What's new

Pakistan is Looking to Import Long-range Surface-to-air Missiles From China

If I may ask here, any news regard to the PCL-181 howitzer sales to Pak? Cheers.

it will strengthen our defence and also Pakistan needs to ask russia that if they want a very cordial relations with Pakistan then they have to stop delivery of s400 to india

Pakistan is also aiming to improve its very short-range air defense (VSHORAD) capabilities, as it has recently procured 200 QW-18-man portable air defense (MANPAD) launchers from China. Inside sources say that the country will now indigenously manufacture QW-18.
Lols...Past 30 years we are producing our own version of QW-18 (ANZA) missiles even exporting it but writer must be high on weed so he ignored such big facts.

it will strengthen our defence and also Pakistan needs to ask russia that if they want a very cordial relations with Pakistan then they have to stop delivery of s400 to india
They will reject. It is Pakistan who wants to have better relations with Russia, even JF-17 has Russian engine after all. It is not other way around. India has much more money.

Get different systems.try bavar as well.iran is doing great in this field.we need a complete network of Sams in our country.india will think thousand times before sending it's jets in our country.we can't put extra pressure on paf fighter jets.they can't intercept everytime.get better Sams,long range sams.
It would be a diffucult move because of US embargo... Iran is under total embargo after all.

Turkey is making its own BVR/ADF system. Might be a good time to chime in. @Quwa
Turkey is the best option if you are looking for Technology transfer. Specially for Siper. Chinese systems are quite good but tech transfer is only a dream.

We really need nuke subs and J20s to maintain balance with India.

buying nuke capable submarine? in that regard you have 2 options Turkey and Iran if you buy from Turkey then well you have to wait alot for them to get there and build one but probably with no sanctions in other hand you have Iran which dose not give a damn to any international arms seal law's like the ones that secretly say Pakistan shall never have a nuke submarine and you get to have one in the near future as Iran is already there to build sub that is capable of launching ballistic missiles and cruise missiles and with a range from 10,000 KM _ 18,000 KM range

What Pakistan must put as immediate requirement is a counter for supersonic CMs as well as ABM systems.

This one can not counter either of the two.

Looks like Pak isn’t taking any chances!!! Pak better hurries up for India is gonna implode much sooner than our expectation...
I thought this India imploding from inside narrative is specific to Pakistan. I do not know that there are taker of this narrative outside Pakistan as well.

They will reject. It is Pakistan who wants to have better relations with Russia, even JF-17 has Russian engine after all. It is not other way around. India has much more money.

It would be a diffucult move because of US embargo... Iran is under total embargo after all.

Turkey is the best option if you are looking for Technology transfer. Specially for Siper. Chinese systems are quite good but tech transfer is only a dream.

well Iran will come out of UN arms embargo in 2020 even by then Siper will not be ready and it loses against Bavar in range and ABM capabilities and Iran already said they have a more a more powerful version so it will be more logical for Iran to sell it as its not the top of the line system in there inventory but Siper will be top of the line system which its capabilities could stay national secret for many years sooo you see there is some set backs in buying Siper system too and again you are right buying from Iran will have its problems too.

well Iran will come out of UN arms embargo in 2020 even by then Siper will not be ready and it loses against Bavar in range and ABM capabilities and Iran already said they have a more a more powerful version so it will be more logical for Iran to sell it as its not the top of the line system in there inventory but Siper will be top of the line system which its capabilities could stay national secret for many years sooo you see there is some set backs in buying Siper system too and again you are right buying from Iran will have its problems too.
UN Embargo, maybe yes. But US will not show mercy even after 2020. I am not trying to discredit Iranian weapons, I specially respect your air defence capacity but now you are enemy number one for US. You know what kind of mess they created just because of S-400. It will be much worse for Iranian systems. Hell even civillian trade is dangerous, don't you know Halkbank?
Turkish army has high requirements for every Turkish systems. I cannot know what kind of system Siper will be and range is not the only important part... But I know ASELSAN and ROKETSAN will push their limits. So in the end tests will show us the results.
Note, What I mean with ''range is not the only important thing'' is just a little example, this is Bavar 373.
Creates a massive smoke as you can see (1.05). Mostly because of rocket motor... It is a weakness in battlefield and enemy can detect and target it much more easily because of this.

And here is the Patriot.
Look at to smoke... (after 0.45)
Again, I respect Iran's air defence systems but NATO standards has it's own value for a reason.

You can look at to smoke of S400 too. Russians are the best in air defence systems after all.

Last edited:
UN Embargo, maybe yes. But US will not show mercy even after 2020. I am not trying to discredit Iranian weapons, I specially respect your air defence capacity but now you are enemy number one for US. You know what kind of mess they created just because of S-400. It will be much worse for Iranian systems. Hell even civillian trade is dangerous, don't you know Halkbank?
Turkish army has high requirements for every Turkish systems. I cannot know what kind of system Siper will be and range is not the only important part... But I know ASELSAN and ROKETSAN will push their limits. So in the end tests will show us the results.
Note, What I mean with ''range is not the only important thing'' is just a little example, this is Bavar 373.
Creates a massive smoke as you can see (1.05). Mostly because of rocket motor... It is a weakness in battlefield and enemy might target it much more easily because of this.

And here is the Patriot.
Look at to smoke...
Again, I respect Iran's air defence systems but NATO standards has it's own value for a reason.

i have at most respect for Turkish systems too and well agreed we just can analyse from the numbers we have been given to but still they matter never the least, the smoke is from solid fuel it's like that every were in the world actually i was asking the same thing in Turkish forms how is come your missiles burn so clean??? the only fuel that could burn so clean is liquid fuel as you mentioned even US made missiles leave a smoke trail basically if its solid fuel its going to leave smokes be it Iran or Russia or China, yes but when Trump is gone no one can tell most likely next president will be in favor of dealing with Iran but as i said before if PK deals with Turkey they will go around the sanctions but if they deal with Iran they will get more powerful system and in shorter pride of times but they may have to deal with some threats of sanctions

i have at most respect for Turkish systems too and well agreed we just can analyse from the numbers we have been given to but still they matter never the least, the smoke is from solid fuel it's like that every were in the world actually i was asking the same thing in Turkish forms how is come your missiles burn so clean??? the only fuel that could burn so clean is liquid fuel as you mentioned even US made missiles leave a smoke trail basically if its solid fuel its going to leave smokes be it Iran or Russia or China, yes but when Trump is gone no one can tell most likely next president will be in favor of dealing with Iran but as i said before if PK deals with Turkey they will go around the sanctions but if they deal with Iran they will get more powerful system and in shorter pride of times but they may have to deal with some threats of sanctions
US blocked our purchase of ATAK-129s. So even if Pak-Iran deal goes through US will definitely cause problems. It will be killing two birds with one stone.

I don't have enough technical information about rocket motors but I read in several sources that Iran's rocket motors ''are inferior against Russian and American rocket motors in quality and Iranian rocket motors creates more and darker / thicker smoke'' Might be just propaganda but normally Iran chooses Quantity - Cheaper price over qualty so it is not a bad thing. It is just a doctrine.
For Turkey. Yes Hisar-A creates very clean smoke, I hope we will continue this until Siper but still it is hard to tell after all Siper is not ready yet. But when you think in our doctrine we produce the best product we can produce, even if it is much more expensive, I really believe Siper will be one of its kind. Anyway, time will tell.
I agree we don't know what will happen after Trump. But I still believe it will take more time...

Back
Top Bottom