What's new

Pakistan Deal for Chinese J-10 Fighters Uncertain

Unreliable and untested technology very good decision by pakistan.

cmon... You really think PLAAF will fly their a/c without testing... The amount of testing that goes into validation of a fighter is just brutal. There is nothing unreliable or un tested about the aircraft.

the unknown is it's combat performance and serviceability rate (with export customer), that can also be said about the gripen, EFT, FGFA,LCA, JF 17 which have never seen any combat....

Let's get one thing straight: we're a nation with a military not a military with a nation. That means, our military would have to do with what we, as a people, can earn and give them. Simple as that. You want a better military? Have a better economy. IMF or no IMF, USA or no USA, India or no India. This thing does not change.

Let's get one thing straight: we're a nation with a military not a military with a nation. That means, our military would have to do with what we, as a people, can earn and give them. Simple as that. You want a better military? Have a better economy. IMF or no IMF, USA or no USA, India or no India. This thing does not change.

Then start paying taxes, Professor ! :whistle:

Hear Hear....

So @Oscar did the predictions/assertions/assessments (call it what one wills) of some of the members here on PDF turn out to be true that the PAF might be looking into the possibility of having a High-Low of F-16s (Block 52s & F-15 MLU) & Jf-17s respectively with possibly a phased integration of higher-end avionics & weapons etc. to the Jf-17 along with possible additional acquisitions of F-16s with MLU Kits (subject to the Pak-US Relations) whilst saving up our funds (however less we may have them) or prospectively allocate probable future funding, for the J-31 instead of going for the J-10Bs ?

I dont have much to say. I have been saying this for the past .. two years. This was the PAF's new staff plan since 2011 and the economic hit. 150 JF-17's, 70-80 F-16s. and then 50-60 F-7PG's. The J-10 has been off the table since then.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Aeronaut

please, pray tell me, this is not true, & what is this "conditions on military equipment" & "untested technology" ? what was gen kiyani & gen. zaheerul islam doing ? & how could the GHQ agree to something like this ?

I said some time ago that the axe was about to fall on J-10.

Bring the Economic growth rate to 7% average till 2020.By than if the GDP gets even closer to 500Billion dollars.

3% of defence budget of total GDP when 500Billion dollars=15billion dollars

Oh teri,Order the squadrons of J-31 And kick off the development of Nuclear submarine

And This can happen if we skip all the project by now and only concentrate on brining growth rate to 7% or even More

I said some time ago that the axe was about to fall on J-10.

this is just beyond disappointing

sir' is there any chance the next chief of staff reviving this deal ?

the sad part in all this is,had we invested the $5 billion f-16 deal of 2005 on j-10's instead, believe me we would be having more then 7 to 8 squadron of j-10's flying all over Pakistan in paf colours by now, I mean
hum kub sikhenge we should have got this f-16 obsession out of our mind after the 1989 sanctions only

this is just beyond disappointing

sir' is there any chance the next chief of staff reviving this deal ?

the sad part in all this is,had we invested the $5 billion f-16 deal of 2005 on j-10's instead, believe me we would be having more then 7 to 8 squadron of j-10's flying all over Pakistan in paf colours by now, I mean
hum kub sikhenge we should have got this f-16 obsession out of our mind after the 1989 sanctions only

That requires money, we don't have, the PAF won't buy a new jet until 2020.

Guys, this story is just the views expressed by an ex-aviator of PAF, Please don't treat it as if it is official from PAF.

My understanding is, there is a strong anti-China / Pro-US lobby exists in PAF and what we are witnessing here is just a tip of iceberg. Let's examine the bigger picture here ... 1.5 USD is nothing when it comes to long term financial arrangement but If PAF passionately induct J-10B (China's most expensive and high tech export product) what it will be meant for US/European vendors. PAF is a professional air force with proven reputation in the world.. It will be a huge confidence boost for Chinese to market J-10B more aggressively and it will dawn of new era as for as Chinese military exports are concerned and that will be against strategic interests of the US/West ... Now if one can connect the dots, it is not difficult to comprehend that why a certain lobby is pushing for more F-16Cs (i.e. more dependency on the US). This is just my personal views which can be wrong as well.

But again, the announced time frame for the induction is 2014-15 and things will become more clear once we reach there. Meanwhile, approach all such stories with respect but maintain a critical attitude towards them to keep the things in perspective unless official source reveal anything conclusive.

In the end, I think we must focus on the question, is it possible for PAF to back track on the deal after so many years. ( it was announced after Mush's visit to China in 2006)?

Look discussed to death, No Funds no new Aircrafts either J-10s, F-16s or even JF-17s. The main focus at the time is JF-17s it is better as PAF plans to enhance and bring in new Blocks they are only concentrating on Thunders.
@Aeronaut I think thread should be closed.

Back
Top Bottom