What's new

PAKISTAN MAY NEGOTIATE WITH UKRAINE FOR 100 OPLOT-M MAIN BATTLE TANKS

Compare both versions head on.
1: Oplot M
2: Oplot P

9e61aac856f064203339a5bbb652abae.jpg
T-84 Oplot-P_108 .png

Most obvious visual difference is add on armor in front of Turret, side armor on hull and lack of Varta APS in second unit.

I wonder what type of engine Oplot P will be using. Hopefully 6TD3 diesel engine with 1500 HP out put.

View attachment 406758 View attachment 406760

Most obvious visual difference is add on armor in front of Turret, side armor on hull and lack of Varta APS in second unit.

I wonder what type of engine Oplot P will be using. Hopefully 6TD3 diesel engine with 1500 HP out put.
can/will the electronics be Turkish?

View attachment 406758 View attachment 406760

Why varta APS is absent? Whither Pakistan will use other APS?

can/will the electronics be Turkish?
Turkish / French.
It's safe to assume that Aselsan will be actively involved in Oplot P / Al Haider project too as they are participating in AK2 project also. Aselsan C4ISR related products are promising. Who knows we go for similar electronic package for both Ak2 & AH for system commonality.

Akkor or Varta will not be coming however.

Why varta APS is absent? Whither Pakistan will use other APS?
APS/PPS tech is yet to mature.
In Pakistan threat environment where we intend to use our modern MBTs in tank vs tank combat, untested, expensive & unreliable systems have little role to play.
It's better to have better armor for better protection instead of installing soft kill / hard kill protection systems.

Turkish / French.
It's safe to assume that Aselsan will be actively involved in Oplot P / Al Haider project too as they are participating in AK2 project also. Aselsan C4ISR related products are promising. Who knows we go for similar electronic package for both Ak2 & AH for system commonality.

Akkor or Varta will not be coming however.

APS/PPS tech is yet to mature.
In Pakistan threat environment where we intend to use our modern MBTs in tank vs tank combat, untested, expensive & unreliable systems have little role to play.
It's better to have better armor for better protection instead of installing soft kill / hard kill protection systems.
but the entire world is moving towards APS systems and neither Akkor or Varta will be placed on the tanks? that is strange!

but the entire world is moving towards APS systems and neither Akkor or Varta will be placed on the tanks? that is strange!

Didn't Pakistan has been working on their own Domestic APS ? i remember i read it here on AK thread

That is news to me, all i know is possibly varta was going to be placed on the tank!

I was looking but i will again look to confirm , but its not confirmed that PA is working of domestic APS system ..
but lets say they are not for now, Turkish are already offering us help to integrate systems in to possible future AK-2 , but i wonder which APS system Ukraine is using in their own Oplot's ?

Altay is way to heavy thus difficult to transport

Altay (~65t) and AHT version (~70t) (Asymmetric Warfare Tank)
maxresdefault.jpg

In terms of transportation, Altay (63-65t) and Oplet-P (~51-55t) doesn't make much differences since Both tanks will be carried by military transportation truck having a trailer capacity of ~70t weight in additions to railway networks. I think It is terrain profile of countries designating the weight of tanks required. Turkey has both large flats in Central Anatolia region along with mountainous regions on North/South/East and West so Turkish Army requires heavy weight/protected 65t class tanks, ~70t class AHT more heavily protected tanks carrying advanced 360 degree surveillance sensor/self protection unit for urban warfare, along with 30-35t heavy armored IFV units to be able to fight next to mentioned heavy class tanks to benefit mobility issues/smaller caliber advantages of IFV's on rough/flat terrains. I think Pakistan will also update the requirements in accordance with power projection and needs of latest battlefield environment that lessons taken from latest Syria urban tank fights and ATGM effectiveness against classic tanks having no active protection systems/advanced heavy protection units. Otherwise, A few terrorist with a comparatively cheap ATGM in their hands will keep wasting million $ tanks operated by 3-4 crew inside so It is protection level which should be considered vital to survive/surpass instead of transporting issues. Almost all latest generation tanks are being unveiled with their heavier weight than older generations. It is because of the developments on latest armor technology doesn't catch developments/penetration capabilities of warhead technology so Engineers sacrifice the mobility issues to protect the tank and crew. Until Hard-kill systems mature enough to reach a proper/superior reaction time to hunt the fastest anti-tank missiles fired from very close ranges, The countries would drive heavier monsters on field.

Leopard-2 Urban version (~70t)
Leo-2-PSO.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom