What's new

Pakistan, ISI "biggest threat" to India & Bangladesh : Bangladesh diplomat

jung41

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Adviser to Bangladesh's Prime Minister on International Crimes, Wali-ur Rahman, today said Pakistan is an epicentre of terrorism and not only India, but his country has also been a victim of its terror activities.
"Pakistan and ISI have been the biggest threat to us as they keep sending their operatives to India and Bangladesh... ISI is still an epicentre of terror...Not only in these two countries, but they also dispatch their operatives to Nepal, Maldives, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan and all over the SAARC countries," Rahman told PTI, on the sidelines of two-day,Megacity Security Conference ; that began here today.
"They are a destabilising force. They tried to destabilise us too, but failed. They set up 101 training camps on our soil to train Indians to fight against Indians. But we pushed them back with the active support of India. We cannot think that Pakistan should use our land for anti-India activities," Rahman, a former Secretary in Bangladesh's Ministry of Foreign Affairs, said.
The conference is being attended by policy makers, law enforcement officials, security experts and leading thinkers representing eight different countries. They will share first- hand experience about dealing with security policy in some of world's megacities such as Mumbai, New York, Istanbul, Chicago, Manila, Dhaka, Nairobi and Mexico.
Terming India a friend in true sense, Rahman, an expert on national security and counter-terrorism, said, "Bengalis are very emotional people. Every Bengali is with us, except two political outfits Jamaat-e-Islami and Bangladesh Nationalist Party, who supported ISI in our country."
"But when Sheikh Hasina took over as the Prime Minister of the country in 1996, she got rid of ISI and sent me to Delhi to meet the then Home Secretary Padmanabhan. I followed his advice, made a list of ISI training centres and successfully eliminated them," Rahman said, adding, there may be a few ISI elements active in the country as of now.
Pointing to the helplessness of Pakistan government, Rahman said, "The main plotter of Mumbai attacks is walking freely and we can easily think what kind of position Nawaz Sharif has as Prime Minister there.

Defence News, Pakistan, ISI "biggest threat" to India & Bangladesh : Bangladesh diplomat

ok india but BD ? isi have no free time to play kids like bd :rofl: haseena alone is enough to start civil war in BD

Bhai,unless you know,most FICNs are smuggled through Bangladesh route and Bangladesh is facing immense pressure to stop this activities.Till only few years ago,it was the safest route for terrorists to infiltrate India as well,though last few years,this situation improved.

as much as i know ISI's main concern right now is Afghanistan ...... they may be called a threat to india but Bangladesh are you serious i dont think pakistan has any interests there as of now ....... it is just pakistan phobia it will be like saying ISI is responsible for communication lost with Mangalyaan (if it ever happened)

Is it a coincidence that as soon as the Jamaat-e-Islami and the BNP lost power, the ISI were hounded out of their holes in BD?
really wants to know the holes they were in ..... was it there holes or yours ? because i dont think pakistan has any interest in bangladesh right now . and have ISI had any history in BAngladesh ..... if yes than plz highlight for me i may have missed it

really wants to know the holes they were in ..... was it there holes or yours ? because i dont think pakistan has any interest in bangladesh right now . and have ISI had any history in BAngladesh ..... if yes than plz highlight for me i may have missed it
You asked for it, so here it is....Straight from the horse's mouth - none other than your own ex ISI chief, General Assad Durrani.

Former ISI chief Asad Durrani, during a hearing by the Supreme Court of Pakistan, admitted that the ISI funded Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) during the 1991 Bangladeshi general election. The ISI has been allegedly active in Bangladesh whenever the BNP has ruled the country. It has been also alleged of using Bangladesh to logistically and financially support insurgent groups of Northeast India. Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorist Zabiuddin Ansari revealed that Yasin Bhatkal, chief of Indian Mujahideen, is going undercover in Bangladesh with ISI's help.

He also said that Pakistani diplomatic staff of Bangladesh provided him fake documents like passport. Bangladeshi Home Minister Saharah Khatun said,"Sometimes you find that Pakistan ISI and terrorists operating in this country. Law enforcement agencies have arrested Pak ISI terrorists. It is true that they are there in the country. All the SAARC countries should work together to fight against this menace."

User:Vibhijain/Inter-Services Intelligence activities in Bangladesh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back
Top Bottom