What's new

Pakistan is Learning the Wrong Lesson: Tactical Nuclear Weapons in South Asia

Whats use of tactical nukes ?
If you use it then it will be a green signal to nuclear missiles of India ..
It will work against pakistan intrest in a war if used , it will be a burden on economy if kept safe ..either way its not giving any advantage in nuclear warfare

Coming from the mouth of an analyst is a bit strange...especially when events happened right in front of us...Kargil was a limited attack conducted by Pak military and India responded however in a limited fashion...This is perhaps what indians are saying...plz clarify if i misunderstood you...

Nothing strange coming from my mouth , perhaps its you who misunderstood or refuses to agree like your other indian friends there is no longer anything called a limited war specially between our two countries. There will be a all out war just hope not for it wont be fun .

when country's survival at stake then all bet are off, doesnt matter what is your policy or our policy...Pakistani or any other country will not use nuke just for the fun of it, when one country decides to use it that country knows it a suicide mission and they are willing to commit suicide...dont bring papers and say look what you said about the first use policy
Then why do you think your country is piling up tac-nukes??

MAD. How else do you maintain stability.
displayimage.php

because we know we are dealing with a lunatic enemy
Yes the one who never provokes you for a war, who wants you to accept LOC into IB without being ambitious about the other half of kashmir, the one who retaliates only when pushed to the wall, the one who prays for the victims in terror attacks in an enemy state, the one who has a no-first use policy for nukes...... LUNATIC at its best!!!

tell me about it!!!

Give me a better excuse...

Yes the one who never provokes you for a war, who wants you to accept LOC into IB without being ambitious about the other half of kashmir, the one who retaliates only when pushed to the wall, the one who prays for the victims in terror attacks in an enemy state, the one who has a no-first use policy for nukes...... LUNATIC at its best!!!

tell me about it!!!

Give me a better excuse...

the one who committed the biggest terrorism in 71, the one who is still doing terror activities in Baluchistan and KPK. we wont trust that enemy even if our lives depend on it.

the one who committed the biggest terrorism in 71, the one who is still doing terror activities in Baluchistan and KPK. we wont trust that enemy even if our lives depend on it.
And the blame game begins....................without actually giving me one good reason as to why tac-nukes 're being piled up by our neighboring country?

And the blame game begins....................without actually giving me one good reason as to why tac-nukes 're being piled up by our neighboring country?

i gave you the answer, 71!!!!
there will be no more 71, or there will be clouds
but i dont know what answer you are looking for

Nuclear weapons have brought relative peace to South Asia as they did to Europe during the Cold War.

India's nuclear doctrine is very clear, any attack on India or Indian assets using a WMD will result in a very sharp and massive retaliation. So better Pakistan does a massive nuclear strike instead of a small one because the result of the is well known
Quit day dreaming and accept the reality
Pakistans nuclear technology is far more advanced then indian and 90% of our nukes are ballistic ...[/QUOTE]

Conspiracy theories. I too can make so many accusations regarding Indian meddling in Pakistan. So, let's not get into accusations and conspiracy theories.

That's exactly was the message...Conspiracy theories should be thrown in dustbin and people on both sides need to do it..

Nothing strange coming from my mouth , perhaps its you who misunderstood or refuses to agree like your other indian friends there is no longer anything called a limited war specially between our two countries. There will be a all out war just hope not for it wont be fun

Well then perhaps you need to help us with a bit more explanation...Why is there no room for a limited war b/w us because even during kargil we both had nukes...if a limited number of nukes can keep the theater small then how come hundreds of them can't?? What has changed b/w then and now?? I am not sure if i am refusing something here..in fact i am looking forward for some logical reasoning from you...

We need to develop a warhead not nuclear still equally destructive.
Perhaps. Tac-nukes seem a bit tricky considering they're freaking nuclear.

I've heard the GBU-43/B nicknamed the Mother of All Bombs is a "large-yield conventional (non-nuclear) bomb." Maybe a missile version can be useful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"India’s nuclear doctrine envisions massive counter value retaliation against the use of tactical nuclear weapons.

The label on a nuclear weapon used for attacking India, strategic or tactical is irrelevant from the Indian perspective.
"

This doesn't even make any sense. The only reason tactical nuke would be used is in self-defense and when certain forces can't be stopped with regular force.

"Massive retaliation?" For what? Self-defense? It seems like it's saying, "oh, we're going to attack you but don't try to stop us with tac-nukes, just use ordinary troopzzzzz, ok? tHaKZZZZZ :-)"

When you're being attacked you're going to use everything at your disposal. Pretty sure armies can differentiate between strategic and tactical nukes. These weapons would only be used in a defensive role--if India attacks and a couple of their armored columns get incinerated by Pak tac-nukes they would know about it. They'll know we're using tac-nukes so why would they want to launch strategic nukes? These launching will only result in Pak strategic nukes launching as well....you'll all be going to hell!

When you think about it tac-nukes are great force multipliers, no? A whole division can be wiped out with a single missile.

The "rogue launch" talk isn't very convincing. Like Paksanity said there is a whole "Strategic Forces Command Structure."

Here's an example, when the Soviet Union broke up many mobile nuclear launchers were located in former Soviet Union countries. These countries had physical access to them but nothing else. They didn't have the nuclear command nor the Permissive Action Links which are the security devices which would have to be armed. Nor the satellite links.

Then why do you think your country is piling up tac-nukes??

To lower the threshold of nuclear war.

The point of Nasr tactical nukes, is to make the point that a conventional skirmish (Cold Start for example) would eventually lead to a full scale nuclear war.

Since the use of tactical nukes (or any nukes at all) is the most guaranteed way to achieve full escalation. All sides know this.

It is a form of deterrence, and it is a very high risk strategy.

But will India dare to implement implement Cold Start, if it would lead to a nuclear war? If not, deterrence has been achieved.

Back
Top Bottom