What's new

Pakistan may study other fighter options as US asks Pakistan to make full payment for F-16 purchase

I'm curious about something. Is this man threatening- if we the U.S taxpayers don't give Pakistan aid and pay over 50%(in some articles I read close to 65%),for this aircraft, Pakistan will go make more JF17s? "Don't give me free aid I will buy/manufacture another aircraft out my pocket". :blink:

He's basically saying that don't make an offer you can't fulfill.

Did the content of the Dawn article change or has the OP entered false info at the beginning of the article. Aziz I believe is saying that Pakistan will opt for other jets (i.e. look to China and Russia) if the US refuses to provide coalition aid to subsidize the F-16 purchase.

Pakistan will acquire jets from elsewhere if the United States (US) does not arrange funding for a previously agreed upon F-16 fighter jet sale, Sartaj Aziz, the prime minister's adviser on foreign affairs, cautioned the US as both countries lock horns over the purchase of the jets.

Personally dont see anything wrong with this at all. Blackmailing is the norm in international diplomacy. The Americans are the masters at it.

Then there is no problem. Pakistan can make its own JF-17s to serve its needs. Case closed.
the thunders are more short legged and for anti terror live, close in support will require external pods like sniper that can be acquired from western sources, point is it was more economical to get the f-16s

That is also true but in this election season you cannot give away 430 Million dollars
of Tax payers money WITHOUT a good cause
especially when there are SEVERAL problems in US economy

The US Senators have already said that Pakistan is NOT Helping USA

SO why should USA subsidize F 16 s for PAF

This 430 Million subsidy was public money ; Taxpayer money

US President needs a Good reason to spend it

Then why does the US administration waste time and energy by making the F-16 offer in the first place? Fully knowing that we aren't helping their cause...

why on earth should US taxpayers fund them ?

The American taxpayers do that for the Israelis too in case you didn't know... Billions and billions of American taxpayers money. I don't hear you question that... The Americans would fund the devil if it helps their cause.

I'm sure all are following these developments very closely, the irony is while we are moving away from American influence, India OTOH is sinking deeper into US lap.
and dont u think its good for us in a long run?:azn:

As the balance of power of the world is shifting in Asia, India will find a very difficult future in Asia itself since America not matter how powerful it is today, will not be as much tomorrow and is still in North America not Asia. While Pakistan is actually building its relations since Mushy era with more Asiatic Countries!

The World is slowly moving into regional politics while India isnt but Pakistan is. In future we will be in a much much better position diplomatically and strategically viz a viz India.

Regarding the US Indo nexus; One good thing is that Pakistan was a american vessel since its exception or since Ayub Khan times in ''On n Off'' basis. or how AVM Shahid Lateef puts it is tactical in nature ie is only based on need for the time being. But if u look at its relations with every country either NATO/EU, Saudia Arabia, Israel, Japan, Indonesia etc these days specially its all based on tactical need for the time being ie to contain rise of China/Russia nexus or in some cases only Chinese rise. Same way how its relations with Pakistan were, to basically contain n destroy USSR. India is no exception here.

However Indians do realize this and that is why r trying their best to get the TOT or only technology from American/ westerners. Thats why i said once to u how much it is needed for us to sabotage their industrial strength an economical rise.

But what Nixon once said famously abt ''being a Friend of America and not being Friend of it'' should not be forgotten while looking at the growing indo american nexus. If we didnt do it today America will do it herself in future.

After China, who u think net competitor will be against America in Global economy? And what America would do to counter it? Already we r seeing some signs of it since this Modi has came into power. At that time America will itself come running towards us and will beg for help n forgiveness.

The American taxpayers do that for the Israelis too in case you didn't know... Billions and billions of American taxpayers money. I don't hear you question that... The Americans would fund the devil if it helps their cause.
I think they probably view Israel a tad bit more favorably than Pakistan :p:

anyway, this sale is only blocked because of the funding, if PAF can pony up the monies, they'll happily sell you a hundred of em.

I think they probably view Israel a tad bit more favorably than Pakistan :p:

anyway, this sale is only blocked because of the funding, if PAF can pony up the monies, they'll happily sell you a hundred of em.

LOL The Americans and their habits of viewing countries favorably... Who the fvck even cares. Ever wondered who views the US favorably? No one takes the US seriously anymore. A declining power that has waged duplicitous wars and destroyed the world economy. Even Trumps the madman has gone on record to admit this. So much for being favorable.

We are glad that the sale won't go through.

First of all Rafale was just an example.

Secondly IAF doesn't formulate its procurement policies in isolation. They do it keeping, respective strength of rival air forces(PAF and PLAAF) in perspective.

Tomorrow PAF manages to increase its strength to 35 squadrons, IAF will be forced to increase its strength to 60 Squadrons.

In broader perspective, each and every acquisition PAF makes, IAF gets something better and in higher numbers.

So its better to prevent PAF from buying good fighter in the first place itself, than spending 2-3 times the amount countering it.
Fair enough and of course that is true. The current sanctioned strength of 42 SQNs by 2025 is based on the desire to protect India's airspace during a two front war based on current trends. Naturally the plans will evolve in time and it is presumed that the sanctioned strength will be 60 SQNs by 2030 in view of greater purchasing power and (more importantly) the growth of the threats faced from other nations.

However, there is no benchmarking done- whether 8 F-16s were ordered or not the IAF is still to pursue its sanctioned strength, if the 8 F-16s hadn't been ordered the IAF wouldn't stall its plans. Furthermore the IAF (and Indian mil as a whole) has long since thrown out using Pakistan as the number one (conventional) security concern of India's.

Last edited:
Indeed they have changed the headline to:

"
Pakistan will get jets from elsewhere if F-16 funding not arranged, Aziz cautions US
"

I personally welcome this. its either our way or highway. Americans need to be put in their place once and for all. They need to understand that perhaps their last remaining leverage over Pakistan, the F16s, is in doldrums, thanks to their silly shenanigans.
America doesn't need f16 to influence Pakistan. An American visa is more than enough for it.

Actually, that is true for India too - it will only be allowed to buy certain types of planes, with certain types of avionics, and only with certain types of weapons. Nothing new here for both Pakistan and India.

What you say is true, but the difference here is that India will have more choice than Pakistan in buying US hardware.

If PAF is so much obsessed with F16 then pay for it. Better to get money from USA I.e. hard cash in terms of FMF and pay Americans the shit they want. Else get J 16 yar. Please tell me how we have to pay extra money. I mean we are reimbursed money in return for services in war on terror. Americans are not paying money. Instead they are keeping money home and adjusted money to be paid in f16s and demanded 270 million dollars remaining for 8 f16s. WHAT HAVE I MISSED?

Lol,, so our diplomacy and foreign policy is down to what Sartaj Aziz "say's" now. Pathetic. the government have lost its spine, we dont even have a proper foreign minister to counter the Indian influence and lobby. They wont be much troubled with what Sartaj Aziz have to "say" now!!

Sometimes its not in the hands of governments. Didn't you know they have more billionaires than any country in the world and they are the only country in our region to have good relations with Jews ? How about admitting Military is running National Security and they are the ones responsible for allowing OBL to hide in Pakistan and its their Foreign Ministry which is responsible for making Dr. Shakleel Afridi centre of attention.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom