What's new

Pakistan hopes to revive its naval modernization program

I know money is a key issue, but buying the F22 frigate seems like a complete waste of time, the 054 is more potent, the current F-22frigates can only fire the C802 anti shipe missile which is subsonic and can be shotdown easily. the bagladesh navy acquire the 054 and its more potent then the chai walala F22.

I know money is a key issue, but buying the F22 frigate seems like a complete waste of time, the 054 is more potent, the current F-22frigates can only fire the C802 anti shipe missile which is subsonic and can be shotdown easily. the bagladesh navy acquire the 054 and its more potent then the chai walala F22.

Hi,

I would rather have 2 ---054 A type frigate than 6 F22---I would go as far as having 2-3 054's than 8 F22's----

Egypt has recently purchased around 46 KA52 attack helicopters from Russia for Egyptian navy, why can't Pakistan try to strike such deal? PN should try to acquire its own fleet of navy air force & attack helicopters, as this will strengthen the security of the coast & Pakistan's area of Arabian Sea sea.

Egypt has recently purchased around 46 KA52 attack helicopters from Russia for Egyptian navy, why can't Pakistan try to strike such deal? PN should try to acquire its own fleet of navy air force & attack helicopters, as this will strengthen the security of the coast & Pakistan's area of Arabian Sea sea.
It comes with a huge carrier from France, Pakistan Navy can never afford to purchase and maintain it. FACs and submarines are what the top brass are thinking about.

Pak navy will also get Global response cutters from the USA by mid of 2016 8 of these vessels Pakistan will get ..
Today Pakistan navy has inducted Landing Craft Mechanized ship which was made in Karachi .

Surface fleet just need: 2 destroyers-Turkish or Chinese
4 corvette preferably Milgem
Lastly if funds allow then we can go for 2 frigates F22 upgraded

Surface fleet just need: 2 destroyers-Turkish or Chinese
4 corvette preferably Milgem
Lastly if funds allow then we can go for 2 frigates F22 upgraded

the F-22 shouldn't be viewed as a mainstay frigate it's like a stop gap, the Pak navy has become too comfortable with it, and they'll only learn they lesson once they receive a bloody nose as is the norm these days. the F-22 should be ditched, and the the 5 billion allocated for the submarines should be reduced and funds allocated for the type 054/057,

Hi,

I would rather have 2 ---054 A type frigate than 6 F22---I would go as far as having 2-3 054's than 8 F22's----
i'd rather not have it as an option, its a stop gap ship, its a culmination of old+new technology which lacks stealth.whoever is in charge in the pak navy seems to be in some kind of cold war bubble.
if you have 5 billion to send on 6-8 subs sure you can reduce the no.'s and get some decent frigates, its not like any of those subs are nuclear powered and offer ICBM capability. The fact that a small nation like bagladesh has a better frigate then any ship in the Pak navy is astonishing.

the F-22 shouldn't be viewed as a mainstay frigate it's like a stop gap, the Pak navy has become too comfortable with it, and they'll only learn they lesson once they receive a bloody nose as is the norm these days. the F-22 should be ditched, and the the 5 billion allocated for the submarines should be reduced and funds allocated for the type 054/057,

i'd rather not have it as an option, its a stop gap ship, its a culmination of old+new technology which lacks stealth.whoever is in charge in the pak navy seems to be in some kind of cold war bubble.
if you have 5 billion to send on 6-8 subs sure you can reduce the no.'s and get some decent frigates, its not like any of those subs are nuclear powered and offer ICBM capability. The fact that a small nation like bagladesh has a better frigate then any ship in the Pak navy is astonishing.
You just noticed 1 part!
After having type 52 or TF 2000(frigates) destroyers and 4 corvettes what we need is a stop gap.
We can specify F22 P and upgrade its air defense system. As we are comfortable with it and after up gradation others F22Ps may can get it.
Well main prob is getting destroyers as it will cost most but after gwadar we really need some.

@Khafee

You know how to get me going---but then I have nothing else to do nowadays----.

As you have read my posts---I have written many a times over the years that the 8 submarine deal at one time is a very bad deal---technically---because all the funds would be stuck up in wastage for 12--15 years.

