What's new

Pakistan in talks for 4 Ada Class Corvettes, T-129 Helicopters & modernization of agosta fleet

I am hoping with 8 F-22 P we can after few years have 8 ADA Class Corvette and than focus on Frigates with VLS tubes which can launch long range cruise Missiles like upcoming Istanbul Class Frigates and than Destroyers like Type 52 D or upcoming Type 55.

I think these are just preliminary discussions. negotiations if things move forward would take up to 2 years. US approval for the T129 engine would also be required. this is going to be expensive, costing more than similar Chinese systems. where will the money come from.

on the other hand expanding Pakistan's supplier base is a move in the right direction.
Maybe we're expecting large orders for JF-17. Maybe that's where the money's coming from? :P

What is up with this business? Are we buying every attack helicopter there is in the world? Z-10, AH-1Z, Mi-35, T-129? And now two kinds of frigates F-22 and ADA?
i think pakistan want to get all these platforms for its own helicopter project ,i think all plus pint pakistan get from these platform and insert in 1 helicopter

For the past 10 years, Turkey and Pakistan have built a steady foundation for extensive cooperation in a number of different areas related to defence and security. Not only have the two sides exchanged goods, but they have regularly trained with another in exercises (e.g. Anatolian Eagle and Indus Viper)

there are tons of things in which Pakistan can utilize the turksih experience but lots of things turkey cant offer us simply even if they want, its may be because they are under license and the third party may not let them to pass the technology to pakistan but ...yes still ... they can be very helpfull in many many fields since they are in well exposure with the development of the west and we can utilize their expertise in upgrading existing facilities, such as Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT), Karachi Engineering & Shipyards Works (KSEW), Air Weapons Complex (AWC), etc

but most of all we should convert our relations in to trade and figures should speak out lout because currently we have a trade of 1 Billion $, Pakistan should give some incentive to turk investors and suppliers and same things could be offered by the turks. only a solid trade relation could be transformed in to a meaningful alliance.

There is significant Turkish invesment already happening in Punjab province. It is visible in the form of metro bus system, waste management of Lahore is outsourced to 2 Turkish companies, Albayrak taxi services. Now the water supply and management (WASA) is also being outsourced to a Turkish company , this is what I heard last time.

Back
Top Bottom