What's new

Pakistan General Elections 2013

What party would you vote for in 2013 Elections.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imran does seem to be deliberately ambiguous about fighting the TTP and their ilk.

Wow, after reading some of the posts here, especially by some moderators, I am this close to losing all hope for the Pakistani people.

I don't mean this as a personal insult to anyone, it's just my general opinion about Pakistani people. Are you guys that dumb?
The only hope you guys have is PTI, there is no one else. All the other people are corrupt to the bone. I was 7 years old and I understood how corrupt these people were and yet I feel like fully grown adults in Pakistan don't seem to understand how bad these people are.

Now you may not like IK's hair cut or how he wears his shirt but that is no reason not to vote for him. He has a real plan for Pakistan, it is not a perfect plan, but it is a millions times better than the other parities.

Right now I feel like I am talking to a beggar who has a choice between coal and a diamond and he is saying "But this diamond is not perfect, it has a few flaws"
:hitwall:

Let me just ask you guys this.
Zardari was "tough" on the TTP
What has that gotten Pakistan?
Are you enjoying all the bombing and attacks?

I love Imran Khan but there is a reason why i am not voting for him just yet. I will vote for him once I get a clear answer to my question from PTI. According to his policy, How are you going to talk peace with TTP? (Unrealistic, Impossible task!)

me & family will vote for Musharraf, MQM or PTI.....thts it.

Voting for PML-N or PPP is not in my blood... but I would vote for any party if they can help me get rid of this Talibanisation. IK is too stupid to trust in this regard

Then, you will achieve what you have achieved since 2004.

Voting for PML-N or PPP is not in my blood... but I would vote for any party if they can help me get rid of this Talibanisation. IK is too stupid to trust in this regard

Agreed.

IK's foreign and terror policy seems really really flawed.

He thinks that if the US goes and stops meddling, Taliban will go. But in reality that is not the case here. It has become an ideology, a movement of sorts. It is a way of thinking.

Years back, this may have applied, that Taliban are attacking us because of us helping US. But TTP is a different scenario IMO. They don't care whether we go with the US or against it, they are simply wanting to wipe off half the population, and make us wear our shalwar on our knees, have a thick Burqa around every woman, close all sort of shops and media etc etc etc. Our resident analyst can share more.

But the bright side that I see is that the army will still be there to guide him and the government regarding terror policy.

But I want IK to come out, and openly declare that TTP did this, and they should not have done this, and do some bad-mouthing with the TTP like he does with PML/PPP. Openly declare your stance against PTI rather than hiding behind 'amreeka chala jaye ga aman' excuse.

Although IK is still the best option in Pakistan politics! Would get even better if he mends his terror policy.

Then, you will achieve what you have achieved since 2004.

I didn't achieve anything by ambigious policies of every government about good talibans and bad talibans. Now i want to move on with this nonsense and take the ultimate action to crush them all... The governement has apparently been doing the same thing of distingushing between good and bad since last 11 years and PTI wants to do it once again... we have already lost 40,000 people in the same process and I cannot afford to see more killings of civilians by keeping the same tried and tested policies. PTI is too busy trying to pursaude Talibans or gain their sympathy and hurting the national ideology in the long run by providing them a room of space where they can roam around freely and continue inplementing their version of Islam.

I have good hopes from Shah Mehmood Qureshi and his statements are well articulated but IK is too busy criticising n league and being taliban sympathiser that i have a fear that my childrens may also grow up in the fear of talibanisation.

We need people with clear vision and policies... IK does not seem to be clear about his vision on war on terror.

i was about to thank nuclearpak... why did you delete your post.. i fully agree with you.

Edit: you edited your post before deleting, very bad

@topic

You are right that PTI need to revisit her policies about TTP and come up with clear agenda/vision. In my opinion PTI followed the footsteps of PPP (of 70s) that she was earlier making a lot of sense in their vision, ideas and was favourite party for parhay likhay Pakistanis but later in order to gain more votes they twisted their policies to attract less educated masses in Pakistan. They need to clear their policies about the war on terror so their old potential voters/supporters could comtemplate once again

I didn't achieve anything by ambigious policies of every government about good talibans and bad talibans. Now i want to move on with this nonsense and take the ultimate action to crush them all... The governement has apparently been doing the same thing of distingushing between good and bad since last 11 years and PTI wants to do it once again... we have already lost 40,000 people in the same process and I cannot afford to see more killings of civilians by keeping the same tried and tested policies. PTI is too busy trying to pursaude Talibans or gain their sympathy and hurting the national ideology in the long run by providing them a room of space where they can roam around freely and continue inplementing their version of Islam.

I have good hopes from Shah Mehmood Qureshi and his statements are well articulated but IK is too busy criticising n league and being taliban sympathiser that i have a fear that my childrens may also grow up in the fear of talibanisation.

We need people with clear vision and policies... IK does not seem to be clear about his vision on war on terror.

Suggest a military strategy by which would you crush them ? Something that world's largest military machine with 4 trillion dollars budget has failed to?

NuclearPak: I,think he has made it clear that military ops would be on cards but only as a measure of last resort.

Suggest a military strategy by which would you crush them ? Something that world's largest military machine with 4 trillion dollars budget has failed to?

NuclearPak: I,think he has made it clear that military ops would be on cards but only as a measure of last resort.

i wouldn't mind staying hungry for days as long as my sisters and mother are safe in Pakistan. If we negotiate with such rats they will get an opportunity to preach their extremist ideologies once again.

America already won the war after she acheived her basic goals of killing osama, saddam and top iraqi military and taliban leaders.

Pakistan already regained the swat region from the occupation of taliban and restored the writ of the government in that region. Our forces are in Waziristan for the first time ever in the history of pakistan and you can no longer claim full control of talibans in that region. There used to be 2-3 suicide attacks or bomb blasts every week in Pakistan back in 2008... after swat operation they were reduced to half and now it happens after 2-3 months. Talibans has grown so weaker that they came on to attack a girl

We have gained a lot if you analyze everything not by the glasses of PTI. There was time when in my opinion 90% of the public was taliban sympathiser in Pakistann. Now the majority is against them including myself

i wouldn't mind staying hungry for days as long as my sisters and mother are safe in Pakistan. If we negotiate with such rats they will get an opportunity to preach their extremist ideologies once again.

Pakistan's economy it collapsing because of this war, its easier for you to say than done.

America already won the war after she acheived her basic goals of killing osama, saddam and top iraqi military and taliban leaders.

They have achieved nothing so far, Osama, Sadam and other BS were nothing more than pawns on a bigger chess board which has only just begun. America has failed miserably in Afghanistan.

Pakistan already regained the swat region from the occupation of taliban and restored the writ of the government in that region. Our forces are in Waziristan for the first time ever in the history of pakistan and you can no longer claim full control of talibans in that region. There used to be 2-3 suicide attacks or bomb blasts every week in Pakistan back in 2008... after swat operation they were reduced to half and now it happens after 2-3 months. Talibans has grown so weaker that they came on to attack a girl

Incorrect, Lal mosque operation triggered Taliban forming TTP and moving into SWAT. When military went in after millions of swatis had to be dislocated, the TTP after brief period of fighting fled to S. Wazirstan. Then, we went into S.Wazirstan displaced millions of people there to carry out the operation, they fled to N.Wazirstan. Military realized their tactics and hasn't attacked N.Waziristan because they will flee to Afghanistan where they have a large support base from Indians and Americans. So you start an operation in N.Wazirstan, they flee to Afghanistan, wait until you are totally bankrupt and come back again and keep attacking.

Military ops are counter productive is the argument, not any sympathy for the TTP, i don't even know why people even think in such a way.

We have gained a lot if you analyze everything not by the glasses of PTI. There was time when in my opinion 90% of the public was taliban sympathiser in Pakistann. Now the majority is against them including myself

We have achieved 35,000 dead civilians,5000 plus military casualties, millions displaced and plunged into poverty,Zero FDI, tarnished international image, 100% increase in inflation,50% increase in foreign debt,70 billion dollars in economic loss and a constant threat and fear of attacks.

When IK comes into office his policy will evolve it wont during elections. When he will come into contact, with the military he will draw down his policy of diplomacy to a carrot and stick approach, which is the only solution. You, keep the diplomacy up, engage the tribes and strike where its absolutely necessary including the high value targets.If, you have a party in mind which has a better solution, please do vote for them and enlighten me too.

