What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Folks .... Doesn't this paint scheme looks familiar to you guys.

164877.jpg

165119.jpg

Folks .... Doesn't this paint scheme looks familiar to you guys.

164877.jpg

165119.jpg
That is a common color scheme so nothing to be surprised about. Yes we do use them with F-16 but then again, it is a common theme and you will find many aircraft painted the same so that is most probably why Bangladesh opted for it for its Yak-130s. It sure look great on our vipers :)

That is a common color scheme so nothing to be surprised about. Yes we do use them with F-16 but then again, it is a common theme and you will find many aircraft painted the same so that is most probably why Bangladesh opted for it for its Yak-130s. It sure look great on our vipers :)

I may be stating it wrong ... I am more concerned about the pattern, the design rather than the colors. Light and Dark grey colors are widely used on fighter aircraft and its common, agreed.
But the design is identical, one wide patch of dark grey on main wing and smaller one on stabilators, we used in on F-16, Mirage-3, DA-20 and a single JF-17.

BTW can u plz show me the picture of any aircraft with same design as PAF aircraft.

I think Venezuela sold it's F16s to Iran a few months ago

They couldn't have....Iran is still under sanctions and the laws need to be passed before anyone can do business with them. Plus, Venezuela has signed a contract with the manufacturer and the US government. They know better what they are supposed to do if they want to sell those. They'll need an approval from the US government.

Last, the PAF won't want them. These will turn out to be a mess and very expensive older planes, not a lot of room to upgrade and will require entire overhaul all the way as these were the first gen planes. Pakistan should instead find used -16's block 40 which they should be able to find through surplus US ANG and from other countries. These are a notch below block 52, but come pre-wired for AMRAAM and other toys. This would be plug and play for the PAF to boost numbers for a very cheap price tag. You can later upgrade them with the newer radar of keep those as is for the next decade as they'll serve the purpose for air-defense, etc.

I may be stating it wrong ... I am more concerned about the pattern, the design rather than the colors. Light and Dark grey colors are widely used on fighter aircraft and its common, agreed.
But the design is identical, one wide patch of dark grey on main wing and smaller one on stabilators, we used in on F-16, Mirage-3, DA-20 and a single JF-17.

BTW can u plz show me the picture of any aircraft with same design as PAF aircraft.

:(
_BEL3739%20F-16C%20Block%2030B%2085-1547%20412TW%20left%20front%20take-off%20l.jpg

Another similar looking one, not exactly same but similar
745.jpg

Plus, what is the matter even if it is exactly the same sir?

PLAAF J-10 locked on by PAF F-16 during Excercise Eagle.

In recent months, there are various reports in China regarding to a military exercise between them & Pakistan called 'Exercise Eagle'. All reports mentioned that the Chinese J-10 had a few mockup air battles againat the F-16, and as a result the J-10 were completely defeated. The above photo of a J-10 got a radar locked by a F-16 in a gun sight surfaced in Chinese Internets. It generates many questions within the country about the true performance of the J-10.

The J-10 & F-16 are almost equal in comparison, I guess it was more about the pilot training rather then the performance of the plane that produces such outcome. China never really practically engaged in an air conflict in many years (the last time was some air skirmish with Taiwan but that was ages ago), thus their pilots lack combat experience. On the other hand, although PAF is a small air force, it has been involved in a number of air wars since 1959. I read an article about a joint exercise between China & Turkey years ago that China was also defeated in mock-up air battles using their J-11. However, very different to the past it seems that China is not scare of losing and is very active in engaging exercises with foreign military in recent years. And within the China it seems they are quite open for criticism too. Opening up its military to the world will create understanding, but most importantly enhance and improve its own capabilities. More good than bad.

PLAAF J-10 locked on by PAF F-16 during 'Exercise Eagle' | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Attachments

• 1438319233139.jpg
    1438319233139.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 145
The above image is not of a J-10 but of EF Typhoon, seen through the HUD of an F-16.
Ironically i captured and downloaded this video grab.

The above image is not of a J-10 but of EF Typhoon, seen through the HUD of an F-16.
Ironically i captured and downloaded this video grab.
Sorry for the irrelevant and noob question..:undecided:
I have heard that PAF is still looking for f-16s.
If that's true, i wanted to know the numbers and from where PAF could purchase??

If that's true, i wanted to know the numbers and from where PAF could purchase??
Let's put it this way, PAF's original requirement for some 40 F-16 Block-52 was cut down by half. That security requirement is still pending, which needs to be addressed with more F-16s or similar capability platform.
BTW, these are not my words.

Let's put it this way, PAF's original requirement for some 40 F-16 Block-52 was cut down by half. That security requirement is still pending, which needs to be addressed with more F-16s or similar capability platform.
BTW, these are not my words.

Thanks for the clarification.
Is there any pending deal regarding them?

Various ways
New
EDA
3rd party

Back
Top Bottom