What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

The initial claim by the Russians that Cobra manoeuvre helps to break the missile lock proved to be highly exaggerated, you may force your pursuer to overshoot but as you said, out of energy and dangling in middle of the air will be a turkey shoot for anyone else out there.
Indeed, Considering the modern missiles can have multiple attempts before going out of energy and fuel. Cobra can defeat a missile in its first attempt perhaps, but may be a sitting duck for the same missile in second attempt.

Quote of the Day

“I'm waiting to be told how cobras, hooks, or vectored thrust help in combat. They're great at air shows, but zero energy is a fighter pilot's nightmare. Shoot your opponent down and his number two will be on your tail thinking it's his birthday - a target hanging there in the sky with zero energy.”

-- Ned Firth of Eurofighter at Farnborough '94

A rare case:

Flt Lt Sattar Alvi, now the rear-most in the formation, was still adjusting after the hard turn when he caught sight of two Mirage-IIICJ zooming into them from far below. With no way of warning the formation of the impending disaster, he instinctively decided to handle them alone. Peeling away from his formation, he turned hard into the Mirages so that one of them overshot. Against the other, he did a steep reversal dropping his speed literally to zero. (It takes some guts to let eight tons of metal hang up in unfriendly air!) The result was that within moments, the second Mirage filled his gunsight.

-Shahbaz over Golan.

A rare case:

Flt Lt Sattar Alvi, now the rear-most in the formation, was still adjusting after the hard turn when he caught sight of two Mirage-IIICJ zooming into them from far below. With no way of warning the formation of the impending disaster, he instinctively decided to handle them alone. Peeling away from his formation, he turned hard into the Mirages so that one of them overshot. Against the other, he did a steep reversal dropping his speed literally to zero. (It takes some guts to let eight tons of metal hang up in unfriendly air!) The result was that within moments, the second Mirage filled his gunsight.

-Shahbaz over Golan.

Sir,

This maneuver by Alvi had nothing to do with what the poster wanted to say in a sense---because he was at the tail end----.

He was lucky that no one was following that batch of mirages---otherwise he would be the SITTING DUCK---.

Yar somebody buy The AFM and scan the F-16 MLU update picture n post it here. :undecided:

Yar somebody buy The AFM and scan the F-16 MLU update picture n post it here. :undecided:

Imran Bahi made an effort, in any case apart from some visible patches and a fairing in front of the canopy nothing much visible.

photo0646d.jpg

Imran Bahi made an effort, in any case apart from some visible patches and a fairing in front of the canopy nothing much visible.

photo0646d.jpg

Thats why i asked somebody, forgot to exclude Imran out of them. :P
i ve already seen this picture. thats why i want a clear one :D

so you mean to say i have to go market again for you ?:disagree: :confused:

ya ... n this time, pick up a handy Scanner from electronic market and ask the owner that you wan to test the scanner on an AFM mag that placed in other shop, and wan a copy of that scan result before you finally make your mind to buy that scanner.

in Simple words .... is dafa 2 logon ko ullo banana ho ga :lol:

ya ... n this time, pick up a handy Scanner from electronic market and ask the owner that you wan to test the scanner on an AFM mag that placed in other shop, and wan a copy of that scan result before you finally make your mind to buy that scanner.

in Simple words .... is dafa 2 logon ko ullo banana ho ga :lol:

this image i take from my 5mgpxl mobile camera .this time i should go with my sony cybershot 14mgpxl? what you say . BTW that was hyper super market 25km away from my apartment i am not going there anymore .:enjoy:

my bad i take it from close yaar :hitwall:

or simply ask windi he has this month airforces monthly he shear with you in private :laugh:

this image i take from my 5mgpxl mobile camera .this time i should go with my sony cybershot 14mgpxl? what you say . BTW that was hyper super market 25km away from my apartment i am not going there anymore .:enjoy:

my bad i take it from close yaar :hitwall:

or simply ask windi he has this month airforces monthly he shear with you in private :laugh:

i guessed just right, you have captured it using 5mp Autofocus camera. if you look at your picture, your camera has not focused on image properly (close object) thats why it is bluer while if you see the bottom of mag other things placed far away are quite sharp. it was a bad luck. Perhaps you could take a few more shots but THANK YOU FOR CAPTURING IT FOR US.
we need to pin windy now i guess :P

a bit off topic but can someone tell me where can i get a subscription of afm or even a place where i can buy a copy.i live in Islamabad btw.thank you

Sent you in better resolution along JF-17 part. Check your mail box.

unfair unjustified zardari law ?:lol: why not me ?i need one :cry:

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

a bit off topic but can someone tell me where can i get a subscription of afm or even a place where i can buy a copy.i live in Islamabad btw.thank you

go any big bookshop or hyper market if you have any lolz

unfair unjustified zardari law ?:lol: why not me ?i need one :cry:

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

go any big bookshop or hyper market if you have any lolz

thats very god ans ... IF U HAVE :p

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom