What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

1666377031575.png

Everything you mentioned is accurate, except for the first statement.

Pakistan knows better than to go to Greece for that option be it India's relations with Greece or Turkey's issues with Greece.

I think this is another show of Pakistans poor FP. Until recently, Pakistan was even looking to grab Hydra class frigates from Greece, if we had played a balancing act i think we would have kept our relationship with Turkey while also maintaining a working relationship with Greece, in the same way the Arabs do things, or even the Russians at that

But why is US approving sale of pre-owned F-16s but not allowing us to buy straight from them? Is it a price issue on our behalf?
Hi,

If pakistan can pay, there is no problem getting new F16's.

Now will the uS sell the one with aesa---???

Hi,

If pakistan can pay, there is no problem getting new F16's.

Now will the uS sell the one with aesa---???

Pakistan has two options outside of US suppliers if that is an issue for an agreement for an upgrade. The Ozgur from the Turks or a Leonardo Upgrade by the Italians.

But realistically if they approve an upgrade they are gonna want the deal for US companies.

The F-16V upgrade is the same the Taiwanese will get and the US may not want the PAF to have the same sub-systems integrated into networks/datalinks with Chinese equipment operated by the PAF, potentially revealing some capabilities.

Looking back at an old post of mine from 3 1/2 years ago, the global used F-16 inventories that could be plausible source of air frames would be:

USAF active and retired
Various US state Air National Guards
30 Danish F-16AM
60 Dutch F-16AM
46 Norwegian F-16A
43 Belgian F-16A
30 Portuguese F-16
200+ Turkish F-16
63 Jordanian F-16

Unlikely the Turks will sell when they have their own needs. Jordan looks like the best option. Greece would be a long shot, hence why I did not include them.

Last edited:
My guess is around 18 Jordanian MLUs, giving us an A/B/C/D fleet of 93 Vipers. Then we upgrade all of them to V standard and order another sqd of 18 new Vs giving us a total of 121 F-16Vs split into 7 combat Sqds plus CCS/Aggressors unit.
Add that to say 4 J-10 units and 10 JF-17 units you are looking at a 21 Squadron force and final retirement of all Mirages and F-7PGs

Pakistan has two options outside of US suppliers if that is an issue for an agreement for an upgrade. The Ozgur from the Turks or a Leonardo Upgrade by the Italians.

But realistically if they approve an upgrade they are gonna want the deal for US companies.

The F-16V upgrade is the same the Taiwanese will get and the US may not want the PAF to have the same sub-systems integrated into networks/datalinks with Chinese equipment operated by the PAF, potentially revealing some capabilities.

Looking back at an old post of mine from 3 1/2 years ago, the global used F-16 inventories that could be plausible source of air frames would be:

USAF active and retired
Various US state Air National Guards
30 Danish F-16AM
60 Dutch F-16AM
46 Norwegian F-16A
43 Belgian F-16A
30 Portuguese F-16
200+ Turkish F-16
63 Jordanian F-16

Unlikely the Turks will sell when they have their own needs. Jordan looks like the best option. Greece would be a long shot, hence why I did not include them.
with the threat of War with Russia looming, europe won't be willing to sell their F-16s.

Last edited:
My guess is around 18 Jordanian MLUs, giving us an A/B/C/D fleet of 93 Vipers. Then we upgrade all of them to V standard and order another sqd of 18 new Vs giving us a total of 121 F-16Vs split into 7 combat Sqds plus CCS/Aggressors unit.
Add that to say 4 J-10 units and 10 JF-17 units you are looking at a 21 Squadron force and final retirement of all Mirages and F-7PGs
would be the dream, genuinely IAF can kiss its superiority goodbye

with the threat of War with Russia looming, europe won't be willing to sell their F-16s.
theyre being replaced

For the PAF, the ideal mix is having a total of around 100~110 F-16A/Bs and 50~75 F-16C/Ds in total. This was the original trajectory if not for Pressler. It would likely keep a lot of those airframes in reserve too so as to keep a core fleet of 90~110 active at all times.

The good thing about the F-16A/B variants and the Block-25/32 C/Ds is that Turkey has the access to carry out ÖZGÜR upgrade on those variants. For the Block-52, the PAF would need to get the F-16V upgrade. You get those upgrades plus the 5,000-hour SLEP on the F-16C/Ds -- plus the J-10s and JF-17 Block-3s -- you'd gain a superb 4+/4.5 cadre to both hold until the NGFA comes online and, later, complement it effectively.

Back
Top Bottom