What's new

Pakistan inches towards its first imaging satellite

Good achievement :tup: and best of luck.

I dont understand why pakistan choose to ignore its space agency in terms of funding and infrastructure.

can anybody post the timeline of SUPARCO's achievements.

yes, the RSS project is going at right planned pace and we expect a launch somewhere in 2014:

China to help Pakistan install Rs 19.695b Remote Sensing Satellite
Islamabad—China is now all set to help establish Pakistan Remote Sensing Satellite (PRSS) in Islamabad , Karachi , Lahore and Rawalpindi after playing pivotal role in launching Pakistan satellite-1R on August 12, 2011.

Pakistan satellite-1R has been operating satisfactorily since August 12, 2011. However, the cost of project of Pakistan Remote Sensing Satellite (PRSS), that is to be installed in four cities, has been worked out at Rs 19.695 billion with local component of Rs 3.560 billion and foreign exchange component of Rs 16.617 billion, a senior official told Pakistan Observer.

This is part of National Satellite Development Program and, the official told, will help in capacity building for space technology and its application in Pakistan , institutional capacity building of SUPARCO (Pakistan Space & Upper Atmosphere Research Commission) and relevant organization along with promotions of R &D activities in the design and development of space technology and applications. Remote Sensing Satellite, in addition to important strategic applications, has wide applications in civilian sector such as disaster and land management, crop monitoring and pest control.

“For the said project, Chinese will also provide the concessional loans.”

To a question the official told that China Great Wall Industry Corporation (CGWIC) has informed that Chinese side is now ready to go ahead with Pakistan ’s first remote sensing satellite.

The official also informed that Chinese side has further indicated that due to heavy commitments of various organizations under China national space administration for Chinese domestic space program, it is highly desirable to speed up the process from Pakistan side to avoid delays during execution stage.

the remote sensing satelliate project is being discussed at:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...-remote-sensing-satellite-system-prsss-2.html

The PAKSAT which was launched last year was build by China Great Wall Industry Corporation. so how can one expect some one who cant even build a communication satellite to build a RSSS satellite.

then what is it doing in suparco??

paksat1r-proto-07.jpg

PakSat-1R

that would be enough i think
for more precise check the last lines
The launch of PakSat-1R is the first communications satellite exported by China aerospace to world customers in 2011

i have not seen a more dumb and idiot member, export here meant, to send satellite into space.. pakistan was first asian country whose satellite china sent to space

It is the first time for China aerospace industry to export a communications satellite to an Asian customer on an in-orbit delivery basis.

read the full sentence will you??

loll pakistan cant build a gps, its just an imaging satellite.

Why are you so scared. You can't make anything yourself the only thing you Indians are good at are buying the whole old technology from Russia & paint it in Indian colors & after a failed test, like always smile & say ammmmm well..... Keep buying & don't make anything yourself.

What do you know about Pakistan. You know nothing. Pakistan is progressing don't cry more cool high tech stuff is on it's way.

loll pakistan cant build a gps, its just an imaging satellite.

Please try to improve your quality of post. You seem to have good potential of posting constructively in this forum but i dont know why you are not trying....

PakSat-1R

that would be enough i think
for more precise check the last lines
The launch of PakSat-1R is the first communications satellite exported by China aerospace to world customers in 2011

Pakistan is new to satellite technology as compared to other nations... Thats the reason that a group of Pakistani scientists was present in China the whole time when PAKSAT 1R was being manufactured as far i know. Or was it manufactured in Pakistan......????

From Suparco Website.

After successful launching and operation of BADR series of experimental satellites (BADR-1 and BADR-B) in the 1990s and early 2000s, SUPARCO now plans to launch high resolution remote sensing satellite system (RSSS) to meet the national and international user requirements in the field of satellite imagery.

A feasibility and system definition study was concluded in January 2007 which recommended the launch of a constellation of Optical and Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) Satellites to ensure that the domestic and international user requirements are competitively met. In this respect the RFP for RSSS consultancy services was launched in July 2007. Launch of RFP for the manufacturing of the satellite is planned in the third quarter of year 2008.

RSSS is planned to be a progressive and sustainable program. Initially, SUPARCO plans to launch an optical satellite with payload of 2.5 meter PAN in 700 km sun-synchronous orbit by the end of year 2011, which will be followed by a series of optical and SAR satellites in future. Necessary infrastructure for ground control and image reception and processing is also planned to be setup.

Did I miss something from the article in tribune that everyone is in congratulatory mode :unsure:!! It says SUPARCO will "ask the govt. for funding". ONCE THEY GET FUNDING, they will start the process of building/ acquiring the technology. Atleast let them get the necessary funding before congratulating :disagree:! I wish SUPARCO all the best with its programs but congratulating them is premature at this point.

Complete Satellite Export PakSat-1R Program

On October 15, 2008, in Beijing, the Pakistan Space & Upper Atmosphere Research Commission (SUPARCO) and China Great Wall Industry Corp. (CGWIC) signed a contract for the PakSat-1R satellite.

China will be responsible for the design, manufacture, integration, test, launch and in-orbit delivery of the satellite for SUPARCO, as well as related ground facilities. PakSat-1R is scheduled to be launched in the middle of 2011 and delivered to the customer.The PakSat-1R contract is the thrd communications satellite contract signed by China's space industry with international customers. It is also China's first satellite in-orbit delivery contract signed with an Asian customer.

China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation

--------------------

Be that as it may, we give our good wishes to Pakistan.

then what is it doing in suparco??

paksat1r-proto-07.jpg

i have not seen a more dumb and idiot member, export here meant, to send satellite into space.. pakistan was first asian country whose satellite china sent to space

read the full sentence will you??

i think u are a bit week with ur English the in orbital launch is about 3 other launches the china is going to do in 2011....
The satellite was made in china

No need to create false speculations Hindi. You Indians buy old Technology from Russia & paint it in Indian colors, this is the only thing you are good at.

i am not creating any false speculations. i gave the source and it is from the company website who built the satellite

Complete Satellite Export PakSat-1R Program

China will be responsible for the design, manufacture, integration, test, launch and in-orbit delivery of the satellite for SUPARCO, as well as related ground facilities. PakSat-1R is scheduled to be launched in the middle of 2011 and delivered to the customer.The PakSat-1R contract is the thrd communications satellite contract signed by China's space industry with international customers. It is also China's first satellite in-orbit delivery contract signed with an Asian customer.

China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation.
Design,manufacture,integration,test and launch by china????!!!wtf is SUPARCO's role then..?

Back
Top Bottom