What's new

Pakistan money in Swiss banks higher than India's: Switzerland data.

WarMonger

BANNED
Reaction score
Pakistan money in Swiss banks higher than India's: Switzerland data.
PTI | Jun 21, 2013, 03.48 PM IST

ZURICH/NEW DELHI: When it comes to money in Swiss banks, Pakistan has a slight edge over India with total funds amounting to 1,441 million Swiss francs (about Rs 9,200 crore) held there by Pakistani individuals and entities.

However, this was the lowest level for such funds ever since Switzerland's central bank began compiling this data in 2002 and was less than half of the record high amount of over 3 billion Swiss francs recorded in 2005. The previous record low of 1.95 billion Swiss francs was seen in the year 2010.

In their local currency, the total funds held by individuals and entities from Pakistan in Swiss banks stood at over 15,000 crore Pakistani rupees as on December 31, 2012.

This marked a decline of nearly 32 per cent from 2,119 million Swiss francs (about Rs 23,000 crore Pakistani rupees) at the end of 2011, as per the latest annual report of Switzerland's central bank on banks operating in the country.

The issue of alleged stashing of black money in Swiss banks has been a matter of intense debate in Pakistan, as there have been reports of some top former government leaders having kept their money in banks in the European country due to their hugely popular 'safe-haven' status.

However, a higher amount than Indian entities assumes significance because Pakistan is a much smaller country in terms of population and area.

Still, the quantum of money held by Swiss banks for their Pakistani clients was about 1.5 per cent higher than the equivalent figure for Indians at 1,421 million Swiss francs (about Rs 9,100 crore) at the end of 2012, the latest data compiled by Swiss National Bank (SNB) shows.

Pakistan money in Swiss banks higher than India's: Switzerland data - The Times of India

I am 100% sure in that amount ...PDF's MOD will be having most of the money in Swiss banks.

Now that is indeed surprising.

It seems that Pakistani elites are not very intelligent.

The Indians have been moving money from Switzerland for the last 2 years dramatically once it became clear that Swiss authorities will start sharing data about them.

The majority of Indian black money is now parked in other countries.

Now that is indeed surprising.

It seems that Pakistani elites are not very intelligent.

The Indians have been moving money from Switzerland for the last 2 years dramatically once it became clear that Swiss authorities will start sharing data about them.

The majority of Indian black money is now parked in other countries.

Excuse me Sir?

Can you think of any other elite who have it as good as our elite by fooling so many people for so long? They are among the smartest people in the whole world!

Damn! I'm up to my gills with the Swiss! :pissed: Guys, let's put on our rucksacks, get your licensed guns, raid those Swiss Banks preferably at night, grab whatever you can.....and then live happily ever after! :yay:

Excuse me Sir?

Can you think of any other elite who have it as good as our elite by fooling so many people for so long? They are among the smartest people in the whole world!

True that Sir.

I just thought of another way to think of this situation.

The Pakistani elites are so intelligent that they know that revelation of the amount of money and names associated with them in Swiss accounts would not affect their standing in Pakistani society. They have been intelligent enough to fix things at home directly.

Indian elites on the other hand, would have much to fear if the names and their wealth information got out to public domain in India. Thus they have been shifting their money dramatically. :P

True that Sir.

I just thought of another way to think of this situation.

The Pakistani elites are so intelligent that they know that revelation of the amount of money and names associated with them in Swiss accounts would not affect their standing in Pakistani society. They have been intelligent enough to fix things at home directly.

Indian elites on the other hand, would have much to fear if the names and their wealth information got out to public domain in India. Thus they have been shifting their money dramatically. :P

Now that is the correct conclusion, Sir.

Webby pays us through a secret wire in Dubai...in Dirhams, we are smart. :D

@WebMaster

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a one of criteria which I want not only Pakistan but whole world pitted against us.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom