What's new

Pakistan indigious frigate,destroyer,submarine?

You know Turkey has many naval defence programs now a days and It is also stated many times in international safe source that Pakistan-Turkey will produce naval assets jointly. Some source told that Pakistan is interested in Milgem corvettes, Others have pointed that Pakistan will be a partner of TF-2000 AAW program but We did not see any official decleration until now unfortunately.

Finally in 2010, Aselsan has officially released an official information about a Pakistani naval program. It was called "Pakistan Domestic Corvette" in Aselsan magazine. According to this official magazine, Aselsan is working on development for a Command-Control Center based on Genesis and Amiscos technologies for Pakistan.

I think Pakistan will take Milgem technology to develop own domestic corvettes as well.

Hope to see a cooperation for TF-2000 program as well...

Yess its good if pak-turkey Jointly develop somethign
the investment cost half and also the product is more good because of two countries equally sharing..
hope pakistan is also involved in TF-2000 program..it wll boost the program and will hav the frigate soon

The TF2000's design isn't finished yet.

Considering (I believe so anyway) it is Turkeys first indigenous ship, it will take 2016-17 for the ship to be in for sea trials. Since there are 4 + 2possible, I wouldn't expect Pakistan to get their hands on one until 2025+ by the time of which, India will probably have designed and inducted new ships which aren't even on the drawing board yet.

If anyone wants to dispute the dates, go ahead.

I think it will take even more time. The frigate is not just any frigate. It is supposed to be a high tech powerful frigate with energy weapons onboard. Energy weapons means kinetic or laser weapons. That would be something new to frigates and lets see how Turkey comes up with these weapons.

Also the plan has just been approved in 2009. It doesn't exist even on paper at the moment. Needs 5 years of planning and designs. 5 years for building. 1-2 years for trials, tests and induction.

Considering (I believe so anyway) it is Turkeys first indigenous ship, it will take 2016-17 for the ship to be in for sea trials. Since there are 4 + 2possible, I wouldn't expect Pakistan to get their hands on one until 2025+ by the time of which, India will probably have designed and inducted new ships which aren't even on the drawing board yet.

Wat r ya talkin about?
Have u forgotten Milgem corvettes.avionics for U 214s,fast attack boats?etc
And the turks will induct the baby till 2019 oe near the same time period...and if we go and as we sure will...we will be building them in Pakistan under TOT tht would save us time as well as reduce burden for other orders on turkey.
Thanks........About india yeah right.
Do u know the time taken to develop arjunk?LCA?shivlik etc?
If u dont try googlin the stuff.
Ud be disapointed.

Last edited:
I think it will take even more time. The frigate is not just any frigate. It is supposed to be a high tech powerful frigate with energy weapons onboard. Energy weapons means kinetic or laser weapons. That would be something new to frigates and lets see how Turkey comes up with these weapons.

Also the plan has just been approved in 2009. It doesn't exist even on paper at the moment. Needs 5 years of planning and designs. 5 years for building. 1-2 years for trials, tests and induction.

Energy/kinetic weapons?

Yeah let's not be setting dates now ;)

If Pak join the program then i am sure it will boost its development

and also i heard that pak is indigiously developing its own larger version of f-22P frigate in future..the 4th frigate will be indigious developed in Pak..

If Pak join the program then i am sure it will boost its development

and also i heard that pak is indigiously developing its own larger version of f-22P frigate in future..the 4th frigate will be indigious developed in Pak..

How so?

Turkey has extensive ship building experience, Pakistan has none.

The 4th frigate will be assembled in a Pakistani shipyard, not developed there.

Linky to the 1st claim please =]

What is going on here?
The TF-2000 which is classes by turkey as frigates some other countries classed it as destroyers and some as warships.
it will be launched at 2015-2017 or so.
It will use energy weapons indeed.
it has stealth and it uses turkish rocketsan missiles which are greater then harpoon missiles.
turkey also going to get other missiles from other country(usa i think) which are also greater then harpoon.

Turkey first indigenous ship?
are you kidding me?
turkish navy is one of the oldest navies all time.
Look at our fast attack boats..
our mineships.. milgem .. and now TF-2000..

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

The TF-2000 will be no doubt best frigates!!
Many countries already asked for the TF-2000 and Milgem corvettes.

How so?

Turkey has extensive ship building experience, Pakistan has none.

The 4th frigate will be assembled in a Pakistani shipyard, not developed there.

Linky to the 1st claim please =]

ME only heard it in some forums..
also your zeenews reported that pak will develop 4th f-22p indigious..it will help us in self reliance and in indigious programs
am sure after the 4 f-22P induction we will JV with otehr country or will develop our own frigate/subs..

I think Pakistan should stop for those indigenous ship.
and build up technologies and expriences.. like turkey did.
andturkey is now developing and producing more then 60% of its arsenal.
Turkey is trying to get all the techs.
an example a possible 100% produce lincense for typhoons.
Pakistan should do that too.

About TF-2000;

It will be the first ship Turkish defence industry would have designed as a destroyer-frigate class. We have developed various type of warships from corvettes to FAC's, LCT, LPD in past. Many of them are on production phase.

Anybody do not know whether TF-2000 will have a kynetic energy weapons on board. It was only a RfI to take offers from abroad to check the availibility of this study.

Design phase of TF-2000 has been started in 2008-09 and It is expected to see the first 3D design images of this warship in 2010 as officials stated in 2009. According to roadway, First TF-2000 Frigate-Destroyer will be operational until 2018. It means that Construction of 1st TF-2000 will be finished until 2016-17.

Aselsan-Tubitak-ODTU and Meteksan (ATOM) team and SSM have signed an agreement to develop a Phased Array Radar for TF-2000 Destroyers. According to this program, First APAR radar will be ready in 2016.
Untitled-2-11.jpg

and Turkish shipyards have started preparing to construct TF-2000 warship from now. The Istanbul shipyard (The producer of Milgem) are producing 2nd Milgem now a days and That's the latest corvette Istanbul shipyard will produce because 3th warship I. Shipyard will produce will be First TF-20000 warship. 3th Milgem will be produced by a private shipyard such as Dearsan, RMK marine or Adik Alyans...

An image from Istanbul Shipyard
milgem-defenceturkcom.jpg

-Turkish Indigenous Anti-Shipping missiles called Atmaca are on development phase now a days.
-Turkish Heavy Weight Torpedos called Akya will pass the serial production phase in a short time.
-Turkish Low (2014-15) and Medium Altitude(2018) vertical launch air defence missiles (Naval) will be operational in the dates typed above.

Last edited:
ME only heard it in some forums..
also your zeenews reported that pak will develop 4th f-22p indigious..it will help us in self reliance and in indigious programs
am sure after the 4 f-22P induction we will JV with otehr country or will develop our own frigate/subs..

PNS saif is under construction, and is about to be ready.

And the fourth one will surely be indigenous one.

I think Pakistan should stop for those indigenous ship.
and build up technologies and expriences.. like turkey did.

why?

The fourth one will be build after getting the technological experience.ToT is the theme.

Same goes with the JF-17.

Although it will take some time to develop engine,avionics etc.But it's a way how one should begin.

:pakistan:

As this is first high tech ship for Turkey it will take lot of time. BTW what is the unit cost of TF-2000?

Back
Top Bottom