What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

sorry for this stupid question but i really want to know

what is the minimum time for f-16 to intercept any foreign fighter in case of emergency?

yar.....what can i say....it depends.....how far u r from intruder and when u have noticed its presense and how much time ur quick response team takes to make the pilot and aircraft ready to fly.....its not rocket science....... and subfators includes speed, direction.....anything more u want to ask? bro.....

regards

Leo the lion

sorry for this stupid question but i really want to know

what is the minimum time for f-16 to intercept any foreign fighter in case of emergency?

well PAF says the reaction time is between 2-10 minutes depending on the distance, situation etc

well PAF says the reaction time is between 2-10 minutes depending on the distance, situation etc

its called QRA. during high threat times, the pilots either sit in their cockpits or stay in the shelters where the a/c are parked, then the reaction time is quick. in peace-time, the duty pilots scramble from their mess / living quarters area, this takes a bit longer. i am narrating what a ex-pilot told me. whether its true now-a-days, i dont know.

PAF Minhas is reported to have a response time of 8 minutes.
this is the time in which the base can get there fighters air borne.

this is for peace time response where the base in on red alert.

in red alert scenario, the planes are kept with engines on and pilots are in them,
all the need is a GO from ATC and the mission profile is given once the jets are flying! in this case, the response time is quoted under 1 minute 30 seconds!

this is as per my discussion with a PAF GDP pilot!

I remember seeing pilots at PAF Sargodha sitting in the cockpits, with umbrellas on top of the cockpit to prevent sunlight, and reading Urdu Digests!!!!

PAF Minhas is reported to have a response time of 8 minutes.
this is the time in which the base can get there fighters air borne.

this is for peace time response where the base in on red alert.

in red alert scenario, the planes are kept with engines on and pilots are in them,
all the need is a GO from ATC and the mission profile is given once the jets are flying! in this case, the response time is quoted under 1 minute 30 seconds!

this is as per my discussion with a PAF GDP pilot!

Sorry to say but this isn't true. Every major airbase has F-16s (standard ADA fighter) fully loaded and pilots on duty. Response time is 6 minutes, which could be reduced to 4. But saying pilots in cockpit and engine on is exaggerated. Arsalan, this is not feasible, unless you are sure that a bogey is set to arrive at a particular time, with intelligence reports or similar.

Would be appreciable if you mention the rank of pilot, a Flt. Lt would generally say such things in humor but not a Group Captain!

Sorry to say but this isn't true. Every major airbase has F-16s (standard ADA fighter) fully loaded and pilots on duty. Response time is 6 minutes, which could be reduced to 4. But saying pilots in cockpit and engine on is exaggerated. Arsalan, this is not feasible, unless you are sure that a bogey is set to arrive at a particular time, with intelligence reports or similar.

Would be appreciable if you mention the rank of pilot, a Flt. Lt would generally say such things in humor but not a Group Captain!

Engines on might not happen, but the pilot is seated in the aircraft in times of danger, and the crew associated with the craft are present, the fire extinguishers, the APU's/GPU's and every equipment is right by the side.

Engines on might not happen, but the pilot is seated in the aircraft in times of danger, and the crew associated with the craft are present, the fire extinguishers, the APU's/GPU's and every equipment is right by the side.

Exactly what I said.

Each ADA serving squadron has atleast two pilots ready all the times, and depending on the scenario and nature of emergency, upto 6 F-16s like you said. Minimum is two, some bases have three, but in critical alert, the highest number is 6 and lowest is 4.

Exactly what I said.

Each ADA serving squadron has atleast two pilots ready all the times, and depending on the scenario and nature of emergency, upto 6 F-16s like you said. Minimum is two, some bases have three, but in critical alert, the highest number is 6 and lowest is 4.

Back when I frequently saw those pilots, they are were in F-7's!!!

little off the topic but intresting

PAF F-16 being loaded for a Combat Air Patrol (CAP) mission during border stand-off with India in late2001/early2002.

The yellow band on these Sidewinder missiles denote that it is live weapon. The blue band means its for training.
422741_355103824535001_284200791625305_1075162_865604247_n.jpg

little off the topic but intresting

PAF F-16 being loaded for a Combat Air Patrol (CAP) mission during border stand-off with India in late2001/early2002.

The yellow band on these Sidewinder missiles denote that it is live weapon. The blue band means its for training.
422741_355103824535001_284200791625305_1075162_865604247_n.jpg

Two sidewinders on the left wing......i am assuming two more on the right one.....4 sidewinders....so indeed...the F-16s were armed well.....though with the lack of BVR system, our boys would have been at a disadvantage.

have seen all this my self,
remember the 2001-2002 stand-off between Pakistan and India, have witnessed the Engines On, Pilots ready status on PAF Base Kamara myself. these were F-7 fighters.
:agree:
and yes, i was not just passing by!
;)

have seen all this my self,
remember the 2001-2002 stand-off between Pakistan and India, have witnessed the Engines On, Pilots ready status on PAF Base Kamara myself.
was not just passing by!

That is ten years ago!
Things have changed in those ten years, today, instead of sitting inside the aircraft with the engines on, normally the pilots would be close to the aircraft. And, other aircrafts would perform CAP operations. As for this one, I witnessed this during the 2008 possible war breakout. The F-16s would fly over Lahore city on a extreme altitude, and patrol the borders. As for the base, ADA had more loaded F-16s ready.

Back
Top Bottom