What's new

Pakistan must do more to counter terrorism: Australian PM

Nitin Goyal

BANNED
Reaction score
Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard on Monday sent a stern warning to Pakistan stating that it must do more to counter terrorism and extremism, especially on its borders with Afghanistan.
The comments came while Gillard was speaking in Australian Parliament on the timetable for withdrawing the country's troops from Afghanistan.
Gillard said Australia would adjust its troop contribution when the primary training and mentoring task in Uruzgan province was completed and Afghanistan authorities take responsibility for security.
"Our national interests in Afghanistan have not changed in 12 months," she said adding that Australia would not abandon Afghanistan and planning for the post-transition period had started.
Australia's post-2014 role in Afghanistan would include substantial development assistance and ongoing training to develop Afghan national security forces including police.
"We will continue our efforts in Afghanistan to ensure that the country never again becomes a safe haven and training ground for international terrorism," Gillard said.
"It is time for Pakistan to do more to counter terrorism and extremism, particularly on its border with Afghanistan," Gillard said.
"That is in the interests of Afghanistan, Australia, our coalition partners. It was also in the interests of Pakistan itself," she said.
Gillard said progress was being made across Afghanistan with Taliban under considerable pressure, its leadership weakened and its ability to recruit and re-supply disrupted.
"The government would keep under consideration a continued special forces presence in Afghanistan beyond 2014," the Prime Minister said.

Pakistan must do more to counter terrorism: Australian PM | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

My, question, has Australia done more than Pakistan?

First, they should come on par and exceed us, then tell us to do more.

a 'stern warning from australia' should be taken about just as seriously as an autistic 4 year old dressed in a lab coat

most of the ozzies in A-stan are embedded with American forces in the Oruzgan.....primarily their job is to be boot-polishers shadowing them around. 32 casualties since 2001 and they want to act as if they'd made some supreme sacrifice in Afghanistan

:laugh:

a 'stern warning from australia' should be taken about just as seriously as an autistic 4 year old dressed in a lab coat

most of the ozzies in A-stan are embedded with American forces in the Oruzgan.....primarily their job is to be boot-polishers shadowing them around. 32 casualties since 2001 and they want to act as if they'd made some supreme sacrifice in Afghanistan

:laugh:

Exactly my point, what have they done to counter this phenomena?

And has it really affected them , to the extent that they should have a say in this and urge us to do more?

My answer a flat 'no'.

they have nothing to do with Afghanistan; they are just deluded into thinking they are a country that actually matters...

they've accomplished just about zilch in Afghanistan.....but Pakistan is well rehearsed now on how to deal with the ''do more'' business.

it goes something like this:

Last edited by a moderator:
648.gif

they have nothing to do with Afghanistan; they are just deluded into thinking they are a country that actually matters...

they've accomplished just about zilch in Afghanistan.....but Pakistan is well rehearsed now on how to deal with the ''do more'' business.

it goes something like this:

Kitno ke muh band karange janab ??

Even your own enemy (taliban) created by you

Last edited by a moderator:
shortsightedness of you guys are regretful.

:rofl: :rofl: blindness of you guys is wonderful :rofl::rofl:

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Kitno ke muh band karange janab ??

Even your own enemy (taliban) created by you

khuly moon se koi problem hai? ahahhaha we dont wanna close them bugs will enter in there mouths and they will close it :rofl:

imran .. tell me one thing. why pakistani businessmen are migrating to bangladesh ?

Because the economy is in bad shape. The terrorism problem is now majorly only confined to the tribal areas, and not the cities. The stuff in Karachi is not terrorism, it is political militancy.

imran .. tell me one thing. why pakistani businessmen are migrating to bangladesh ?

first give me list of business men then i can say some thing .we have thousands of businessmen here . i dont read any thing abut our top businessmen migrating to BD .

Back
Top Bottom