What's new

Pakistan Navy considering buying warships from China, Turkey

Also, I have a feeling that DAWN is either misquoting him, or the guy has no idea what he's talking about.
He didn't say we'll soon start manufacturing our own 5th generation fighter plane, did he?
So the most probable interpretation will be a JV with China for the FC-31 made to Pakistani specifications, as "soon" negates the TFX which is still in design phase and won't be available before 2028.. One thing to remember is that Turkey has a big airforce, is part of NATO and is getting the F-35 soon, so the priorities aren't the same as the Pakistani ones..
Pakistan joining the TFX program will have great benefits in the long term, for short and medium terms the FC-31 is the most logical outcome..

India P-8I can find and kill submarines and surface vessels.

If India were to also acquire mothballed S-3 Vikings then this would be even more of an advantage for India

A submarine submerged at more than 100 meters is very difficult, if no impossible to detect from the air, that is why there are sonars on chips and submarines called hunters..The main vulnerability to a submarine is when it surfaces or is in shallow waters less than 100 m deep.. With AIP Pakistani Subs do not need to surface they can patrol in the sea and resurface in their own waters..

We should give priority to technology transfer and local manufacturing....lot of labor force sitting idle.

What happened to news of lease of 2 Type-54s during Zarfari government??

Thailand have no 054 or 054A, RTN bought DW-3000H around 450 millions USD

Construction of I class frigate has been commenced.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SavunmaTekno?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

The design and size comparison between Milgem and I class.

ADA_vs_I_Class.jpg

Any news if these are for PN ?

These are for Turkish navy. No contract has been signed with Turkey for any warships till today. There are chances we might sign some contract in year 2017. Wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom