What's new

Pakistan Faces Threat From Terrorism, Not India:US

I am merely one American, retired reserve USAF and retired US Civil Service,a former International Banking Officer in NYC, now for the past 16 years a businessman in my fourth career. Having served in Pakistan 1963-65 at old US Embassy, wounded in Rann of Kutch with an otherwise all Pakistani group in January, 1965 (1965 India-Pakistan War) here are some from across the pond comments based on fact, no conspiracy theories nor other wayward thinking:

1. If overseas Pakistanis here in the US, Canada, elsewhere want to serve and help the nation of Pakistan let them move back there and enter business, politics, and/or join the branch of their choice of the Pakistani military. Actions speak louder than words.

2. The Andorran Model remains the most viable means to slowly wind down 64 years of hype over Kashmir. That Model allows for a single central Legislature of all parts of Kashmir, open borders on the LOC, and continued provision of national security and international affairs by Pakistan, India, and China of the three portions of Kashmir. Ultimately one hopes the Andorran experience, which did take several hundred years to completely implement, will "sink in" and that meanwhile hype and blame and threats over Kashmir will cease and stop...after all it is the future of the Kashmiri peopke most at stake, not some bunch of false pride of "ownership" over and of the grassroots people there.

3. The economic reality is that both Pakistan and India are in sound business relationships with China and that India and China are moving forward, not backward, in shared economic efforts invovling pipelines, roads, railroads, and ports.

4. The single biggest problem for both Pakistan and India remains large uneducated population manipulated by religious extremists in both nations which thus far India has done a better job of controlling via law and order, homeland security if you will, vs. Pakistan.

My old military view is that Pakistan continues to repeat the same mistakes over and over. Brave and very capable Pakistani Frontier forces go into Swat, FATA, wherever, kill and drive out (temporarily) Taliban extremists...then proclaim the area is now safe, that local constabulary can maintain local law and order again (which is a sick joke) and the Pakistani military again withdraws...the terrorists come right back in...scenario repeats itself over and over.

Long term, permament garrisons are needed together with beefed up police and grassroots people support for Pakistan to stamp out terrorism.

Jobs, homes, healthcare, educational opportunities for the poorest of the children are the long term need, but simply ending and eradicating violent religious, and it is religious terrorism of Pakistan's own people, is the greatest and first need.

Thanks for allowing this one American's input. My back still aches as I age from being blown up in 1965 in the Rann of Kutch, and I speak from unexpected first hand experience when I say that law and order, security, stomping out terrorism has to be a 24/7 constant focus, with the jobs and related factors as just noted.

Back
Top Bottom