What's new

Pakistan Navy inducts Karrar into its fleet

Yes they are very versatile indeed fatman17. But in any case ours don't even have a 30mm or any other kind of defensive armament on board like the ones shown above. How are you suppose to do any kind of patroling mission without some kind of weapon mounted either in the front or sides. I know that guns are not for offensive roles but it show that you mean business when it comes to investigating unknown ships or boats.

According to the Turkish defence magazine S&H Pakistan is in negotiations for the larger MRTP44 which will carry either a 40mm or 56mm gun.

It's MRTP 44. The MRTP 44 is a longer and heavier version (44m) of the MRTP 33 (35m).
The MRTP 70 is only a design concept of Yonca Onuk shipyard. The shipyard is willing to design the MRTP 70 if there is demand, but the Turkish navy has not shown any serious interest unfortunately.

It's MRTP 44. The MRTP 44 is a longer and heavier version (44m) of the MRTP 33 (35m).
The MRTP 70 is only a design concept of Yonca Onuk shipyard. The shipyard is willing to design the MRTP 70 if there is demand, but the Turkish navy has not shown any serious interest unfortunately.

is this the MRTP 44? which ever it is Turkey is developing indigenous products very quickly! good for Turkey!

It is New Type Patrol Boat that is constructing by Dearsan Shipyard in Turkey.

cbe22338a5366183bafb9251a063098b.jpg

5cab887d671fdb61f5549524bdba8086.jpg

Attachments

• cbe22338a5366183bafb9251a063098b.jpg
    cbe22338a5366183bafb9251a063098b.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 5cab887d671fdb61f5549524bdba8086.jpg
    5cab887d671fdb61f5549524bdba8086.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 36
This one is MRTP-40 but We have not got any picture of new MRTP-44. It must be same design with MRTP-40 but more longer version...

VL at a fast attack boat ? It is not a true step to integrate VL to a fast attack small size craft because of its integrate problems, mission differences, speed, internal size of boats, experienced costs for a fast attack boats...

well members with all the respect for this craft, what is it doing with the navy,

i think it is meant to be a coast guard boat and also if it is to be used as a multiple role attack craft then what was wrong with the missile boats which we are already producing and have three of them out of which two missile boats were home produced,

i mean to ask that this platform is being produced in Pakistan so why did the Navy opted for another choice?? Confused!!

Regards

well members with all the respect for this craft, what is it doing with the navy,

i think it is meant to be a coast guard boat and also if it is to be used as a multiple role attack craft then what was wrong with the missile boats which we are already producing and have three of them out of which two missile boats were home produced,

i mean to ask that this platform is being produced in Pakistan so why did the Navy opted for another choice?? Confused!!

Regards

oh for god sake please be quite! i hate people when they come up with their own definition for missile boats, frigates, destroyers, corvette etc.. which apparently is only "WEIGHT"!
with your definition, F-22P is no where close to being a frigate then! check out its weight class "2500T" on the comparative side... the IN talwar frigate is over "4000T"!! does that mean F-22P is a cost guard frigate? :crazy:
MRTP-33 is a perfect platform for PN size navy and coastal! it is capable of carrying anti-ship missiles as well SAMs

PN could have a mix high low weight class.

Frigate
-2500 tonne F-22P
-4000 (Type 054?)

Missile boat
-100+ tonne MRTP-33
-150-200 MRTP-??

PS: sorry. no offense.

Last edited:
Yes they are very versatile indeed fatman17. But in any case ours don't even have a 30mm or any other kind of defensive armament on board like the ones shown above. How are you suppose to do any kind of patroling mission without some kind of weapon mounted either in the front or sides. I know that guns are not for offensive roles but it show that you mean business when it comes to investigating unknown ships or boats.

PN is going to fit them wepons man wat u think we bought them for show!! lol good things to come boss watch and see cheers! :cheers::pakistan:

does anyone know if the armament package has been decided?

i would love to see this baby equipped with

Exocet MM38 (new block)
&
Naval VL-MICA

oh for god sake please be quite! i hate people when they come up with their own definition for missile boats, frigates, destroyers, corvette etc.. which apparently is only "WEIGHT"!
with your definition, F-22P is no where close to being a frigate then! check out its weight class "2500T" on the comparative side... the IN talwar frigate is over "4000T"!! does that mean F-22P is a cost guard frigate?
MRTP-33 is a perfect platform for PN size navy and coastal! it is capable of carrying anti-ship missiles as well SAMs

PN could have a mix high low weight class.

Frigate
-2500 tonne F-22P
-4000 (Type 054?)

Missile boat
-100+ tonne MRTP-33
-150-200 MRTP-??

now where the hell i have mentioned this rubish weightage issue, actually i have noticed that this is one thing you aare very good at, moulding the post according to your own mentality!!

have a look at it again and carefully this time for godsake!!

Regards

now this was my question that OK IF THEY ARE MULTIPURPOSE CRAFTS WHY HAVE WE OPTED FOR NEWER THING SINCE THE MISSILE BOATS WEE BEING PRODUCED LOCALLY AND MODIFICATIONS COULD HAVE BEEN DONE IF NECESSARY!WAS THERE ANY SHORTCOMMING FROM THOSE BOATS??
thats all i want to ask!!

and i am also
SORRY NO OFFENSE

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom