval dockyard in below google satellite screenshot:

View attachment 906628

F22P Frigate, PNS Badr and a Yarmook class corvette.

The PNS Badr is under construction and PN may commission it by end of 2024 or by 2025.
But my question is what kind of work is going on in the other two ships ?

Is Yarmook finally getting weaponized ? and what type of work is going on in F22P. Why they usually wrap it up? What kind of material they have used to wrap it up and whats this used for ?

Anyone has any clues ?

@Tipu7 @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

Since Badr was launched in May'22, I believe it to be Tariq rather than Badr.

Since Badr was launched in May'22, I believe it to be Tariq rather than Badr.

Nope. It is PNS Badr. Yes it was launched earlier this year but its back to dry dock. Launch is only 30-40% of work done. All systems, wirings, propulsions, electronics, sensors, weapons everything is done after the launch. PNS Badr will take atleast 2 - 2.5 more years to get commissioned.

the Keel Laying Ceremony of first HANGOR Class Submarine and Steel Cutting of second Submarine held at Karachi Shipyard & Engineering Works (KS&EW). Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Muhammad Amjad Khan Niazi graced the occasion as Chief Guest.

321736362_659828852558573_5205443300935949473_n.jpg

the Keel Laying Ceremony of first HANGOR Class Submarine and Steel Cutting of second Submarine held at Karachi Shipyard & Engineering Works (KS&EW). Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Muhammad Amjad Khan Niazi graced the occasion as Chief Guest.

321736362_659828852558573_5205443300935949473_n.jpg

Will they import the pressure hull from China - or will they fashion it from imported stell from China - or will it be with Pakistani stell, fashioned in Pakistan ? Looks like the pressure hull is being imported ??

Eight AIP subs is an excellent addition - though the large scale induction of P8i's by India does take the edge off these a little.

Eight AIP subs is an excellent addition - though the large scale induction of P8i's by India does take the edge off these a little.

True. These will add some serious muscle. The fact these are SSP (AIP enabled) makes them very deadly. The subs are detectable at shallow depth or at surface (Just like PN detected indian subs twice and release photos).

The P8s though an amazing platform still would have daunting / challenging task to detect subs that can remain submerged in deep depths for longer duration.

Finding a submerged submarine in relative depth is like needle in a haystack. The oceans are massive and its not a flat surface underneath the oceans which can be used by submarine commanders to hide from detection.

Indonesian submarine was lost in 2021. Several countries provided assets including the US P-8s and still it took days to detect it. The fact is that relative location of the submarine was also known. This shows how difficult is to locate a submerged vassal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom