What's new

Featured Pakistan Navy conducts surface to surface & air to sea live firing of anti-ship missile

Oh no.....not for a long time...

Warfare evolves, it never ends, as long as humans exist on this planet.
Yeah, but super sonic Anti Ship Missiles are going to be hard to counter. I think they go too fast to intercept by missile or CWIZ

Yeah, but super sonic Anti Ship Missiles are going to be hard to counter. I think they go too fast to intercept by missile or CWIZ

Not really, the supersonic CM's have to go against point defense systems whose missiles go much much faster. Another thing is that supersonic CM's currently lack the range to go far, check Brahmos's range....and aren't as maneuverable as subsonic ones. The more they maneuver, the more range they lose since speed is everything to these missiles.

Which is why most nations operate subsonic cruise missiles. And are developing hypersonic missiles, which'll replace supersonic ones since hypersonic have greater range, speed and maneuverability. So only subsonic and hypersonic missiles will remain most probably.

The real game-changers are the ones that out-going PN Chief mentioned and then the ones he did not mention. As I had mentioned some three years ago PN has been very quietly working on some very advanced programs that will make it a very potent force despite a relatively small fleet just the PAF and the best part is though the vessels are bought from other countries the weapon systems and EWS are all in-house designed and developed. Let's wait for the PN to release the test footage of its long-range hyper missiles.

The land based indigenous Zarb Anti-Ship cruise missile will prove to be a game changer.

View attachment 683516

Let's hope to see something new.
Must be medium range anti-ship missile test . Seems like Pakistan is preparing for war.
We need multi layered defense of our ships against aircraft, short , medium and long range missiles and torpedoes.

Back
Top Bottom