What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Hi,

This was an article on Quora----. And I have talked about it many a times showing different conditions of ' kill switches '.

What the writer has written is your basic kill switch---you cannot start without a code---it is the simplest of the kill switches---.

The other forms that I have discussed in the past is---engine control---fuel control---. The computer can control the fuel pump pressure---amount of fuel going into the engine---.

Rudder control---aileron control--stick control---pitch control---anything and everything that has an electric motor actuator---is connected with an electric wire---has a data link connection---has a kill switch.
But it should not be difficult to dump the code and reverse the work and figure out what is where and comment them out. Generally always we left back doors for any units we sold to our customers.

I wanted to describe it the other day, but I was discouraged because of the behavior of holycows.

What you describe, sounds like a bank's security code generator systems, which comes in variety.
One you described is like: You download an app to your personal device (in this case device can be onboard/offboard computer) using personal id, you end up having your personal/unique app. connected to your device and account. Now every time you need to login, you contact certain secure site, which generate QR code on screen, which you shall scan using your personal device having personal/unique app, if all matches, than your personal device receive a numeric code, which is generated by an automated code generator SW, which you (pilot) will enter to login. In case of bank account, by default there are limits over online transactions, however you may ask for changes, but you see no difference in login process. Basically a code can have limits hidden in it, which basically are in control of your bank.

There is another commonly known tech. used by companies to restrict ''unauthentic access'' or allow ''licensed access'' to its HW/SW.
Why its needed: Since all hitech electronic HW is manufactured in China, which was designed/developed in EU/US. If there's no lock, you will soon see a Chinese/Indian version of it.
Trick is to have a mix of HW-SW key (aka-dongle) this HW key will be programmed as having unique code id (as an example: code is generated at company's head office and keys are programed subsequently).
Now when proprietary hitech HW is loaded with proprietary SW, it will not perform certain tasks and limits the performance of machine, or not perform at all, unless a matching code is written in its SW, which again can be with aid of special interface or simple keyboard, but it effectively kicks out the owner of HW of having any control over its property. This prevents ''unauthorized'' use of tech. but if I'm not in good terms with ''authorized'' user, manufacturer of HW can just declare ''authorized'' user as rouge element/state and multi billion $ HW is as good as trash.

Another common one, we all know is GPS triggered car immobilizers.

Now these are commonly known and widely used 'kill switches' we come across daily, where limit is defined by manufacturer of HW.

Hi,

Thank you for an excellent post---I had to read it twice---.

Your quote---" Another common one, we all know is GPS triggered car immobilizers.

Now these are commonly known and widely used 'kill switches' we come across daily, where limit is defined by manufacturer of HW
."

That is one very important consideration.

Guessing here but looks like another pak Afghan US effort to go for military plus political victory over Afghan talibs and may be paf will get approval to get Jordanian f-16s or other Eda ;)

Guessing here but looks like another pak Afghan US effort to go for military plus political victory over Afghan talibs and may be paf will get approval to get Jordanian f-16s or other Eda ;)
Thanks for bringing it up ... it been over 1 year since news of jordanian f-16s were circulating; is there some motion still underway or they will just show up unannounced?

Capture.f-16.PNG

Is PAF looking to acquire more used F-16s from US and from other countries?

My picture and it shows an armed Block-52D over rugged terrain of Afghan border on Taliban Hunt.
With more JF-17s adopting the ADA role, the F-16 fleet is polishing up on their ground strike capabilities.....hence some of the Vipers permanently carry the laser pods.

20232647_1346653638775260_3570082132327618699_o.jpg

My picture and it shows an armed Block-52D over rugged terrain of Afghan border on Taliban Hunt.
With more JF-17s adopting the ADA role, the F-16 fleet is polishing up on their ground strike capabilities.....hence some of the Vipers permanently carry the laser pods.

View attachment 413062
This pilot is also wearing a floatation vest, which indicates that the Block-52+ are also there for maritime duties.

This pilot is also wearing a floatation vest, which indicates that the Block-52+ are also there for maritime duties.

Not true even in Country flight you will see it as its not just for Sea but any water ways , river etc

Lastly first batch of sniper I think all 18 went to no 5 and remaining 22 or so will got to 11 and 9

No 19 gets old French atlis pods or shares with 9/11, not sure how many were acquired

Jf getting aselpod but I do not think one for one is over kill each sqn may get enough for 4-6 for strike role

Again guessing ;)

Last edited:

View attachment 413062
im pretty sure that is a F-16C because D is two seater

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom