What's new

Pakistan, flattening the curve

Is the curve really being flattened, from what I hear testing has been dropping so that naturally will mean lower cases, and with Pakistan having such a young population a very large number will be asymptomatic so the true scope may never be known. Anyways I am glad if the numbers are actually declining.

Is the curve really being flattened, from what I hear testing has been dropping so that naturally will mean lower cases, and with Pakistan having such a young population a very large number will be asymptomatic so the true scope may never be known. Anyways I am glad if the numbers are actually declining.
No testing dropped, typical propaganda by PML N and PPP. What is happening is if two cases pop up in a street they block entire street and few more streets around that house. And keep it sealed until patients are cured and than they open the area. It's proving to be quite effective.

No testing dropped, typical propaganda by PML N and PPP. What is happening is if two cases pop up in a street they block entire street and few more streets around that house. And keep it sealed until patients are cured and than they open the area. It's proving to be quite effective.

If thats the case good on the government. The sooner this is eradicated the better for Pakistan.

The curve is being flattened, but notice how certain countries continue to put Pakistan on the ban list. This includes certain habibi countries.

Also notice how Western media was ejaculating over the fact that the free world had corona role models. They were highfiving each other whilst the rest of the world was suffering. Now that the tables have turned, there is no mention of a few success stories like Pakistan.

Is the curve really being flattened, from what I hear testing has been dropping so that naturally will mean lower cases, and with Pakistan having such a young population a very large number will be asymptomatic so the true scope may never be known.

That's not true. Here is the chart of the testing

ujZHsOv.jpg

As you can see, testing levels have remained the same, and new cases have been on the decline.

The real stat and indicator is the rate of fatality.

Infection rate doesn't say much. The vast majority of people recover after an infection. Countries where a lot of people die during infection is the most worrisome part. Something the Western media doesn't tell you. This is where the Western nations have failed. The rate of fatality is extreme in comparison to many poorer nations. Western nations pride themselves for having much better and advanced health facilities. Yet, they are overstretched and unable to tackle the amount of severe cases.

The Western nations had already predicted tens and thousands of infections for Pakistan. With a high rate of fatality. Their predictions have faltered and they have no credible explanation. The people of Pakistan are resilient. Each time the Westerners underestimate Pakistan, it comes on top. Of course we must remain humble and continue this positive trend.

Last edited:

Interesting, the whole country is fighting and winning the battle, much more needs to be done, but this is encouraging.
This is very encouraging news, kudos to the administrations and peoples efforts to battle this pandemic. Although I feel the flattening of the curve reflects more about the resilience of the Pakistani populace rather than its polities efforts.

Be careful and be safe guys.

This is very encouraging news, kudos to the administrations and peoples efforts to battle this pandemic. Although I feel the flattening of the curve reflects more about the resilience of the Pakistani populace rather than its polities efforts.

The same to you bud, hope and pray we all get our of this crisis.

I have been thinking about it , however I think the real reason for good success is that in Pakistan , people have traditionally cared about personal hygiene at home level

a) Wadu 5 times a day
b) Using of soaps regularly
c) Friday prayer mandatory shower
d) Every one washing hand before eating
f) Availability of Potent soaps like Dettol etc. and commonly used
g) Washing of homes regularly with water

The Cities , from outside may look out of sorts due to Government authories not enforcing bylaws but the inside of homes people do already practice alot of cleaning

I have been thinking about it , however I think the real reason for good success is that in Pakistan , people have traditionally cared about personal hygiene at home level

a) Wadu 5 times a day
b) Using of soaps regularly
c) Friday prayer mandatory shower
d) Every one washing hand before eating
f) Availability of Potent soaps like Dettol etc. and commonly used
g) Washing of homes regularly with water

The Cities , from outside may look out of sorts due to Government authories not enforcing bylaws but the inside of homes people do already practice alot of cleaning

It's a combination bro, the fact that the PM and the Armed Forces treated this like a war like situation helped.

The curve is being flattened, but notice how certain countries continue to put Pakistan on the ban list. This includes certain habibi countries.

Also notice how Western media was ejaculating over the fact that the free world had corona role models. They were highfiving each other whilst the rest of the world was suffering. Now that the tables have turned, there is no mention of a few success stories like Pakistan.
I have to admit, you're right. Everything from Swedish herd immunity to German lockdown efficiency was being prematurely touted as the magical white man formula to cure Covid, until Covid decided to get real.

In Europe, they can't even tolerate a simple lockdown without protesting about erosion of white rights, fighting at the supermarket, exercising their God given right to mingle without masks at the beach, or crying on Facebook. They're all Karens, all of them.

But regarding restriction of international travel, believe me, this is a good thing. If Pakistanis are banned from traveling to the middle east it is such a blessing in disguise as air travel is a huge risk factor for creating new spikes. China is managing its air traffic tightly for this reason.

Average age in Pakistan is 22, with less than 5% above 65. Hence this combined with maybe due to better immune systems (just a guess), more resilience (due to more active lifestyle, less obesity etc) could be some of the important factors.

I dont think our people are the types that follow rules and law, so doubt things like social distancing and masks are being deployed effectively. As you might have truly heard “Pakistan ka Allah hi hafiz hai”

With the opening up of the Aya Sofya for Ibadet, a new wave of "positive" energy Insha'Allah will sweep over the Muslim world defeating the "negative" energies which enhance the ramifications of stuffs like COVID-19...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom