What's new

Pakistan Navy Fast Attack Craft launched

2.jpg

022?
1-2.jpg

new boat

maximum you need 3 squadrons 3x6 for coastal defence maritime recee of economic zones. each sqdn can be based at gwadar, turbat (new P3C base) and ormara (sub base).

Fatman thx for the info however... so the P-3 C will be based at Turbat?

Fatman thx for the info however... so the P-3 C will be based at Turbat?

it was planned already - WW2 airport is being upgraded along with infrastructure but unfortunately the mehran terrorist attacks happened.

all the agosta 90B and the earlier model agosta are being moved to ormara. in karachi, the surface fleet will be based, frigates, minesweepers etc.

well there is still nothing confirmed about which missile craft PN is getting.
the pics every where show type 022 but the reports claim it to be a 500 ton category ship and these two thing do not fit together.

i guess, it is a new design or perhaps at least a largely modified design of some existing class and that is why the exact class is not being reported.
there is every chance for this to happen as now the PN dockyard have gained enough experience to go ahead with manufacturing of hull. the issue we lack in is ht e weapon and battle command systems. these can be fitted in the new ship and thus a new class can come into existence.

this can be one reason that no one doi not exactly know what ship is it!

i think some senior members with links within Navy can come up to help!

regards!

Check the picture above your post. This is one frame from the official steel cutting ceremony video of the second ship in this class. The ship's outline and armaments can be confirmed from this picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
The ship in the banner looks fairly stealthy but its surely not the fast attack boat we have been seeing in earlier threads with the camaflouge
are these two separate deals

dear all these videos and pictures from banners have been posted in last pages. the problem is that no one has been able to confirm what ship it exactly is and are we going to get these for sure!
for this, i am looking forward for someone with a reliable source in Navy to confirm this.
otherwise, we have to wait for 1.5~2 years when these will be commissioned! we will know what these are for sure at that time!

dear all these videos and pictures from banners have been posted in last pages. the problem is that no one has been able to confirm what ship it exactly is and are we going to get these for sure!
for this, i am looking forward for someone with a reliable source in Navy to confirm this.
otherwise, we have to wait for 1.5~2 years when these will be commissioned! we will know what these are for sure at that time!

possibly of the Houjian class

:cry:what ever it is, but it is not houbei class, was really waiting for it!!

possibly of the Houjian class

hmm, the ship in the above pictures look a stealth design. there is evey possibility that PN may be going for a modified design with stealthy features and will include the systems of Houjian Class corvette. the PN dockyard have gained enough knowledge in ship building that they can modify the design of there own now.
this may be one reason why no one is sure about what class of ships are these.

regards!

hmm, the ship in the above pictures look a stealth design. there is evey possibility that PN may be going for a modified design with stealthy features and will include the systems of Houjian Class corvette. the PN dockyard have gained enough knowledge in ship building that they can modify the design of there own now.
this may be one reason why no one is sure about what class of ships are these.

regards!

may be a new class or hybrid of multiple classes?

PLAN_Shunde_771_Houjian_Class_Missile_Boat.jpg

or this one weight around 520 ton but no air defence missile system . and the stealth feature is not visible :cry:

The ship in the banner looks fairly stealthy but its surely not the fast attack boat we have been seeing in earlier threads with the camaflouge
are these two separate deals

You can wait for your reliable source if you want to. However, as a person who have seen the first boat being built in Tianjin, China, I can tell you that the one being built by KSEW (i.e. the boat shown in the banner) is the second boat of this class. They are exactly what PN will receive for the deal of constructing two FAC(M). There is absolutely no contract of type 022 stealth FAC for PN when I am writing this comment. And by the way, you don't have to wait 1.5~2 years for the pictures, because the first boat will be launched in October 2011. I will post photos when the boat takes shape.

Back
Top Bottom