What's new

Pakistan military hardware more than meets the eye

Does Pakistan have advanced military hardware and is not displaying it on purpose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For example, trained spy pigeons were discovered only when caught by BSF. So i wonder how many more surprises we got.
and few days ago i watched an indian media report that bsf has caught a trained camel with 24 kg of RDX n detonators crossing from pakistani side and camel was trained in jail break too according to that report.couldnt stop laughinf after watching that.

pakistan in it's wars has always learned something knew and has gotten better rather than in chaos and become underdeveloping(iraq,syria) for example our war in terror gave us UAV something we are producing at our own not many have this capability today and one of the beautiful things no one knew it was an ucav(kept in secrecy) until the operation in tirrah valley one of the TTP stronghold like this we also have produced our own aircrafts like mushaq(trainer) and now JF-17(multipurpose fighter) we are also very good in missile technology like babur(cruise missile) one of the greatest milestones we achieved recently in news poland was asking for tomahawk to arm there new submarines we have this capability already and we are one of the muslim nations who are producing high tech military equipment after turkey so we in many ways are getting much better and self reliant

Although Pakistan has lost a lot of lives in the past decade and many lost economic opportunities, one thing is for sure. Pakistan military has gained unprecedented experience in fighting asymmetrical warfare, neutralizing threats that appear inside the border but are emanating from outside the country & creating effective human intelligence network.

No army in the region can boast of this invaluable real combat experience. No doubt, after this war, Pakistan army has become stronger and more potent. We should just not look at what equipment Pakistan bought but how well we have been trained to fight terror and enemy induced war.

As far as the experience of fighting asymmetrical warfare is concerned, don't you agree India has much more experience of that? You know... the bleed-India-by-thousand-cuts policy practiced for far longer!

Our military is largely secretive. And if they have a reason to be quiet about something, they will be, unless a third party or supplier leaks information or leaks from within happen.

Both cases we've seen. The AMRAAMs were known and their sale approved but not much said about it by the PAF and certainly no easily visible proof, until some pictures were leaked, apparently taken by Lockheed guys and not PAF personnel. It seems even those pics have serial numbers edited out.

The leaks from other sources we've seen on this forum, most notably, the Chinese SAM story leaked here on the forum many years ago.

More than meets the eye, I'm sure that's the aim. But don't expect any massive shock and secret especially when the supplier is transparent and advertises this sort of thing. So for example, F-16 sales to Pakistan and related hardware, Lockheed has no reason to keep quiet (in fact they'd use to it advertise and make it part of their portfolio), the congressional approval and funding through CSF and other means is never kept quiet, hence the transparency is there to a large degree whether the PAF prefer it or not. But where the Jordanian purchase was concerned, not a peep, and then suddenly, out of nowhere, confirmed sale and rather quick delivery.

What difference it make?

Seemingly little, but entire battle plans and tactics are based upon certainties, especially in offensive doctrine. To keep the enemy guessing or to utterly surprise them, destroys their ability to make sound judgement, to act upon prior planning, it causes disorder and disarray.

The air campaign of 65' has some fine examples of this. On the surface it may not seem much, but some rather surprising results have been achieved by maintaining a certain level of secrecy, while hinting to the enemy that your capabilities might be a force to be reckoned with.

Don't forget the infamous ISI camel spy :lol:

But only india captures ISI spy camels named Musharraf :lol:

First I thought you were joking, now I think their entire count is nothing but full of jokers...this is a priceless piece and must be saved for future references. bus aik baat samjh ne aye, musharaf me kitny under tuk sir dalta tha thora aur daltey to shaheen missile bhi nazar aa jata jo garden ke paas chupaya tha

Back
Top Bottom