What's new

Pakistan FM vows to implement Iran gas pipeline project despite U.S. warning

I am hearing the same pipeline talks from last 5 years.
I believe there are countless times agreement signed when over pakistan and iran officials meet.

I think not even one meter of pipeline is layed out.

It will not happen unless Uncle Sam gives green signal. IMHO

This is the gas pipeline agreement not the Indian Aircraft Carrier that is being built by Russia for 12+ years now and still is a dud and not the Tirshul project that was started in 1982 and is being shelved for the other missiles.

We will move with this successful project but I smell something burning in the neighbhourhood....
:pakistan:

I am hearing the same pipeline talks from last 5 years.
I believe there are countless times agreement signed when over pakistan and iran officials meet.

I think not even one meter of pipeline is layed out.

It will not happen unless Uncle Sam gives green signal. IMHO

according to news released last week or week before, Iran has built 907 kilometers of this pipeline already. She needs to build around 300 kilomters more before handing over this pipeline to Pakistan who will be going for feasible study for one year and then start construction work which is due to be completed by 2014

according to news released last week or week before, Iran has built 907 kilometers of this pipeline already. She needs to build around 300 kilomters more before handing over this pipeline to Pakistan who will be going for feasible study for one year and then start construction work which is due to be completed by 2014

I highly doubt without any feasible study Iran had build 900 km pipeline.

What will happen if it comes negative in feasible study?

900 km goes as drain :hitwall::hitwall:

Last edited:
Pak won't violate international laws if US sanctions on Iran hits gas line project: Qureshi

Following the US' advice not to 'over commit' itself over the proposed gas pipeline with Iran, Pakistan has said it is committed to adhere to international laws if the said project falls under the ambit of anticipated American sanctions on Tehran.

Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi told reporters here that he hopes that the gas pipeline project, known as the IP project, would not be affected by the US sanctions.

"Energy is the need of the country and the gas pipeline project should remain intact unless it fell in the ambit of the US restrictions," The Daily Times quoted Qureshi, as saying.

Qureshi, however, added that Islamabad would protect its interests with regard to its energy needs.

Earlier, President Obama's Special Envoy to Afghanistan and Pakistan warned Islamabad that the anticipated US sanctions on Iran could hit the gas line.

"Pakistan has an obvious, major energy problem and we are sympathetic to that, but in regards to a specific project, legislation is being prepared that may apply to the project," Holbrooke had said during a joint press conference with Qureshi.

"We caution the Pakistanis not to over-commit themselves until we know the legislation, and that it should wait and see," Holbrooke said. (ANI)

Pak won't violate international laws if US sanctions on Iran hits gas line project: Qureshi

Back
Top Bottom