What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

1. Jordan has raised the selling price.
2. Our own finances.

Sir, you are trying to pick the 8 that have much less flying hour on them. As the PAF wants to cherry pick from the 15, the Jordanians have raised the price as it would be hard for them to sell the rest of the 7 with much higher flying miles on their airframes.

These are low cost jets due to their age, etc, so the $$$$ isn't an issue. The main issue is the PAF's qualifications of 8 out of 15 due to certain flying mile formula the PAF puts onto jets before acquiring them. Thanks

Last edited:
Last time 13 non mlu were for 75 million not sure just for planes or included sqn support ground support and maintanancw eqpt as well but averaged 3000 hours life left

This time it's mlued but av life left is 2K so not sure how much they are asking ?

They can negotiate 2 deals one for 8 and another one for remaining 7 to be executed at a later date to sweeten both , remaining can be flown for 10 years and then used for spares unless paf thinks it's not worth while spending what asking price is

Anyway I am sure they know what they are doing because pa f has been going around everywhere but European f16s were original block 1, 5 and 10 and and the oldest build in early and mid 80s so ...

Last edited:
Sir, you are trying to pick the 8 that have much less flying hour on them. As the PAF wants to cherry pick from the 15, the Jordanians have raised the price as it would be hard for them to sell the rest of the 7 with much higher flying miles on their airframes.

These are low cost jets due to their age, etc, so the $$$$ isn't an issue. The main issue is the PAF's qualifications of 8 out of 15 due to certain flying mile formula the PAF puts onto the plane before acquiring them. Thanks

True

[QUOTE="khanasifm, post: 9019103, member]Last time 13 non mlu were for 75 million not sure just for planes or included sqn support ground support and maintanancw eqpt as well but averaged 3000 hours life left

This time it's mlued but av life left is 2K so not sure how much they are asking ?

They can negotiate 2 deals one for 8 and another one for remaining 7 to be executed at a later date to sweeten both , remaining can be flown for 10 years and then used for spares unless paf thinks it's not worth while spending what asking price is

Anyway I am sure they know what they are doing because pa f has been going around everywhere but European f16s were original block 1, 5 and 10 and and the oldest build in early and mid 80s so ...[/QUOTE]
Why a SLEP can't be applied to all Jordanian airframes if remaining life is the issue? Is it not viable at this point?

Apart from some cobras are too available.
May be some deal will done for copters too.

Last edited:
Why 8 when 15 are for sale
1. Jordan has raised the selling price.
2. Our own finances.
they are taking advantage of the situation after fall of the f16 deal with america.
all economics u know
F16_M3_Aircraft_for_sale-1.jpg

i am not contradicting the reason stated by members above but just trying to highlight one more possible reason which in my opinion is the 'flying age' of of the offered fleet ... the average flying hours of this fleets is 5,624 hours & there are only 7 F-16s which are having lower flying hours then this average flying hours accumulated at this fleet, in opinion those F-16s which are highlighted green are the possible F-16s PAF is looking for purchase; btw if I am not mistaken (plz correct me if I am wrong) officially the designed life of F-16 fuselage is 8,000 flying hours though it can stand upto 10,000 -12,000 flying hours

Attachments

• F16_M3_Aircraft_for_sale-1.pdf
    322.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
View attachment 362166

i am not contracting the reason stated by members stated above but just trying to highlight one more possible reason which in my opinion is the 'flying age' of of the offered fleet ... the average flying hours of this fleets is 5,624 hours & there are only 7 F-16s which are having lower flying hours then this average flying hours accumulated at this fleet in opinion there the those which are highlighted green are the possible F-16 PAF is looking for purchase; btw if I am not mistaken (plz correct me if I am wrong) officially the designed life of fuselage is 8,000 flying hours though it can stand upto 10,000 -12,000 flying hours
If I may add one thing ... the author of the Diplomat piece (who mentioned that the PAF is looking to purchase eight F-16s from Jordan) might have made an error while writing his article. The link he inserted doesn't offer a number at all. Second, Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) told Defense News that the PAF was looking to buy 14 Jordanian F-16s, which it would then upgrade (along with 60 existing units) at TAI.

http://thediplomat.com/2016/12/confirmed-pakistan-air-force-now-operates-70-jf-17-fighter-jets/

http://www.defensenews.com/story/de...4/tai-talks-upgrade-pakistani-f-16s/84854448/

2 reasons
1. Poor relations at this time
2. Paucity of Funds
We also have Non NATO Ally status so eligible for EDA route for surplus/stored USAF F-16. It would not require notification to Congress we only need presidential approval IIRC.

We also have Non NATO Ally status so eligible for EDA route for surplus/stored USAF F-16. It would not require notification to Congress we only need presidential approval IIRC.

Perhaps, good luck getting that it not going to happen !!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom