What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Strictly no mirages
Who in his right mind would trust French after they backed out of an agreement to supply avionics for Thunders. this was second time, first time they backed out of supplying heavy water reactor under US pressure.
Momin aik soorakh say do martaba nahee dassa jata!

We need about 160 Falcons, 60 J-10/J-11 and continue with Thunders
bhai waise 1 QURAN ki ayat hai
yahood aur nisara kabi tumhare dost nai ho sakte

ab usa wale muslim to hain nai
2nd
its deal with UAE and QATAR not with france

good news

76 + 18 more = 94
increase order to 25 which is better

2nd try to get Qatari mirage 2000
Qatari
2000-5EDA Single-seat fighter 9
2000-5DDA Two-seat trainer 3
Total 12
qatar is going to replace them with rafael

also try to get
United Arab Emirates
2000EAD Single-seat multirole 22
2000-9 Single-seat 20
2000-9D Two-seat trainer 12
2000RAD Unique reconnaissance variant 8
2000DAD Two-seat trainer 6
Total 68

United Arab Emirates mirages are more advance than any available 4th gen fighter in the world
Nomi idea is not bad these jets got 85 % of theior life say safely pretty brand new Qatar got new rafale jets and UAE also working on deal with french somewhere these mirages gonna end up i beleive in current senario if we said yemen and pakistan i dont see any issue over these jets towards pakistan neither arabs and french i hope high command gonna pay attention to it can replace our BABAs mirages

2nd
There is also news that Austria is replacing EFT's and some German are also available.

UAE and QATAR don't produce spares and will never be able to provide upgrades in the future, and why go for an already obsolete platform. Although you may say the same for Falcons, but Pakistan already has the required infrastructure for them and great experience and expertise with the platform.

Dealings with US are not out of mutual love or respect, but mutual interest in the region, Europeans are mostly toads of the well and only look for their own economic interests, US on the other hand looks at it's strategic interests.

2nd

Anyone know the price difference between the F-16 Block-52+ and Block-61. Block-60 is no longer available since APG-80 radars are out production so all of UAEs new orders are F-16 Block-61 with the SABR radar, they will upgrade all their previous Block-60s to 61 standard for commonality.

80 mill USD

Actually probably more than 1.2billion, as Pakistan might go for more AIM120s, AIM9s (AIM9x?) and the associated spare engines, radars.

500 AMRAAMs are enough for less than 100 aircraft.
If they do order them anyway, i hope they would be C-7 if not D

500 AMRAAMs are enough for less than 100 aircraft.
If they do order them anyway, i hope they would be C-7 if not D

Actually no, 500 are not enough, that'll be an average of 5 per aircraft. PAF might go for 200-300 more (assuming they have plans to acquire MLU A/B models as well) and that might be the C7 version since i believe C5 is no longer in production. What i am more interested in is the AIM9X, since JHMCS was taken last time.

Selective quotation without reference to the context is worst kind of intellectual dishonesty.
It is done becauze the person quoting is listening to someone else and quoting the text verbatum. The text goes that"and the jews and the christians will never be your friend until you follow their religion".
It needs to be emphasised that this ayat came in Madina when the prophet SAW was having arguments and debates aith the jews and christians. The ayat is meant to say that stop wastinv your time on convincing them, they will not follow you because they oppose you out of sheer jealousy or other motives rather than out of knowledge. And Allah knows best.
The problem with quoting the Quran in isolation is the loss of context. Also you need to take a situation and apply it in the context of the whole of the Quran rather than in isolation.
To give you an example the prophet SAW still maintained his pact with the jews and enacted new ones with the Christians after the revelationof this ayat somewhere between 2nd and 5th hijrah.
The situation of acquisition of arms is that you are required to get the best arms available from any source and to keepyour forces ready too the best of your capabilities. The M2Ks have been assessed 3 times by PAF and the deal not progressed beyond an interest. The last nail in that coffin was stuck in 2002-4. This episode is over. People need to move on. If the sale was not relevant in 02' it is certainly not going to become juicy in 15' when the platform has been obsolete since 02 and the manufacturing process has stopped. It is a beautiful platform and we missed out on it in the 80s due to some. PAF guys not thinking strategically but now it would be sheer stupidity for PAF to go for it. In fact I would not be surprised if IAF goes for them.
CAN ESTEEMED MEMBERS PLEASE NOT QUOTE THE QURAN OUT OF CONTEXT AND IN ISOLATION AND INCUR SIN FOR MISLEADING OTHERS. PLEASE THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.
Araz

Actually no, 500 are not enough, that'll be an average of 5 per aircraft. PAF might go for 200-300 more (assuming they have plans to acquire MLU A/B models as well) and that might be the C7 version since i believe C5 is no longer in production. What i am more interested in is the AIM9X, since JHMCS was taken last time.
I think AIM9X and 120 Ds might be on the cards. Would we need / be able to upgrade the 120 C5 inventory to Ds?

Last edited:
Ithink AIM9X and 120 Ds might be on the cards. Would we need / be able to upgrade the 120 C5 inventory to Ds?

That is an interesting concept, since some versions of AIM9 were upgraded by just modifying the software. However since the AIM120 C7 and D versions offer increased range (hence the motor is different) and better seekers for ECCM, i am not sure if the C5 structure can readily accept the modifications. With the large number of C5 in use since 1996, it makes sense to make it future proof. The D version came out in 2006-8, so it can be assured that it has some of the best ECCM for newer gen threats, because European users were willing to take it as well, despite the MICA and Meteor on offer to them.

I think AIM9X and AIM120D are gonna make the F-16s absolutely lethal.

@Oscar any idea about AIM120 upgrade-ability?

Back
Top Bottom