Subs are very important-----but so is the surface fleet----. The deal should have been split with subs and surface fleet if not the aircraft---.

Pakistan must have type 054D type frigates with anti ballistic missile missiles in the 7500 tonnage---atleast 2 of them with AEGIS type capabilities----plus at least 4 or more type F22 upgraded frigates in the 4000 tonnage and agina with anti ballistic and anti air missile missiles----.

In layman's term---they should be able to intercept ballistic missiles and other kinds of missiles as well.

So---pakistani defense procurement wasted another opportunity to procure the right equipment.

The submarine are dead meat with frigate protecting them---the submarines are dead meat without---aircraft protecting them in the arena we want to use them in---the arabian sea and its viccinity---.

We needed a total package deal---and I beleive that in this arena---submarines only---they are dead meat.

PN officials have seen how PAF funds were diverted after earthquake in 2005.
The earthquakes and floods have started coming frequently now.

Political changes and a favourable COAS also plays its part. It's not everyday that PN is offered to go on a shopping spree. And now that it has, it will make the best out of it.

In Pak Armed forces, PN is usually given third priority after PA and PAF.
Subs are the main strike force of PN and PN is enhancing its strike capabilities now. They are an excellent defensive force in friendly waters too. Somehow the psyche in PN ranks is favourable towards considering them as its main strike force.

You May think PN has not acted smart but I think they have acted cleverly and secured its subs for future by jumping on an opportunity which may not arise again soon.

If you look at PN now:
Surface fleet is expanding.
Sub fleet is expanding.
Corvettes and fast attack ship fleet is expanding.
Tanker and replenishment ships, coastal tankers, mine warfare vessels, tug boats, smaller patrol boats, hovercrafts are in decent numbers to support the offensive armada of PN.

Newly acquired MPA ATR72 along with Fokker27 and atlantique are good enough to patrol the seas and a coastline of 1000km.

Recently acquired Z9 have shifted the burden from seakings and Alouette 3.

P3C have augmented the ASW, AShW and MPA. Sometimes AEW also.

Hawker 800 is already present for EW.

Mirage V has been complimented with JF17.

What's missing are atleast 2-3 C130 type transport aircraft and newer transport helicopters. Sea kings and Alouette 3 need to retire.

It comes with a huge carrier from France, Pakistan Navy can never afford to purchase and maintain it. FACs and submarines are what the top brass are thinking about.

No need for the carrier, of course. Use the helicopters for the coastal & Gawadar port protection.

No need for the carrier, of course. Use the helicopters for the coastal & Gawadar port protection.

But against what?.
These choppers are for assault, they won't be any useful. Neither can they fly fast or for long ranges, a squadron of twin engined fighters is a more reasonable choice. But that's my opinion.

Yes sure about that ,,, Because whatever the case may be India cannot deploy its fleets away from its own shores,,, it will be too risky ??? Unluckily India has a natural disadvantage,,, key trade lines of India towards west,,, i.e. near Pakistan,,, That is the reason India need a strong navy... But Pakistan with a little offensive punch can go for severe damage to India

Yes sure about that ,,, Because whatever the case may be India cannot deploy its fleets away from its own shores,,, it will be too risky ??? Unluckily India has a natural disadvantage,,, key trade lines of India towards west,,, i.e. near Pakistan,,, That is the reason India need a strong navy... But Pakistan with a little offensive punch can go for severe damage to India
no need to deploy whole fleet or AC. one destroyer, one frigate , one corvette and one scorpion submarine are more than enough for entire Pak Navy. and Su-30MKI with 3,000 km range are enough for any aircraft in your inventory.

P.S. even our coast guard is more than enough for entire Pak navy.

no need to deploy whole fleet or AC. one destroyer, one frigate , one corvette and one scorpion submarine are more than enough for entire Pak Navy. and Su-30MKI with 3,000 km range are enough for any aircraft in your inventory.

You do know, if you stage a force that small against PN, our submarine fleet will be enough to swallow that whole, don't underestimate your opponents.

Please send your Coast guards and we will send our missile boats and few subs :D :D

Hahaha,, welcome to try to move these assets on west of Pakistan in war time ... hahaha

Back
Top Bottom