What's new

Pakistan Navy Inducts Marinized ATR MPAs and LUNA NG UAVs

Is PN looking to acquire another 4 to 6 ATR-72s with MPA upgrades?

How many ATR PN have?

No idea but PN did gave out tender for a jet and according to @HRK It will be converted into MPA

I guess, American & EU jet airliners can offer something good.

• Boeing
  • Embraer
  • Airbus
  • Bombardier

And I wish these will also be in good numbers to counter Threats from East and even from Western side of Pakistan.

But PN should keep acquiring ATR-72s with MPA up-gradation.

Even MSA needs ATR-42s with MPA equipment on board.

Lets see. Bombardier would be a strong contender though.

i wonder why luna, couldnt we develop a variation of drone our self ? seems we are habit of buying stuff of the shelf

Who can be held accountable for this? Pak has world class UAV manufacturers but here an expensive German system has been bought. This is the way to run down local industry and make some people rich in Switzerland and elsewhere.

RAS-SMM-RAS72-SE-Desktop@2x.jpg

Who can be held accountable for this? Pak has world class UAV manufacturers but here an expensive German system has been bought. This is the way to run down local industry and make some people rich in Switzerland and elsewhere.
You buy off the shelf when your requirement numbers do not justify local manufacture and R&D.
I think Luna bought to meet a niche for taking off and landing via skyhook/Nets on decks of ships. PN operates locally manufactured UAVs too but those need runways. Another reason could be since inducted with the ATR MPA could be that the systems integrator has added control of Luna to ATRs.

Judging from past it is likely just like before Pakistan will copy the folding mechanism onto local produced models.

Last edited:
You buy off the shelf when your requirement numbers do not justify local manufacture and R&D.
I think Luna bought to meet a niche for taking off and landing via skyhook/Nets on decks of ships. PN operates locally manufactured UAVs too but those need runways. Another reason could be since inducted with the ATR MPA could be that the systems integrator has added control of Luna to ATRs.

Judging from past it is likely just like before Pakistan will copy the folding mechanism onto local produced models.

Agreed to the above. Other times, some governments make a line of credit available, and you don't have too many things to use it on due to other fiscal constraints. So, you settle niche needs first and foremost with the resources. In this case, it wouldn't surprise me if Germany set a line-of-credit for Pakistan to use, and since it wasn't enough to support a huge purchase, they put it towards the Luna NG.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom