What's new

‘Pakistan Navy fully capable of defending country’s long coast’

BHarwana

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Navy is fully cognisance of its responsibilities in the wake of gigantic China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) as the maritime activities in waters adjoining the coast of Balochistan would be enhanced many fold down the line in months and years to come.

It has been transpired in a briefing given to the senior media persons on Tuesday by the Public Relations department/spokesman of Pakistan Navy here in Islamabad. The Navy under its new Chief Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi has prepared itself for the challenges ahead since it is fully capable of defending Pakistan’s long coast.

The spokesman of the Navy reminded that the present role of the Naval Force couldn’t be underestimated since more than ninety percent of import and export is carried out through waters. These trade routes have throughout been kept safe. The safety and security of the shipping channels is ensured by the Pakistan Navy.

The spokesman made it clear that Navy has improved its capacity to secure the maritime interest of the country with the development of CPEC. Gwadar would be hub of future shipping in the region and it would be safest port equipped with most sophisticated facilities for shipping in the region, he said. He said that Pakistan Navy recently helped marooned people in Sri Lanka and received laurel by the president of that country and other leaders while its ships have been providing comforting services to the coastal areas of Africa regularly.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/27...lly-capable-of-defending-country-s-long-coast

15 Brahmos are all that is needed to end the surface capacity of the PN at its current state.
Three sorties from Strike aircraft with that weapon can keep the IN from simply not even bothering to come close to the A2/AD assets and setting a blockade a good distance away from the coasts.

15 Brahmos are all that is needed to end the surface capacity of the PN at its current state.
Three sorties from Strike aircraft with that weapon can keep the IN from simply not even bothering to come close to the A2/AD assets and setting a blockade a good distance away from the coasts.

very unfortunate condition of PN :(

100 Babur will end your navy too.

:tsk:
100 Babur will end your navy too.
Your post is perfect example of why our nation is screwed.
Those who speak without thinking and using their willie rather than their brain.

What is my title? When did I join?
And what is my country?

So per your reply to a Pakistani member who unlike you has worked in an organization undertaking R&D for the Pakistani military, my military.. a 100 babur would destroy the Pakistan Navy?Will the baburs be launched against ourselves then? So basically a missile system whose Software version 0.1alpha used to sit on my desktop will attack our own people. So in your claim and of the dingo below you, our weapon systems will kill us..so we are truly completely doomed!!

Do you see how completely foolish and hot headed you sound? Probably no wiser than a 17 year old who is full of hormonal imbalances but no actual clarity of thought.

In addition, your remark not only is misplaced but also would end up starting a tit for tat trolling response that would ruin the thread.

Sadly, you are only reiforcing my view o on carrying the golden fake title which is the single most abhorrent feature of the forum to me, based on how much you posted and not the quality of the post.

Learn to think before you post!!

very unfortunate condition of PN :(
It isn’t all doom and gloom since there are major upgrades underway and the littoral combatants will still extract some blood from any IN strategy foolish enough to ignore their ability to hide near the coast lines and carry out hit and run attacks; but the Type-21s, F-22Ps and the Yacht known as Alamgir are easy pickings for anything more than a single missile launched at them.

How will 15 Brahmos destroy the entire Navy can you please explain this? From where will those 15 Brahmos make an approach which direction and what location will they target?

:tsk:
Your post is perfect example of why our nation is screwed.
Those who speak without thinking and using their willie rather than their brain.

What is my title? When did I join?
And what is my country?

So per your reply to a Pakistani member who unlike you has worked in an organization undertaking R&D for the Pakistani military, my military.. a 100 babur would destroy the Pakistan Navy?Will the baburs be launched against ourselves then? So basically a missile system whose Software version 0.1alpha used to sit on my desktop will attack our own people. So in your claim and of the dingo below you, our weapon systems will kill us..so we are truly completely doomed!!

Do you see how completely foolish and hot headed you sound? Probably no wiser than a 17 year old who is full of hormonal imbalances but no actual clarity of thought.

In addition, your remark not only is misplaced but also would end up starting a tit for tat trolling response that would ruin the thread.

Sadly, you are only reiforcing my view o on carrying the golden fake title which is the single most abhorrent feature of the forum to me, based on how much you posted and not the quality of the post.

Learn to think before you post!!

It isn’t all doom and gloom since there are major upgrades underway and the littoral combatants will still extract some blood from any IN strategy foolish enough to ignore their ability to hide near the coast lines and carry out hit and run attacks; but the Type-21s, F-22Ps and the Yacht known as Alamgir are easy pickings for anything more than a single missile launched at them.
That was a massive rant and didn't make much sense.
Can you plz simplify your comment?

How will 15 Brahmos destroy the entire Navy can you please explain this? From where will those 15 Brahmos make an approach which direction and what location will they target?
fact of the matter is simple PNs Surface fleet is substandard and has no credible defence against brahmos so unless they get something which can work against brahmos they all will sleep with the fishes
2-3 missiles per ship is all they need

Last edited:
His post perfectly mirrors the nonsense you said. If 15 BrahMos would end PN then ~40 Babur/Harbah/CM-400 AKG would end the Indian Navy.

He was trying to say that Pakistan Navy is not that good in strength and should be improved using Sarcasm but you all are bashing him please give critics some room.

fact of the matter is simple PNs Surface fleet is substandard and has no credible defence against brahmos so unless they get something which can work against brahmos they all will sleep with the fishes

So my question is what is a good defence against Bhramos?

Did you read the rest of my post as well?
I dont think so

As for 15 Brahmos
It takes 2 at a time per ship. The current self Defence capacity on PN ships is incapable of handling more than one supersonic see skimming missile.

Last edited:
His post perfectly mirrors the nonsense you said. If 15 BrahMos would end PN then ~40 Babur/Harbah/CM-400 AKG would end the Indian Navy.
I just told you how.
You tell me how with the IN’s current ships and their air defence system your 40 missiles will end the IN with 47 ships of which at least 60% have multiple layered ship defenses.

I must see this brilliant well thought out math.

should be improved using Sarcasm but you all are bashing him please give critics some room.
He is most definitely not being sarcastic. He is leveraging this stupid statement by claiming to have 'worked in R&D with the military'.

I just told you how.
You tell me how with the IN’s current ships and their air defence system your 40 missiles will end the IN with 47 ships of which at least 60% have multiple layered ship defenses.

I must see this brilliant well thought out math.
40 CM-400AKG are all that is needed to end the surface capacity of the IN at its current state.
Twelve sorties from Strike aircraft with that weapon can keep the PN from simply not even bothering to come close to the A2/AD assets and setting a blockade a good distance away from the coasts.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom