What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

true, surprise is for once and when it is busted you have to prepare yourself with the challenges that come up in the result of performance and equipment enhancement by the opponent.

i expect it is IAF turn to show up with surprise, let's see how much is PAF ready for it.
The Turkish systems are Masha'Allah more than enough to have a perennial "Kutubeddin Aybek" effect on the "Prithvi Raj" as a permanent settlement....

FmM_O4UaYAEEh_R

Hi,

So---this is another kind of " performance control "--- ".and would that mean a " ---- switch ".
Not exactly - I would say it the OEM finding out you had aftermarket parts in there and basically stripping them out. We aren’t talking some huge boxes or otherwise but simple controls and activation switches.

Frankly once the ballistic and cruise systems came online the need for gravity dropped versions of the nuclear arsenal went towards obsolescence.

Can we upgrade all of our F-16s to viper standard? They could easily serve 2 decades more.

All F-16s are called as "Vipers" as their unofficial nick name. Even earlier most F-16s are called as Vipers by pilots.

Earlier, I also had a confusion that maybe only F-16V is called as "Viper" But Viper name exists long before that.

Here's article on bit of its name history:

The Official name is "Fighting Falcon" whereas the "Viper" is a nickname.

The F-16's official name is "Fighting Falcon", but "Viper" is commonly used by its pilots and crews, because of a perceived resemblance to a viper snake as well as to the fictional Colonial Viper starfighter from the television program Battlestar Galactica which aired at the time the F-16 entered service.

F-16 crew chief inspects the pitot as part of pre flight inspection at Nelis AFB during Ex Red Flag Its the commitment of these ground maintenance staff that PAF F-16s are still in fighting fit condition, rather one of the best maintained Vipers of the world
FmVGAC5XoAAsvLX

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom