What's new

Pakistan Ground Forces statistics

Even with our reserves included the US still heavily outnumbers us.
In shear numbers, not really. Pakistan's army, regular and reserve combined, totals 1,500,000 soldiers. America's army, active, reserve, and National Guard combined, is only a little over one million soldiers.

ANG I speak of is Air national guard.
the Army's national guard; at least the ones in Texas, New York and Georgia leave MUCH to be desired.
Well, I don't know about those states specifically, but as I said, the National Guard comprises almost 30% of all American forces in combat since 9/11 and they are over 40% of our total ground force. Eight full infantry divisions and other direct reporting units. I think most perform as well as the regular army forces. Indeed, I doubt one could readily detect any difference on the battlefield between them. For instance, soldiers of the Oklahoma National Guard’s 45th Infantry Brigade won high praise from the regular army and DOD for their record of combat in Afghanistan and were considered as good as any regular forces.

In shear numbers, not really. Pakistan's army, regular and reserve combined, totals 1,500,000 soldiers. America's army, active, reserve, and National Guard combined, is only a little over one million soldiers.

Well, I don't know about those states specifically, but as I said, the National Guard comprises almost 30% of all American forces in combat since 9/11 and they are over 40% of our total ground force. Eight full infantry divisions and other direct reporting units. I think most perform as well as the regular army forces. Indeed, I doubt one could readily detect any difference on the battlefield between them. For instance, soldiers of the Oklahoma National Guard’s 45th Infantry Brigade won high praise from the regular army and DOD for their record of combat in Afghanistan and were considered as good as any regular forces.
US combined is 2,349,950

PK combined is 1,460,800

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_number_of_military_and_paramilitary_personnel

Yes, yes I can. Please look below.

I think the correct placement is "1,465,911" :p:

Amazed that no one has noticed it yet. :police: So everyone does go onto sh!t posting without even reading lol? :disagree:

Thanks for the correction. I am thankful to you. You shocked me with the correction, i am stunned to see it.

Have you found whether russia supported your bid or not??? :D

Considering Ive seen both less than a year ago; I certainly hope 1 year did miracles for the PA 'jawan'.
I am not sure which units you saw but it is true that today a normal Pakistan Army solider is well equipped and groomed compared to what it used to be some 10 - 12 years ago. I wont compare it to Indian soldier or anyone else as i have not seen them but i can say for Pakistani soldier that the facilities he is provided with in the battlefield have increased. All this happened during the (still on going) war on terror in our northern and North Western areas. The upgrade came more as a necessity rather then proactive approach. One could argue that whether the lessons learned there were transferred to units in Sindh or lower Punjab or elsewhere for that matter. As far as i can tell by my recent experiences of meeting some army men, i would say that yes they have!

Pakistan should also produce warrior-philosophers; not just soldiers or jawans.
And these are bred.

Pakistan should also produce warrior-philosophers; not just soldiers or jawans.
And these are bred.

Regrettably as aptly said in the 1965 war song " Aye putr hattan tey nai vikday" We had one in Sahibzada Yaqub Khan. Don't know of any other having having similar breadth & depth of knowledge about war as well as of diplomacy.

I think the correct placement is "1,465,911" :p:

Amazed that no one has noticed it yet. :police: So everyone does go onto sh!t posting without even reading lol? :disagree:

lol, both are correct.

In Pakistan, they use "lakh" as a unit and hence the commo after two digits rather than three.

I am not sure which units you saw but it is true that today a normal Pakistan Army solider is well equipped and groomed compared to what it used to be some 10 - 12 years ago. I wont compare it to Indian soldier or anyone else as i have not seen them but i can say for Pakistani soldier that the facilities he is provided with in the battlefield have increased. All this happened during the (still on going) war on terror in our northern and North Western areas. The upgrade came more as a necessity rather then proactive approach. One could argue that whether the lessons learned there were transferred to units in Sindh or lower Punjab or elsewhere for that matter. As far as i can tell by my recent experiences of meeting some army men, i would say that yes they have!

Its the level of education of soldiers which has effected the over all outlook of the army since the soldiers now need to have a better education level to handle modern digital electronic weapons systems(especially C4I), so reading, understanding, writing and speaking in english is a must now.I think its either Matric or FA level now
Previously even 5th graders and 8th graders made it into ranks.

In some arms, soldiers were more proficient, like Signals, EME, Engineers, Artillery, Air Defence.
Artillery is mostly about trigonometry.
Air Defence about radars.
Signals about communication sets, cabling etc
EME about mechanical/electrical systems of vehicles
Engineers about civil works, bridge laying etc

For Ordnance, infantry, armour, ASC, RVFC....anything used to go. Infantry being the biggest arm could absorb a large lot of soldiers.
But having ATGM systems, use of infantry locating radars etc in infantry.
IBMS systems in tanks, in Armor
computer database systems in Ordnance
and over all computer literacy, every soldier need to be a well educated individual.

Regrettably as aptly said in the 1965 war song " Aye putr hattan tey nai vikday" We had one in Sahibzada Yaqub Khan. Don't know of any other having having similar breadth & depth of knowledge about war as well as of diplomacy.
NDU -Isl producing many experts in War studies especially from Armed forces cadres and up to limited scale some civilians. In QAU their is entire dept for defense studies.

recognized by the world!!

Considering Ive seen both less than a year ago; I certainly hope 1 year did miracles for the PA 'jawan'.
We need to select random jawans (like 5-6) from every unit and have a 1 year training course...
It will actually bear fruits in like 3-4 years as the jawans talk more then officers and connect to fellows more easily. So many small but yet useful knowledge will start sweeping in lower ranks..

That's for total armed forces. My figures were just for ground forces which was the question at hand. Of course America has a much, much, bigger navy. Our ten super-carriers alone, each have over 5,000 crew.

Tell me do those carriers bleed?, They will.

Back
Top Bottom