What's new

Pakistan May Speed AF Procurements Despite Economy

Oh... Okay then. Think a bit higher than 6000 watts then. Zhuk-MSFE PESA has a peak power of 8000 watts. If we take that as a standard then I guess the BARS variant IAF maybe flying with has a peak of 8000watts and an average of 2000 watts.

Yea.. thinking again 2000 watts seems to be a good estimate. Very reasonable as well. Scratch the 2500-3500 watts i mentioned about.

Bhaisaab yeh AusAirPower ki vaani hai, mera nahi! JF 17 only brownie point is low cost and great attrition aircraft meaning for making 1 su 30 mki = 10 jf 17. Think of it as Tiger 2 vs Sherman tank.

1. "high speed upto mach 2.0 atleast"
DSI alone will limit it a mach 1.6 like j20,f 35, j31

2. "wellmanaged use of avionics and less weight"
TWR wing loading still not satisfactory. Thus agility and stability affected like Mig 29 which bleeds energy like hell. Avionics not upto world standard.

3."50-50 if the altitude is neglected"
In close combat Gun 2 Gun Su 30MKI Win Probability.
In BVR Su 30MKI at long range due to missiles and radar range. Using RAM coatings you'll see su 30 MKI as 3ms^2 target that is JF 17 catches it as per radar coverage eqn at 75 km and for blk 2 radar ( doubtful if ever completed ) at 85 km. Su 30MKI sees JF 17 2.5ms^2 at 150km.

In short JF 17 is going to act as bogey till nukes attack us or UN intervenes.

1. Even this is 3-4 years old news
The former PAC official said :
JF-17 PT-04 Max speed :2.0 mach,basic
range:2000km+,weapon load: 3.9ton.
combat range (with 3 fuel tank ): 1300km
+
(old PT-01/PT-03 without DSI version :
Max speed:1.6 mach, basic
range:1800km, weapon load:3.6 ton).
your knowledge about JFT seems comming from PT-01
2. F-35 is unstable,F16 & F-20 Both are unstable(don't know about russian goodies) and the fighter jets and even airline jets are unstable in nature……
about agility you considered the AOA of JFT?? It is better than F-16 bro
and about avionics you even watched avionics of present in servise jets of PAF??
try them insyead of Chineese shown bloody PT-01 avionics……:lol:
yeah i agree they are not upto word standard bt they improved alot inclufing digital FBW &HMD etc soo you can guss what would it be in block 2……
3 you better get some knowledge on JFT its RCS is not announced officially but it is clear from some sources that is is just equal to that of F-16 C/D…
and please chk out my sign kindly those are for you……

+
2. F-35 is unstable,F16 & F-20 Both are unstable(don't know about russian goodies) and the fighter jets and even airline jets are unstable in nature……
and about avionics you even watched avionics of present in servise jets of PAF??
yeah i agree they are not upto word standard bt they improved alot inclufing digital FBW &HMD etc soo you can guss what would it be in block 2……
3 you better get some knowledge on JFT its RCS is not announced officially but it is clear from some sources that is is just equal to that of F-16 C/D…
Link for your claims? mach 2.0..? even the most mad fanboy wont claim that.

+

RCS around 2.5 due to TWR low. I have not seen JF17 performing a complete Vertical loop so AoA is farce. BTW DSI is :

The jet has fixed DSI intake as F-35, this limits the speed to mach 2. Mach 1.6 - 1.8 is more reasonable.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-thunder/71435-jf-17-thunder-information-pool-30.html
its from interview of PAC official……
and its PT-04 speed not JF-17s block.1 as it is based on PT-03…

http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-thunder/71435-jf-17-thunder-information-pool-30.html

RCS around 2.5 due to TWR low. I have not seen JF17 performing a complete Vertical loop so AoA is farce. BTW DSI is :

The jet has fixed DSI intake as F-35, this limits the speed to mach 2. Mach 1.6 - 1.8 is more reasonable.

well i don't know rather DSI was used in PT-04 or not well JFT blck 1 official speed is mach 1.8……

well i don't know rather DSI was used in PT-04 or not well JFT blck 1 official speed is mach 1.8……

See DSI limit. BTW BARS has 2 modes AWACS 400km and interceptor 160 - 180 km.

The increase in defense spending under Pakistan’s new defense budget is largely consumed by wages and the cost of anti-insurgency operations, analysts say, providing little real increase for the military

so its quite hard for AF to procure any new jets or keep itself on track for their 2025 AFDP

The defense budget does not usually include procurement. It mainly consists of wages and operational costs with increases fueled by ongoing counterinsurgency efforts

This is the problem with having a large, but less well equipped land army. Each soldier is less effective so you need a lot more and at the end of the day you end up paying all you have to just maintain it, forget getting new stuff. Add into that the enormous cost of strategic weapons and especially your nukes and thats a nice way to have a stagnant armed forces.

We have the same problem. As much as Turkey seems to be making progress, it really isn't that much. We have a similar problem with spending mostly on personnel and maintenance of hundreds of thousands of conscripts. They say Turkey covers 54% of its military needs domestically so all that means is that Turkey spends all its money on food and ammunition from Turkish companies. When's the last time Turkey procured anything major? I don't think they can even allocate money to buy F-35s to be honest.

Hopefully both of us cut our armies and make them more effective and highly trained. Atleast Pakistan's is volunteer based (Didn't know that before today and was surprised to see it. Just another backwards stupid thing in Turkey...)

Pakistan can only make these procurements with Saudi help if we can get money from Saudi Arabia and other middle eastern countries we can get 200 JF-17 and 100 J-10 B planes and I think nawaz would try to get it because IMF is suicide and we need money to turn around our economy and fulfil our defence needs

Just wow...

Yeah with a radar detection limit of 105km JF 17 will detect su 30 MKI @ 200 km.

Yeah whatever..... my remark was in reference to your observation about you not having seen JF-17 do a vertical loop.

Better concentrate on your studies kido, trolling on PDF would not get you good grades at school.

isn't J-10B procurement plan was stalled/rejected??also,only 150 JF-17s going to be inducted??thats not certainly enough to keep up strength when F-7 and mirages are going to be retired,as there is over 180 F-7 and over 150 Mirages are going to be retired soon.

You're thinking of the J-11B, which was rejected. The J-10B is still on the table, but may be delayed due to a) lack of mature high quality Chinese engines, unless Russia doesn't object to the AL-31 engines on the J-10B going to Pakistan, b) the lack of a strong economy may force Pakistan to cut the budget of the air force (which has already happened symbolically).

Back
Top Bottom