What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Pretty standard....I wore it even when I was working in flight test with Vipers. Then again we were always near the water.
Yea you'll notice a lot of PAF pilots without it, not necessary when exclusively operating over land. This is the 4th pic I've seen of the best in the PAF - once on F-16 pilots during Anatolian Eagle, a Mirage pilot at Masroor, some A-5 pilots (see PAF A New Dawn) and this Block-52 guy.

Yea you'll notice a lot of PAF pilots without it, not necessary when exclusively operating over land. This is the 4th pic I've seen of the best in the PAF - once on F-16 pilots during Anatolian Eagle, a Mirage pilot at Masroor, some A-5 pilots (see PAF A New Dawn) and this Block-52 guy.
Yeah I recall when I used to see father when he was with No.9 squadron in the early 90s....he never wore it as it wasn't available back then, despite flying off the coast near Karachi (local exercises, Inspired Alert, Firepower demo etc). These days he wears everytime he goes for a sortie.

Yeah I recall when I used to see father when he was with No.9 squadron in the early 90s....he never wore it as it wasn't available back then, despite flying off the coast near Karachi (local exercises, Inspired Alert, Firepower demo etc). These days he wears everytime he goes for a sortie.
Yeah I remember seeing videos of Mirage 5PA pilots wearing orange, but no vests. It was weird. Was the flotation device strapped to the back of the pilot back then?

Yeah I remember seeing videos of Mirage 5PA pilots wearing orange, but no vests. It was weird. Was the flotation device strapped to the back of the pilot back then?
Yeah those guys were tasked with maritime operations. I wouldn't know the stuff they used by the Mirage drivers....as the chute and torso harnesses for the F-16s and Mirages are different.

This pilot is also wearing a floatation vest, which indicates that the Block-52+ are also there for maritime duties.
If i remember correctly, PAF pilots participating in last Red Flag were also supporting those vests, albeit i understand those exercises are held over Nevada Desert.

Some classic images of PAF Block-52s in Red Flag 2016.

Capture.PNG

16124162_1847008318849060_445083634068619264_n.jpg

14033721_824914637609748_1758614848_n.jpg

The flotation device is mandatory nowadays in most AFs.
An unconscious pilot will drown in a backyard pool without
it and there are many of these in suburbia USA not counting
the giant fountains of the Bellagio.

Floating with your head out of the water sounds useful to me.

Have a good day all, Tay.

Is PAF looking to acquire more used F-16s from US and from other countries?
Hi at the moment US is not even ready to reimburse the coalition support fund beside that I think until unless India decide about acquiring its single engine jet or LM set up no more f16 directly from America hence if some of the nations getting f35 can make us agreed upon to supply their f16 it might work that way
Hope so if we are that much desperate to get hands on f16 :enjoy:
Thx

This pilot is also wearing a floatation vest, which indicates that the Block-52+ are also there for maritime duties.

Is PAF looking to acquire more used F-16s from US and from other countries?
Used F-16s should be a natural option. The Block-32 can have engine commonality with the Block-52 and studies are underway at LM for structural replenishment, even for the Block-30/32 (via TAI). They would be an affordable buy even on the PAF's budget. It's curious that the PAF hasn't pushed or been able to make inroads on that front.

Couple pf points

1. F16 are available if PAK/Paf is willing to pay for them at full price
2. 1 sqn of 16 block 2 JF with weapons costed international customer $560 M, PAf will pay far less
3. 8 F16s cost was 699M or least round it $700 M
4. Thus 16 F16 sqn would cost 1.4B
5. 2 JF sqns for the cost of 1 F16 sqn
6. Reality is JF sqn was first international sale so included training, plus other support elements which may not be required for subsequent sales (for PAF)
7. it is safe to assume 1 f16 sqn costs more than 2 JF -17 sqns

PAF will prefer to buy F16 only if it make sense i,e subsidized or may opt for used ones just to add more F16s and convert some for spares/reserves in future

Used F-16s should be a natural option. The Block-32 can have engine commonality with the Block-52 and studies are underway at LM for structural replenishment, even for the Block-30/32 (via TAI). They would be an affordable buy even on the PAF's budget. It's curious that the PAF hasn't pushed or been able to make inroads on that front.

It would be better if PAF just look for Block-15s and some for spares.

Couple pf points

1. F16 are available if PAK/Paf is willing to pay for them at full price
2. 1 sqn of 16 block 2 JF with weapons costed international customer $560 M, PAf will pay far less
3. 8 F16s cost was 699M or least round it $700 M
4. Thus 16 F16 sqn would cost 1.4B
5. 2 JF sqns for the cost of 1 F16 sqn
6. Reality is JF sqn was first international sale so included training, plus other support elements which may not be required for subsequent sales (for PAF)
7. it is safe to assume 1 f16 sqn costs more than 2 JF -17 sqns

PAF will prefer to buy F16 only if it make sense i,e subsidized or may opt for used ones just to add more F16s and convert some for spares/reserves in future
its 3:1 actually atleast
Indonesia brought used f-16c/d with training and weapons for approx 24+8 spares=~ 750M
so used f-16 can be cheaper or same cost of jf-17. but i diubt USA is willing to release those

Back
Top Bottom