Regards.

Agreed.

IK's foreign and terror policy seems really really flawed.

He thinks that if the US goes and stops meddling, Taliban will go. But in reality that is not the case here. It has become an ideology, a movement of sorts. It is a way of thinking.

Years back, this may have applied, that Taliban are attacking us because of us helping US. But TTP is a different scenario IMO. They don't care whether we go with the US or against it, they are simply wanting to wipe off half the population, and make us wear our shalwar on our knees, have a thick Burqa around every woman, close all sort of shops and media etc etc etc. Our resident analyst can share more.

But the bright side that I see is that the army will still be there to guide him and the government regarding terror policy.

But I want IK to come out, and openly declare that TTP did this, and they should not have done this, and do some bad-mouthing with the TTP like he does with PML/PPP. Openly declare your stance against PTI rather than hiding behind 'amreeka chala jaye ga aman' excuse.

Although IK is still the best option in Pakistan politics! Would get even better if he mends his terror policy.

There is no ambiguity in Terror or foreign policy of PTI. the only thing is we are unable to follow it... this CNN interview quite clearly shows what the policy is...

btw,

let me tell you there is an opinion floating that forces who want NW operation attacked Malala, so that to justify and create favourable opinion in this regard... this could either be the foreign element or the powerful guys... you see people like Asad munir tweeting that army should start operation in NW as the public would support.... I am not a conspiracy theorist but I keep my ears open... seeing the hype created by media, it is possible !! also note the timing that it happened a day after anti drone protest, when the impact was about to be created.

@Zakkii I had no doubts in my mind that you were a lurking Nooner, bas billi thalay say bahir aa hi gai... ;)

i was about to thank nuclearpak... why did you delete your post.. i fully agree with you.

Edit: you edited your post before deleting, very bad

Hehe, there was only one line in that post, and I meant them to be included in the original post, but your post came in b/w, so that's why!:D

There is no ambiguity in Terror or foreign policy of PTI. the only thing is we are unable to follow it... this CNN interview quite clearly shows what the policy is...

Yes there is.

Nobody is talking about the pros and cons of a military op, Aeronaut did explain it well that we go in one place, TTP simply relocate. We go in NW, they go to Afghanistan. But that is not the point.

The point is that IK is naively thinking that if drone attacks stop happening, and the US hauls it's @ss out if A-stan, everything will be handy dandy and A-OK!

Which is definitely not the case.

Again I say, it is not about a military operation and it's economics, because it has been well documented by everybody. Hammer and anvil strategy does not work in collaboration with the US, and PA does not have enough resources to go into NW and surround the TTP and finish them off.

As for the IDP issue, I think it is about time we understand that this is a war, and sacrifices have to be made. You have to relocate for some time from your home in order to have a better life which is peaceful afterwards. Make no mistake, I fully understand the kind of troubles that these families go through, and conditions they live in, but this is the reality of war.

btw,

let me tell you there is an opinion floating that forces who want NW operation attacked Malala, so that to justify and create favourable opinion in this regard... this could either be the foreign element or the powerful guys... you see people like Asad munir tweeting that army should start operation in NW as the public would support.... I am not a conspiracy theorist but I keep my ears open... seeing the hype created by media, it is possible !!

That is quite BS to be honest.

@Zakkii I had no doubts in my mind that you were a lurking Nooner, bas billi thalay say bahir aa hi gai... ;)

Of course I was disqualified since the day PTI'ans crossed all limits of bat-tameezi and bazaro language all over the Internet world. I just couldn't qualify anymore so had to step aside.

Trust me I wouldn't be voting for N league ever as they are still sligthly worse than PTI if not better

PS: and this ghattiyan-pan is also apparent in their leadership now. They are focused on grilling other parties (specifically N league) than talking about the basic issues of Pakistan. In Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (read it Wazaristan in PTI's dictionary) they were focused on N league rather than discussing about drone strikes and local people's issues. In quetta they were focused on N league rather than providing solutions for the people of Balochistan. In Sindh they were focused on N league rather than talking about the solutions for the people of Sindh, in Punjab they were focused on league and here it was legitimate to do so since N is a ruling party in this province.

They are just not getting mature and putting all their efforts in defaming N league and nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom