What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Even though they are in financial issue but they will for sure dictate their term of use .With all lot of sanction in a way that chinese dont get their hands on the tech.

Plus westerns are always very expensive , even if they give u sumthing for free they will sell u the spare part and give u service at a cost that fire will surely come out of ur a55.(sorry for using this lang but it happens all the time :) ).

Like the survillance camera in F-16 's cost thousand of dollar to get repaired by LM or their service provider company , but the same same camera repair in Pakistan by Pakistani technicians cost few thousands............

spares and training are part and parcel of any such agreement.

Seconds-before-Touch-down-large.jpg

Aviation Art by Rehan Siraj: SECONDS BEFORE TOUCH DOWN: The painting depicts an F-16 landing at a forward airbase during Operation Sentinel.

ACM Comments on Aviation week mag/blog:

Pakistan has a total of 63 F-16s, of which 45 are A/Bs and 18 are C/Ds. Rao says all the A/Bs are to undergo a mid-life upgrade and become C/D aircraft “close to block 50” standard. The first three A/Bs are now undergoing the upgrade at Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI). “In 2013-2014 all of the A/Bs will have been upgraded to C/Ds.” He also says four other F-16s were sent to the U.S. for technical verification inspections so the upgrade kits could be developed that TAI will install.

In 2006 the U.S. Congress agreed to give Pakistan 28 F-16C/Ds under an excess-defense articles scheme. Pakistan recently received the first 14, but has yet to receive the others. Rao says it is unclear when these aircraft will arrive and it is part of the current negotiations.

ACM Comments on Aviation week mag/blog:

Pakistan has a total of 63 F-16s, of which 45 are A/Bs and 18 are C/Ds. Rao says all the A/Bs are to undergo a mid-life upgrade and become C/D aircraft “close to block 50” standard. The first three A/Bs are now undergoing the upgrade at Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI). “In 2013-2014 all of the A/Bs will have been upgraded to C/Ds.” He also says four other F-16s were sent to the U.S. for technical verification inspections so the upgrade kits could be developed that TAI will install.

In 2006 the U.S. Congress agreed to give Pakistan 28 F-16C/Ds under an excess-defense articles scheme. Pakistan recently received the first 14, but has yet to receive the others. Rao says it is unclear when these aircraft will arrive and it is part of the current negotiations.

what does it mean?

So then its not one viper they have held back it's actually four wow... lets see if we get them.

Were these four the ones which participated in Red Flag ?

I don't think so...i think so there were A's & B models but again i could be wrong perhaps Fatman can shine some light on the question.

So then its not one viper they have held back it's actually four wow... lets see if we get them.
And I was only told of one! The 10801, which was the first F-16D or the first Block 52 for Pakistan!

And I was only told of one! The 10801, which was the first F-16D or the first Block 52 for Pakistan!

This would make a rather confusing statement..
There are already the 4 A/B's in the US for the MLU.. so if 14 of the 18 C/D's payed for by Pakistan have been delivered..then there are 8 PAF F-16's with the US??

This would make a rather confusing statement..
There are already the 4 A/B's in the US for the MLU.. so if 14 of the 18 C/D's payed for by Pakistan have been delivered..then there are 8 PAF F-16's with the US??

Apparently, yes. Which makes 11 of PAF's F-16s not operational. (3 in Turkey).

Back
Top Bottom