What's new

Pakistan communication satellite PAKSAT 1R lauched - August 11, 2011

here is another one.
this is not from any news channel and is the complete film of delivery to launch:

an awesome moment. i am happy that we were all able to see this. . .
regards!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Arsalan , we are all lucky ones to see this day , many more like this to come - Happy Independence day -- Pakistan zindabad :pakistan:

Thanks Arsalan , we are all lucky ones to see this day , many more like this to come - Happy Independence day -- Pakistan zindabad :pakistan:

yeap, after all we are the first ones to see these achievements. hopefully the generations to to come will see much more. however, we do have to play our part to make them do so . .

Happy Independence day,

best regards!

It's a game changer for Pakistani Military and Security - advanced, secure Satellite Communications, the last aspect in our C4I capability is beginning to take shape, the next milestone will be the launch of our EOS.
This satellite has absolutely nothing to do with the military. It is not what you say a 'game changer, the last aspect in our C4I capability'.

PAKSAT-1R having a design life of 15 years will only provide broadband Internet, digital television broadcasting, remote and rural telephony, emergency communications, tele-education and tele-medicine services across South and Central Asia, Eastern Europe, East Africa and the Far East. The satellite will enable extension of communication services to all areas of Pakistan.

A military/spy satellite (with dedicated military communications) is still a long way off! And therefore there is no need to get overly excited!

This satellite has absolutely nothing to do with the military. It is not what you say a 'game changer, the last aspect in our C4I capability'.

PAKSAT-1R having a design life of 15 years will only provide broadband Internet, digital television broadcasting, remote and rural telephony, emergency communications, tele-education and tele-medicine services across South and Central Asia, Eastern Europe, East Africa and the Far East. The satellite will enable extension of communication services to all areas of Pakistan.

A military/spy satellite (with dedicated military communications) is still a long way off! An dtherefore there is no need of getting excited so soon!
Don't worry Remote Sensing Sat will launched at the end of this year.He just wanted to give heart burn to some people.

A military/spy satellite (with dedicated military communications) is still a long way off! And therefore there is no need to get overly excited!

This current satellite has military usage too, this has been incorporated in it. It will not only be used for civilian communication purposes, but also for military use. To what an extend, well that is still to be known or may be never known due to secrecy reason.

Its not a purely civilian satellite.

This current satellite has military usage too, this has been incorporated in it. It will not only be used for civilian communication purposes, but also for military use. To what an extend, well that is still to be known or may be never known due to secrecy reason.

But it is a bit complicated to incorporate imaging processors in a communication Sat,especially those of SAR processors.

Assalam alaikum

if it is true then it makes us more happy. app k mu may ghee shakkar

TARIQ

But it is a bit complicated to incorporate imaging processors in a communication Sat,especially those of SAR processors.

its is not a SAR for sure, i don't thing Taimi Khan stated that.
it is a purely communication satellite but same communication systems may well be used for military as well!

for intelligence and military purpose, SUPARCO planes to launch a RSSS and SAR with RSSS planned for end 2011

regards!

I said for military communication purposes.

For optical / SAR related data, we have a few sources from which we have been getting intel, but hopefully in few years time, we will be having our own eye in the sky, till then we are gonna be getting the intel from other sources.

Taimi, its a Geo Orbit Satellite. PLz do tell me The Source of ur Information that This Satellite Does have some Military Payload.

Plz dont tell me that its a "secret" .

Taimi, its a Geo Orbit Satellite. PLz do tell me The Source of ur Information that This Satellite Does have some Military Payload.

Ever heard of sat terminals in the military??
its not just to be used for civilian communication.
When the military uses particular channels of the satellite for communication.
A Uniformed officer uses it to send information, or make a call to a deployed usage.
its called being used for military purposes.. therefore a military use.

It doesn't has a military payload...it can be pnly used for military comms (secure ones)

Well i don't have an official source, as this kind info would never be told for obvious reasons,the hysteria it would create.

The satellite is based on the DFH-4 tech, which has military applications too and there is no hardship in converting it to do dual work, that is civilian & military applications. By the Pakistan Army for the last 15 years has been using satellite communication system for its official usage, this is not something new for us, we have now nearly 2 decades of experience in using satellite communication system for internal communication system. Navy & Air Force have been into this also.

Plus, just giving a hint, what has the head of the SPD (which has everything to do with strategic assets) be present on the lunch site ?? Why the head of the Strategic Planning Division is present on the launching ceremony of a civilian communication satellite ?? Does that makes sense. No. So, he being there does tells that military is involved in this project.

Rest upto you guys,if you wanna believe or not, but i can assure you there is a military component to this whole satellite, which will be used for dual purposes.

that's for sure finally the SUPARCO is led by a major general.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom