What's new

Pakistan Didn't Pay a Penny for South Asia University; India Stops Midway

On a people to people level there is no enmity and I speak from personal experience. It is remarkable to watch when anyone from of these two countries visits the other.

You literally see the host countries people falling all over each other to be be hospitable to the guest. It's a cultural thing.

You must be living in some dream world mate. This is all lala land crap...no enmity...what are you smoking?

You must be living in some dream world mate. This is all lala land crap...no enmity...what are you smoking?

Ask the Pakistanis themselves if at the ground level they have any such enmity. Their recent PM got elected because he also talked about opening up better relationships with India. Now from time to time when things heat up, the citizens of each country gets pulled into the fury. But largely these two countries citizens don't have the same attitude towards each other.

Ask the Pakistanis themselves if at the ground level they have any such enmity. Their recent PM got elected because he also talked about opening up better relationships with India. Now from time to time when things heat up, the citizens of each country gets pulled into the fury. But largely these two countries citizens don't have the same attitude towards each other.

What are you smoking? Go to india an tell the ordinary Joe there that you're from Pakistan an see how your treated. I have often traveled throughout india, an been mistaken for being Pakistani. Why would any Pakistani gov fund a uni that:

A. Will primarily be used to enhance indian interests
B. When Pakistanis are unwelcome in india
C. Risk their nationals being recruited by indian intel
D. Part of a project from the most useless organisation ever created..SARRC

Finally, which student would risk going to study in india knowing that when the next anti muslim pogrom starts by the rss/bajrang dal/vhp etc this uni will be the first target?

Last edited:
WHat about Canada, you have any idea about their fees? Actually do you have any numbers for any?

U of Toronto and the Vancouver School of Economics (University of British Comlubia) are very good. My guess is that Vancouver School of Economics will be the best in Canada in a couple of years, now that they have more funding. Queens is good too. In can give you the figures I remember for how much places cost (tuition fees only)- Canada $6000-7000 per year, UK £16000 per year, Switzerland less than €1000 per year, Spain, France and Germany- similar to Switzerland, US varies ~$20,000 per year. You need to google all this because it's likely that I've forgotten some of these. Plus, factor in other costs including living expenses.

What are you smoking? Go to india an tell the ordinary Joe there that you're from Pakistan an see how your treated. I have often traveled throughout india, an been mistaken for being Pakistani. Why would any Pakistani gov fund a uni that:

Finally, which student would risk going to study in india knowing that when the next anti muslim pogrom starts by the rss/bajrang dal/vhp etc this uni will be the first target?

I'm a Indian Bengali who has travelled all over Bangladesh. I'm sorry to hear your experiences were negative- was this everywhere you went? This isn't something of heard of from other Bangladeshis and Pakistanis, so I hope you were an exception. In Bangladesh, while I met a couple of hostile people, my experience was overwhelmingly positive (and culturally very similar to Indian Bengal). Even the hostility was minor, people saying things like 'we don't like Hindus', 'I can't believe you still follow such a primitive religion' etc, things that didn't really bother me.

U of Toronto and the Vancouver School of Economics (University of British Comlubia) are very good. My guess is that Vancouver School of Economics will be the best in Canada in a couple of years, now that they have more funding. Queens is good too. In can give you the figures I remember for how much places cost (tuition fees only)- Canada $6000-7000 per year, UK £16000 per year, Switzerland less than €1000 per year, Spain, France and Germany- similar to Switzerland, US varies ~$20,000 per year. You need to google all this because it's likely that I've forgotten some of these. Plus, factor in other costs including living expenses.

I'm a Indian Bengali who has travelled all over Bangladesh. I'm sorry to hear your experiences were negative- was this everywhere you went? This isn't something of heard of from other Bangladeshis and Pakistanis, so I hope you were an exception. In Bangladesh, while I met a couple of hostile people, my experience was overwhelmingly positive (and culturally very similar to Indian Bengal). Even the hostility was minor, people saying things like 'we don't like Hindus', 'I can't believe you still follow such a primitive religion' etc, things that didn't really bother me.
Woah okay I hope what you say is accurate, because 6-7k is pretty (I won't say cheap but) low compared to engineering which is usually 28K-ish. But this kind of also makes me sad because Waterloo had this amazing co op program with a 80+% job finding rate with actual legit big companies like AMD and facebook and all (and if you're lucky your salary is high enough to cover your fees and get money to spend). France and Spain I'd leave out because ew, Germany and Switzerland have free tuition right? So is this the cost of living you mention?

Woah okay I hope what you say is accurate, because 6-7k is pretty (I won't say cheap but) low compared to engineering which is usually 28K-ish. But this kind of also makes me sad because Waterloo had this amazing co op program with a 80+% job finding rate with actual legit big companies like AMD and facebook and all (and if you're lucky your salary is high enough to cover your fees and get money to spend). France and Spain I'd leave out because ew, Germany and Switzerland have free tuition right? So is this the cost of living you mention?

I could be wrong about the fees...just check the UoT, and UBC websites. Germany and Switzerland do have free tuition- where 'free' is about €1000 per year- so as good as free.

Lots of scholarships will pay for living expenses as well, when I did my Masters, I couldn't have afforded it if I had to pay for my living expenses. The reason a lot of people have to pay their way is that they don't spend enough time researching available scholarships.

I could be wrong about the fees...just check the UoT, and UBC websites. Germany and Switzerland do have free tuition- where 'free' is about €1000 per year- so as good as free.

Lots of scholarships will pay for living expenses as well, when I did my Masters, I couldn't have afforded it if I had to pay for my living expenses. The reason a lot of people have to pay their way is that they don't spend enough time researching available scholarships.
So if you had to give me solid final suggestion, a bit of detail: I live in Dubai and I'm not one of those people who make connections fast so I need to be in a country and university that makes it easier in order to land a job, then I'd like getting a western nationality asap even though (possibly because) I want to move back soon after that. So what would you say? Also I really really appreciate your help and wish you the best of luck for you PhD.

I just wanted to correct other Indian poster, you are getting pissed of for nothing. And don't go around throwing racist tag like typical retard.
You are one piece a******* and stop calling unwanted name.

there is enmity in India toward pakistanis.. especially after mumbai attack. Not sure how much.

there is nothing wrong in pulling out of the project. We are talking about failing to pay promised share not pulling out.

Horus, I'm going to hold you to your promise you made that the new generation = new way of thinking.

This university could be the hotbed of great interaction between students and academia from each of the countries, coming together to promote great cultural bonds. Where students would get to experience an education that would introduce them to the various member countries rich culture and history.

You would see students from all over the world joining this university and not just from the region. Imagine having that level of cultural exchange. Education of this sorts is a beautiful thing. Don't let the poison of bias blind you.

What non-sense. Why does India get to have the University on it's soil? Why should Pakistan pay? Nope, we won't. There are enough cultural links b/w Indian and Pakistani Universities....expand those. Let the top universities from India and Pakistan take on exchange students. AIESEC is one platform that already enables that.
The last time a Pakistani student was in India on academic status, he was heckled to near death. What makes you so sure that a violent place like Delhi would be friendly to Pakistan? How about the visas? Are they guaranteed by the Indian HC to admitted Pakistani students?

As usual, India bickering about anything it gets its hands on.

Why would Pakistan pay for something that is on Indian soil. What are Pakistan gains. Who was that stupid that even agreed/promised for this from Pakistani side...? Pakistan should pull out of it or else demand for second campus in Pakistan that other countries will pay for too.

And you would be fair 6 feet aryan blonde.right???
You're a liar and you've never been to India.
Lots of Punjabi and jat looks like Pakistani so there is no way any Indian would ask you about your country.
Even if you speak Urdu people will think you are a u.p walla.

I doubt if you've traveled to India.
You are a Pakistani false flagger.

And you would be fair 6 feet aryan blonde.right???
You're a liar and you've never been to India.
Lots of Punjabi and jat looks like Pakistani so there is no way any Indian would ask you about your country.
Even if you speak Urdu people will think you are a u.p walla.

I doubt if you've traveled to India.
You are a Pakistani false flagger.

Close 5' 10", not blonde mixed race, kolkata 8 times and delhi 4 times, no problem in kolkata ever but problems in delhi (was with british pakistani work friend) over whether muslim were origially hindus blah blah, don't speak urdu or hindi, oh i don't give a fig whether you believe me or not.

Back
Top Bottom