What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

I think you are not following the link from start, BAE a British/european comapny is updating F-16 for south korea, right now every company is downsizing BAE or lockhead martin will be more than happy to update for PAkistan. You have to make them do it "Menou note wikha mera mood banay" :p

dear i am following the link ... they are happy to update for Pakistan but
who will wikahay ga note to BAE ...
( if we will do this how can we waste 1.2 billion in metro project(with Metro project cement and steel is coming from PML N industries ) and how can we fill our pockets,accounts and how PML N will invest money to there abroad business ... )
PML N is thinking to taking money just like PPP did...... no body is honestly thinking for Pakistan ... PML N ... PPP ... PML q all these parties are and were bad time for Pakistan.

1.3 Billion already being invested to upgrade A/Bs to C/Ds.. no more money to take them to 60 standard

Actually, you shouldn't be taking them to Block 60, no need to. The airframes are getting old now. However, you should look into other nation's, including US ANG retiring its -16's Block 40's. Buy used ones with lesser miles on the airframe and then bring these up to Block 52 or 60. This would give the best bang for the buck and a much quicker upgrade schedule too. Block 40's are closer to Block 52 configuration also.

South korea is upgrading its136 F-16 block 52 with costing 1.1 billion dollars including AESA Source: Raytheon Radar Wins S. Korea Fighter Upgrade | Defense News | defensenews.com
Pakistan has 76 F-16s majority MLU upgraded or block 52. I think it won't cost more than 500 million dollars to be equivalent to block 60. It would take PAf to have 4.5 / 4.75 generation fighters. Share your thoughts

A wise choice for the Pakistani Air Force! The Block 52s will serve you guys nobly.

Tokunaga_HAF_056.jpg

F-16C_block_52%2B_fighter_jet,_Hellenic_Air_Force_%28November_2010%29.jpg

Pakistan stands 20 years behind most developed nations lets put it this way

JF17 thunder has to reach maturity of Block 3
And we need a second Air-Air focused platform with TOT

To bridge the gap with rest of world to 10 years or so

Albeit i did get an e-mail reply from LM, who were more inquisitive about my credentials rather than giving an answer to my query, however i still haven't been able to find out, why do the CFTs support or require so many access panels.
@gambit, sir your input would be highly appreciated.

10449170_1510600362510649_7103247700179431242_n.jpg

Albeit i did get an e-mail reply from LM, who were more inquisitive about my credentials rather than giving an answer to my query, however i still haven't been able to find out, why do the CFTs support or require so many access panels.
@gambit, sir your input would be highly appreciated.

10449170_1510600362510649_7103247700179431242_n.jpg

Hi,

Welcome---you are now on the watch list of F B !--- N S @ ---- and few others----.

Pakistan stands 20 years behind most developed nations lets put it this way

JF17 thunder has to reach maturity of Block 3

To bridge the gap with rest of world to 10 years or so

agreed ... 101 % agreed
Pakistan stands 20 year behind .....
all latest air forces using AESA system but in our near future no chance for AESA system in Pakistan.

Pakistan must must reach and shown maturity of Block 3 with all possible upgrade with AESA and must make Block 3, 4.50 or 4.75 generation crafts......

F-16-vs-SU-25-large.jpg

Shooting Down the First Soviet Aircraft

a. Pilot: Squadron Leader Athar Bokhari
b. Controller: Squadron Leader Taufeeq Raja
c. Date: August 4, 1988
d. Aircraft Shot: Su-25
e. Area: 10 NM West of Miranshah (Boya)

In those days, in addition to the scrambles that had then become routine, two or three pairs of F-16s would fly CAPs in the west on a regular basis. On this day, a scramble was ordered half an hour before sunset. As the No. 2 of the detailed formation was not yet fully night current, the leader decided to go alone. On the initial vector, he was at full throttle. As the violating aircraft had turned back, he was asked near Hangu to fly at normal speed and to set up a race course CAP pattern north of Bannu at 10,000 feet. The next fifty minutes were uneventful as he kept flying at 120/300 degrees. By this time, it was dark. Then came the opportunity for a kill, so narrated by the pilot:

I was vectored on a heading of 300 degrees, and the controller reported the target 30 degree left, 15 NM. I turned left and called contact. The GCI controller clearly told me to go ahead and shoot the target. I achieved a head-on IR lock on one aircraft at 7 NM flying high. He started to turn right at 6.5 NM, putting me on at 3.5 NM. I engaged burners and closed to less than 2.5 NM from the target before the desired launch zone (DLZ) started to flash. As all the parameters were met, I fired the missile and saw it go towards the target in the TD box on the HUD. I next saw a ball of fire in the TD box. I broke left to 120 degrees, descended to 5,000 feet, and dispensed chaff and flares. On looking back at the 8 o'clock position, I saw 4-5 flares at about 3-4 NM and mistook them initially for missiles. It all about stopped my heartbeat but my controller reassured me that there were no other aircraft in the vicinity. I then took a safe passage home.

The wreckage of the shot down aircraft was located, but not the pilot. The tribal people caught him the next evening and handed him over to the authorities. His name was Colonel Alexander Rutskoi who later became the Vice President of the Russian Federation. Both the pilots and the controller displayed calm professional competence in shooting down the first Soviet-piloted Su-25 aircraft at night. It was an excellent example of pilot-controller teamwork.

turity of Block 3
agreed ... 101 % agreed
Pakistan stands 20 year behind .....
all latest air forces using AESA system but in our near future no chance for AESA system in Pakistan.

Pakistan must must reach and shown maturity of Block 3 with all possible upgrade with AESA and must make Block 3, 4.50 or 4.75 generation crafts......
Second air ti air flatform with TOT should be J-31 or any 5th generation killer

eeeeh, why would PAF F-16s need AESA?
I don't see the need now or the next decade.
AESA is for the boys who are going to need it.

eeeeh, why would PAF F-16s need AESA?
I don't see the need now or the next decade.
AESA is for the boys who are going to need it.
Radar jamming is difficult, range benefits, stealth benefits ?

Radar jamming is difficult, range benefits, stealth benefits ?
that good and all, but doesn't PAF wanna focus on A2G?
F-16 even with AESA is no match for Indian SU-30MKI especially when they become Super Flankers.

and I don't think U.S would ever sign off for a U.S made AESA for Pakistan F-16 because of China :(:(

Last edited:
Not economy but defense ,,,,, metro 0 contribution to economy
better transportation network ... reduce traffic problems ... With this type of attitude pakistan remains same even after 100 years.. India spending trillion $$ to improve infrastructure. .. defence should be a priority but it shouldn't be everything ... India building metros in every city which crosses 10 lac population. ..

Back
Top Bottom