What's new

Pakistan Economic Growth rate Watch Thread

steel mills got to 45% production after how many billion rupees bail out.
Who is building the LNG terminal..engro
FESCO is doing fine, i dont understand why to privatize the best performing companies first. rather they should implement the ASIAN bank 1.3 billion dollars mart meters project.

i cannot see anything worth in your post but laziness on part of govt. 5 years are not enough to improve things , i fully agree but isnt enough to START doing the right things what worries me is things are getting worse not better. all of the problems you quoted (except privatization and to some extent partially FDI) comes out to one thing, better management in power sector

Ok. what i am saying is why a govt is being praised when its performance is nothing but ordinary. i will not discuss anything here
Very intresting , Can u tell me that how a droughted Steel mills could be revived without money , govt had to inject money to revive which it has done . If you think there is some magic stick without liquidity it is your choice but important thing is PSM is on the way to revive .We have to appreciate what govt has done in 20 months . secondly in the first post you did not agree that govt is to privatise Discos while now the question is why first Fesco ? Govt has to privatise all Discos this tenure, but it would be easy to privatise Fesco and with its privatisation it would create a trend for our investors while cost of production of electricity would decrease in couple of years with Lng and other measures which will bring down the losses of other loss making discos so it would be easy for govt to Privatise in coming years . But this policy is really appreciable . Well for power sector we have to privatise the Discos and put LNG , coal power plants and hydel (terbella 4, Neelam Jehlum, etc ) ,and renewable (Qaid e azam solar park) to produce cheaper electricity than on diesel and furnance oil . This is the correct policy and govt is not making the things worst as you say how? Does making of LNG plants is worse , Terbella 4, Coal power projects , privatisation , are these things worse if you compare with last decade ? How can you comment this ? Definately things are better driven now .

Most latest projection by World bank

Capturessssssssssssssss.JPG

South Asia, now the fastest-growing region in the world, could take greater advantage of cheap oil to reform energy pricing

and Pakistan is the worst performer in S Asia in 2016

This thread is not for discussion and yes,we are in recovery phase.The above indicators even for this year will change let alone next year.

We are expecting 4.8% growth rate this year against the govt estimate of 5.8%,World bank 4.4% and IMF 4.5%

This thread is not for discussion and yes,we are in recovery phase.The above indicators even for this year will change let alone next year.

We are expecting 4.8% growth rate this year against the govt estimate of 5.8%,World bank 4.4% and IMF 4.5%
Whatever you dont like is not part of discussion....I dont think I am off topic.

Lets not consider govt numbers they are always biased

ADB increase forecast from 4.3% to 4.5% for this year

====================
Despite strong political support for reforms, Pakistan still faced a host of challenges hampering its potential growth, forecast at 4.5 per cent of GDP this year, said Asian Development Bank (ADB) President Takehiko Nakao on Saturday.

Addressing a news conference on the opening day of the 48th annual meeting of the bank’s board of directors, Mr Nakao said his institution forecast Pakistan’s growth rate for the current financial year at 4.5pc against last year’s 4.2pc. He said the country would grow by 4.6pc in the next fiscal year.

The ADB’s growth forecast is lower than the government’s projections for current year’s growth rate at 5.1pc and 6.1pc for the next financial year.

Challenges hampering Pakistan’s potential growth, says ADB chief - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

and Pakistan is the worst performer in S Asia in 2016

What you missed casually and due to your genetic hate towards Pakistan is the fact that NO ONE can forecast 2016 accurately when 2015 isn't even over yet, even HALF of 2015 isn't over yet. The first two quarters provide basic understanding about projections for the next year. The last two, help solidify those projections and corrections are made.
If you don't know how this works, you should learn a little bit about investment, growth, finance and economy a little bit.

Next, countries like Sri Lanka, Nepal and Bangladesh are totally different than Pakistan. Their growth rate, in comparison to Pakistan means nothing. Pakistan is a MUCH bigger country compared to any of these. For example, Bangladesh has about 170 million people, while Sri Lanka is below 25 million and Nepal is around 30 million....and Pakistan has around 200 million people. Do you see the difference?

Now Pakistan, area and size wise, is 6 times larger than Bangladesh and about 12 times larger than Nepal and Sri Lanka (roughly speaking). So do you see how Pakistan's growth at 4.5% would still be massive when compared to a MUCH smaller country like Sri Lanka or Bangladesh or Nepal? Their population size and actual sizes are small. So even moderate additions to their economies will result in 58% growth, but in monetary values, this growth would be much smaller compared to another country's growth with 5-10 times more are and people. The actual monetary value for a much larger country would be worth a LOT more, and the GDP would grow a LOT more than any of the former examples I gave you.
Just fyi: IMF's current data shows Pakistan at number 26 on the list out of 188 countries in the world. While Bangladesh is number 35, Sri Lanka is number 65 and Nepal is 95. So Pakistan's GDP is about 60% more than Bangladesh right now. Forget about a comparison between Nepal (number 95) and Sri Lanka (number 65).....I hope this helps.

People should educate themselves about a topic before writing utter crap out of blind patriotism or sheer stupidity or personal hatred as it wastes everyone's time on here. People come on here to read quality posts, not low quality crap!

Whatever you dont like is not part of discussion....I dont think I am off topic.
Lets not consider govt numbers they are always biased

To be frank here, you are off topic. Read my previous post and analysis of your previous post. The things you correlate to Pakistan's GDP / economy's growth, have NO comparison to begin with!!

What you missed casually and due to your genetic hate towards Pakistan is the fact that NO ONE can forecast 2016 accurately when 2015 isn't even over yet, even HALF of 2015 isn't over yet. The first two quarters provide basic understanding about projections for the next year. The last two, help solidify those projections and corrections are made.
If you don't know how this works, you should learn a little bit about investment, growth, finance and economy a little bit.

Next, countries like Sri Lanka, Nepal and Bangladesh are totally different than Pakistan. Their growth rate, in comparison to Pakistan means nothing. Pakistan is a MUCH bigger country compared to any of these. For example, Bangladesh has about 170 million people, while Sri Lanka is below 25 million and Nepal is around 30 million....and Pakistan has around 200 million people. Do you see the difference?

Now Pakistan, area and size wise, is 6 times larger than Bangladesh and about 12 times larger than Nepal and Sri Lanka (roughly speaking). So do you see how Pakistan's growth at 4.5% would still be massive when compared to a MUCH smaller country like Sri Lanka or Bangladesh or Nepal? Their population size and actual sizes are small. So even moderate additions to their economies will result in 58% growth, but in monetary values, this growth would be much smaller compared to another country's growth with 5-10 times more are and people. The actual monetary value for a much larger country would be worth a LOT more, and the GDP would grow a LOT more than any of the former examples I gave you.
Just fyi: IMF's current data shows Pakistan at number 26 on the list out of 188 countries in the world. While Bangladesh is number 35, Sri Lanka is number 65 and Nepal is 95. So Pakistan's GDP is about 60% more than Bangladesh right now. Forget about a comparison between Nepal (number 95) and Sri Lanka (number 65).....I hope this helps.

People should educate themselves about a topic before writing utter crap out of blind patriotism or sheer stupidity or personal hatred as it wastes everyone's time on here. People come on here to read quality posts, not low quality crap!

To be frank here, you are off topic. Read my previous post and analysis of your previous post. The things you correlate to Pakistan's GDP / economy's growth, have NO comparison to begin with!!
well genetic hate is mutual. even 2015 data is also forecast. Pakistan can be compare with BD since their population is around 25 million less and growing 2 % faster than Pakistan.

I think you would agree that India and pakistan should never be compared economically since India is in different league

Last edited:
Standard and Poor's (S&P) Ratings Services on Monday revised projections for Pakistan's average real Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth for 2015 to 2017 to 4.6 per cent from 3.8 per cent and also upped its outlook on Pakistan's long-term 'B-' credit rating to ‘positive’ from ‘stable’.

The per-capita GDP was estimated to increase 4.3pc to about $1,460 this year, from 5.4pc in 2014. S&P affirmed Pakistan's 'B-' long-term and 'B' short-term sovereign credit ratings.

S&P attributes the largely positive projections to diversification in income generation, the government's efforts towards fiscal consolidation, improvement in external financing conditions and performance, and stronger capital inflows and remittances.

S&P improves Pakistan's credit-rating outlook, GDP growth projections - Business - DAWN.COM

Pakistan’s economy growing despite macroeconomic imbalances
19 HOURS AGO BY INP
ECONOMIC-GROWTH-PAKISTAN.jpg

Economic growth of Pakistan is expected to improve in the coming years, partly due to government’s major efforts to address electricity shortages and other infrastructural bottlenecks. However, there is urgent need to make this growth more inclusive and broad-based by spreading its benefits to all parts of the country and segments of the society, said Dr Muhammad Hussain Malik, former chief, ESCAP Macroeconomic, Policy and Analysis Section, who presented the Economic and Social Survey of Asia and the Pacific 2015 in Islamabad Thursday at the UN Information Centre together with Professor Ashfaque Hasan Khan, Dean School of Social Sciences at NUST, and Dr Abid Qaiyum Suleri, Executive Director, Sustainable Development Policy Institute (SDPI).

The survey titled making growth more inclusive for sustainable development shows that growth in the region’s developing nations will increase only slightly to 5.9 per cent in 2015 from 5.8 per cent last year with no significant change expected in 2016.

In Pakistan, economic growth picked-up to 4.1% in 2014 from average of 3.7% in the previous three years. Growth is expected to rise to 5.1% in 2015. Inflation is on the decline and budget deficit is being contained. Foreign exchange reserves have significantly improved. Market confidence in Pakistan’s outlook seems to have improved. In April 2014, the country issued sovereign bonds in international markets for the first time in seven years and it was oversubscribed.

Professor Ashfaque Hasan Khan noted that Pakistan’s economic growth has slowed down considerably over the last several years, giving rise to youth unemployment. He emphasized the need to readjust the country’s fiscal and monetary policy to revive inclusive growth.

Dr Abid Qaiyum Suleri said that for growth to catalyse sustainable development it was crucial to achieve macro-economic stability and to distribute its benefits at micro level.

Launching the Survey in Bangkok, Dr Shamshad Akhtar, UN ESCAP Executive Secretary emphasized the need to promote quality growth and shared prosperity in the region, calling on regional policymakers to integrate and mainstream inclusive growth by adopting a mixed set of measures to achieve better social and environmental outcomes to enhance public welfare.

The Economic and Social Survey of Asia and the Pacific has been monitoring regional progress providing cutting-edge analyses and guiding policy discussion to support inclusive and sustainable development in the region since 1947

3) If you can't comprehend basics of strategy and economy, you should not write back spiting stupidity. You can write down my words today and you'll feel butt pain in the next 10-12 years when Pakistani economy crosses 2 trillion. Which I think is a piece of cake as long as the country's political system works, democracy stays and its leaders continue to do what they are doing now.

(I came across this brilliant post on another thread post, but before I could reply, the thread disappeared, I hope you wont mind, if you could teach us some basic economics here)

Dear sir,

As you seem to have unparalleled comprehension of basic economy, Please do elaborate the above post where you do state in 12 years pakistan's economy ill cross 2 Trillion dollars.

Please do provide further explanation about the economy -

I am quite interested to know how your prophecy came about, especially when pakistan was at $51 Billion in 1993 and added 200 Billion 21 years, you seem to estimate same country adding 1750 Billion Dollars in 12 years.

upload_2015-6-20_15-21-52.png

You are estimating that GDP of Pakistan will go from 250 billion to 2000 Billion in 12 years. That would translate into an approximate 19% growth rate for next 12 years on the GDP.
upload_2015-6-20_15-23-40.png

I do not have an economics degree, or have studied economics. I would be a great pleasure to understand the sound basic economics principle that we are unaware of used to make such brilliant projections.

regards

Attachments

• upload_2015-6-20_15-24-6.png
    upload_2015-6-20_15-24-6.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 74

Back
Top Bottom