What's new

Pakistan has to accept India as big brother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irrelevant.

According to your logic, the entire world should vote in the American and Russian elections because a war between them would annihilate the globe.

Don't get too caught up with the way the world already functions. Get out of your mental cage. Since this is a forum, it makes sense to be discussing new ideas rather than plain old BS our leaders have been concocting over decades. If you want to stick around the old bush, why even have this forum? Don't our respective foreign offices keep harping long stated positions?

You cannot claim to represent GoP in any significant measure, neither me GoI. So think rationally, without biases.

If a war between US and Russia has the potential to destroy the world many times over, doesn't every one alive on this planet have a say to that. Have a say to her/his life?

Last edited:
If you want a global vote on K, you have my vote in the affirmative to your proposal. Lets go for it. Infact what you have proposed is the most balanced way to look at this conflict. Now before you shoot it down with any other localised example, you must see that at a very inefficient level this is already happening. You elect AAZ, I elect MMS and they sort K out. A more efficient way is to involve ALL stakeholders as I said before, the part you are not reconciled to, for reasons that are beyond me.

Rather than going through mental gymnastics and coming up with unworkable scenarios, how about we stick to solutions which have a precedent and which have some chance of actually working?

Quebec was an example of how to handle a similar situation. It's a very appropriate example for Kashmir. Too bad "democratic" India refuses to honor it.

Don't get too caught up with the way the world already functions. Get out of your mental cage. Since this is a forum, it makes sense to be discussing new ideas rather than plain old BS our leaders have been concocting over decades.

You cannot claim to represent GoP in any significant measure, neither me GoI. So think rationally, without biases.

If a war between US and Russia has the potential to destroy the world many times over, doesn't every one alive on this planet have a say to that. Have a say to this life?

I prefer living in the real world. If you prefer to live in a make-believe world, I am sure there are virtual communities where you can play fantasy games.

Virtual Worlds, Avatars, free 3D chat, online meetings - Second Life Official Site

^^^ Gearing up for Pakistani Idol now?

I find a lot of merit in what lamayuru says ..... why go to Quebec man?

Or lets have this big rope put around Kashmir and have a tug-o-war ...... all Pakistanis pull at one side, UP and Bihar pull from our side ..... what say bro?

Cheers, Doc

^^^ Gearing up for Pakistani Idol now?

No. Lollywood hasn't produced much of value for many decades.

why go to Quebec man?

Because it gives an example of how to decide this question democratically by the people involved. Not by external entities. Not by military force. But by simple democratic means.

\

Because it gives an example of how to decide this question democratically by the people involved. Not by external entities. Not by military force. But by simple democratic means.

Exactly - the people with the most at stake, those who live, work and reside in Kashmir, whose ancestors have lived and toiled in Kashmir, whose lives and land are directly tied to the dispute, are the ones who deserve a voice - not those on the periphery whose primary interest as 'stakeholders' is territorial and/or resource expansion, driven by an irrational nationalism.

Nonetheless, in terms of 'involving all stakeholders', the elected leadership of India and Pakistan is responsible for negotiating the best means to achieve an end to the dispute.

To that end the elected leadership of India and Pakistan ENDORSED a solution of letting the people of J&K decide their destiny through a plebsicite, multiple times, through the UNSC resolutions and later the Simla Agreement that stated first and foremost "that the principles and purposes of the Charter of the United Nations shall govern the relations between the two countries."

What is left is for the leadership to work out the nitty gritty of implementing that agreement of allowing the Kashmiris to decide.

In terms of various permutations that have been suggested, please see this thread: http://www.defence.pk/forums/kashmir-war/20220-future-kashmir-7-possible-solutions.html

Girl stop posting these BS Indian media articles every where :disagree:
No one is going to act like big & small brother, Dialogue will be on equal terms, come out of this superiority complex :angry:

Well it was said by an emminent Pakistani. Do not doubt it as he is far more experienced than all of you out there in this forum talking about India-Pak relations.

Let's open our borders and hug each other, let there be no Big Brother policies, let all corrupt armymen and politicians be brought to book, let all people who desire peace - be given a chance!!!:smitten:

@AgNoStIc MuSliM:
"
Which official we choose to send is our prerogative - Gen. Pasha was not going to work miracles by going to India, and as the following comment from you underscores, would like have been utilized as a propaganda tool in any case.

I fail to see what the bruhahah over not sending one official vs another is.
"

OK.
1. What is Durrani saying? He is saying ISI and R&AW should be speaking to each other.

2. If you did not want to send Pasha in the first place, then why did your Govt agree initially. If you once commit you follow through and deliver or else you raise a stink. From the Indian perspective (and the kind of atmosphere that was) this could have been a good will gesture if nothing else. Can't you see that?

Well ..it is very simple ..it is kind of committing something without seeing it through and then quickly realizing that going weak in the knee is not desirable particularly when the entire world is having their eyes set on you...

Gen Ahmed Shuja Pasha heads ISI right?

That should indicate the quick change in stance..or do you think the committment was made just like that?

How can the Pakistan Government send him to India?

Do they think everyone is a fool? Does it take too much to understand and appreciate a simple fact?

Heading an institution which has its aim of destabilizing India economically and through abetment to terrorism is an enviable job particularly in the face of its Government's committment to send him to an enemy country under attack...

Proofs and proofs..how much do the GoP requires to initiate trial of JuD Amir ??

And you think we are fools to not understand that whatever this guy is famous for is just "UNTHINKABLE" without state support?

For another perspective on this, please try and think of India sending Mr. K.C Verma (The current R&AW chief) to Pakistan !!!!!!

Even if we think we have politicians in government who can still commit such naivity, can they actually succeed in sending him to Pakistan to face questions like BLA and Afghan and blah blah etc?

Similar thing happened to GoP: where is the fight...

thank you must your stars that sanity prevailed and it was botched...

It could have been historic to say the least...I assure you

Well it was said by an emminent Pakistani. Do not doubt it as he is far more experienced than all of you out there in this forum talking about India-Pak relations.

Let's open our borders and hug each other, let there be no Big Brother policies, let all corrupt armymen and politicians be brought to book, let all people who desire peace - be given a chance!!!:smitten:
ahaaan so u ppl respect him so much so what about reading the article once more & taking all those steps that he advised, borders have opened many times i remember the situation after 2001 stand off, so what exactly happened?? Nothing, we are standing right from where we started, we cant clap with one hand, In Sharm Al Sheikh Indian PM has different attitude once he reaches India his attitude changes, Indians really need to think what do they 'exactly' want, this duality in Indian behavior is strange & stupid as well, Indian officials are now giving some irresponsible statements, they really need to know that these statements are NOT giving 'peace a chance', its only further complicating matters, if we are not going to talk then what else are we going to do? Push each other back to the stone age, I don't think any one here wants that to happen
If u believe in point 'Kashmir for Kashmiris'(mentioned in article)hold a plebiscite under UNO, who's stopping u
Politicians are a problem every where, the day Indian & Pakistani corrupt politicians brought back their loot from bloody Swiss banks, 90% problems will be solved, I repeat no BIG BROTHER POLICY, talks on the basis of equality....
some people here making stupid comparisons, like China-Japan etc
I have must say to those ppl that India is India & Pakistan is Pakistan, no need for these comparisons, sub continent needs to define the destiny for its people, its own way

To start with, the first hug goes to emo_girl
No thanks, hug some one else

Last edited:
Well ..it is very simple ..it is kind of committing something without seeing it through and then quickly realizing that going weak in the knee is not desirable particularly when the entire world is having their eyes set on you...

Gen Ahmed Shuja Pasha heads ISI right?

That should indicate the quick change in stance..or do you think the committment was made just like that?

How can the Pakistan Government send him to India?

Do they think everyone is a fool? Does it take too much to understand and appreciate a simple fact?

Heading an institution which has its aim of destabilizing India economically and through abetment to terrorism is an enviable job particularly in the face of its Government's committment to send him to an enemy country under attack...

Proofs and proofs..how much do the GoP requires to initiate trial of JuD Amir ??

And you think we are fools to not understand that whatever this guy is famous for is just "UNTHINKABLE" without state support?

For another perspective on this, please try and think of India sending Mr. K.C Verma (The current R&AW chief) to Pakistan !!!!!!

Even if we think we have politicians in government who can still commit such naivity, can they actually succeed in sending him to Pakistan to face questions like BLA and Afghan and blah blah etc?

Similar thing happened to GoP: where is the fight...

thank you must your stars that sanity prevailed and it was botched...

It could have been historic to say the least...I assure you
buddy he comes under diplomatic immunity if so if you're implying you would kill him or something along those line just because he head ISI would result in disastrous situation.

You may have read somewhere I previously posted on this thread, if committing to sending ISI in good faith was bad- you could not be more wrong. How did Balochistan find its way in to Sharm El Sheikh? MMS was sure he had a clean slate and nothing to hide.

The other part of the plot, to publicly reverse the decision of his coming was even worse. To me that stinks like dead fish. If you have nothing to hide why not spill the beans?

OK let me put it this way, if US had called the ISI chief in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, ostensibly to help out with the investigations would the same flip flop have happened? Chinese engineers die in Pakistan and there is a massive crackdown, why a 3rd rate treatment (with diplomatic afterthoughts & after-afterthoughts) to Indian deaths?

If Pasha's hands had been clean all he had to do was fly down, listen to what Indians had to say and tell them to their faces "Look! I am here. ISI is not involved in 26/11 at all." Maybe have this broadcast on national media to reassure public mood from swinging to the 'usual suspect'.

Instead subsequently Kasab is caught alive and Pakistan is now all over 26/11 like a bad rash. So he definitely had a lot to hide & this one act of rebuff from Pak was primarily responsible for the Ind-Pak war drum beat.

But as some Pakistani has clarified here, all this sending, not sending is now water under the bridge, lets get a move on from here. I will only go with this argument, your reasoning IMHO is bunkum.

going weak in the knee
See you are drawing the same conclusions a visionless Pakistani establishment wanted to avoid. They were basically saying "We have done nothing wrong. Dont involve us. Pasha is going nowhere."
Had I been strong in the knees, I would have chosen to walk, & walk all the way to New Delhi.

Last edited:
@AM:
What you have responded to is cross fire b/w me and developero. Request your views on #196. permalink I understand you are busy with exams, so I will wish you the best, and patiently await your response whenever you are done. I have been hard at work after you rejected my earlier terms of engagement for Indo-Pak.

Again why are you guys so hung up on K? Just like superstitious cousins of Kekta Kapoor. I have proposed so many things. Nobody takes those up. I am even calling out for more problems, so solutions may be suggested along the lines I proposed.

Anyways, to answer this.

live, work and reside in Kashmir
Kashmiris are not doing anyone a favour by virtue of just being there. Anyone who has had the means has moved to other places in India/abroad(rich Kashmiri Muslims largely to the west/Kashmiri Hindus under ethnic cleansing pogrom to ghetto camps in Jammu & else where).

Remember how the yankees treated the natives when they were building rail roads criss crossing the American sub continent. India treats Kashmiris with kid gloves (succumbing to present day realities), unlike the Red Indian of yore that met the wrong end of the gun. And I am not saying India is here to civilise the Kashmiri, I am just recounting how attitudes have changed & what used to be the benchmark of brutality. Again today look at how Srilanka treated LTTE & Pakistan has a gag on press in its WoT. India has been a lot more open, a lot more western in thought about its territorial problem and all shidt has hit the fan with Human Rights and wrongs. That brings me to the Indian Army.
The Indian Army not just lives, works, resides but more tragically dies for Kashmir, just as average Kashmiris caught in the battle do. The Army represents the state. The state represents the people of India. So there again the populace of India has a say to what will be final solution.
In the much abused guerrilla warfare, what is moral support to you, is loss of life to me. Ask a family that has lost their son/father/husband to a ravaging lunatic. The fidayeen goes to heaven in his twisted world & does things with virgins (something he could ill afford in a deeply conservative society on this planet), the soldier dies for duty (is he the son of a lesser God? Does his death not count?), leaving behind a family that has to live with his loss forever. That loss is not lost on the family & kid that has grown up, in your and developero's world with nothing at stake in Kashmir. Bull f-ing shidt. The kid lost everything he could have ever laid claim to. A quarter of the grand parenting for his/her own children. Each death counts for that much!

If you still don't empathise with our sense of loss, look at how you are handling Swat/FATA. Army PR teams working overtime & dead men (again who have died honourable deaths in the line of duty) have been lionized as Shaheeds. And that is right too. Do you still think dying soldiers leave no lasting impression on the home country? Will you endorse the same plebiscite BS for Balochistan and NWFP? If Iran/Afghanistan were to take the bifurcated ethnicity homeland story to the UN.

We gave up our claims to the other sides when we proposed and accepted ceasefire in '48. Nehru going to UN has complicated stuff. 2 more wars have complicated stuff. Nuclear weapons have complicated stuff, but fact is you did not wish to fight anymore, nor did India and this is way back in 48. Tab se abhi tak kya kashmir kashmir laga rakha hai?

Similarly I have reasoned that all of India and Pakistan are stakeholders. In the event of a nuclear war over Kashmir (and there is probably NOTHING else we can possibly fight nuclear over) everyone, without any reservation, who risks annihilation is party to the settlement. All stakeholders who may end up paying for the final settlement with their life. During the Kargil conflict/2002 deployment when Mush was moving his missiles around, do you think he was aiming them towards Kashmir? Democracy is a self righting system. It places each human on an equal footing, you can't get any fairer than that.

I am even going to say, you hold a plebiscite in the valley and let all of Kashmir vote en masse for Independence/Pakistan. Kashmir will be India.

whose lives
Whose lives?
Exactly.

the ones who deserve a voice
Oh Kashmiris have a voice alright! They have used it all too often. Google this:
kashmir independence 1,440,000 results
tibet independence 345,000 results
taiwan independence 1,380,000
carried out @ Tuesday, September 08 2009, 07:50 PM IST

With so much information emanating from Kashmir, you dont think powerful blocs like EU and US know the R-E-A-L situation on ground? & yet they are in favour of LoC as permanent borders - India's long stated position.

That makes sense also since Pakistan has enough to take care of already. Try and improve the living standards for your ordinary folks before peering over the fence at the 'plight' of [HYPOCRISY]Occupied[/HYPOCRISY] Kashmiris.

- not those on the periphery
periphery? roast meat in radioactive heat. Why is this idea not catching on?

driven by an irrational nationalism.
So is your drive for this side of Kashmir. Pakistan only extends upto where you have state presence.

negotiating the best means
Why is what I suggest seeming so out of the blue. One (wo)man, one vote. The best model in efficient democracy so far as I could see.

letting the people of J&K decide their destiny through a plebsicite
out the window long time ago

the Simla Agreement.. Charter of the United Nations
Your fetish for Charters! Implement CoD. All will be well.

OK Specifically taking up Charter of the United Nations
Fact: The Charter of the United Nations was signed on 26 June 1945, in San Francisco
Fiction: It promises plebiscite for Kashmir.

Lookey here:
Charter of the United Nations: Introductory Note

Dude, the charter got signed before British India broke up. There is NO KASHMIR in this charter. Is this conclusive enough for you to never play rabble rouser again?
Simla Agreement unambiguously realises LoC as the basis for settlement to Kashmir. Relevant snip:

In Jammu and Kashmir the line of control resulting from the cease-fire of December 17, 1971 shall be respected by both sides without prejudice to the recognized position of either side. Neither side shall seek to alter it unilaterally irrespective of mutual differences and legal interpretations. Both sides further undertake to refrain from the threat or the use of force in violation of this line.

The UN charter reference to brotherly love between 2 nations is misleading (if that gets you thinking about plebiscite), probably to give Bhutto something to save face. It amounts to nothing. Bhutto is now dead. Look at what he has signed Pakistan to.

The ONLY debatable part is the Siachen Glacier-Saltoro Ridge area. But Kargil is LoC and Musharraf violated Shimla Agreement by taking a walk across the hills.
kashmir-7-possible
BBC has had those solutions for years now:

BBC NEWS

Lets not go with the Brits for a 2nd partition, show me some ingenuity. The ONLY one that works (and it is not in THOSE 7) is where there is no redrawing boundaries, no displacement of people. I think what Mush and MMS were negotiating was within this framework laid down by Vajpayee. LoC is the dividing line in any final solution. If it is made into a soft border that should take care of Kashmiri concerns too. If not, then there are other instances of people being born in war zones and families being divided and learning to live with it, N/S Korea.

Last edited:
Agonostic Muslim Quotes

"At the moment India and Pakistan are pretty equivalent on most socio-economic indicators"

May be but their is a whole chasm of difference in real Industrial power ie

GDP $1.2 TRILLION for India Versis $170 billion Pakistan.

Forex India $270 billion versis $9 billion. FOR Pakistan

IMF India nett donar $10 billion 2009 Pakistan nett receipent of IMF Aid $7 billion.

India part of the G20 (20 largest and most important industrial nations on earth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom