What's new

Pakistan coast-defence missile systems

Hi @Oscar
I confess,I did not know much about the details of YJ-62,however a quick look on internet i got to know that it is a 280-290kms range cruise missile.The missile already meets the MTCR criteria,so i dont know why there is a need to further reduce the range?Maybe you can explain the reasoning?
YJ-62 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for why my post is irrelevant,is something only you can answer.I was merely shedding some light on the flight control aspect that will arise out of changing the aerodynamic shape and size of the aerial vehicle.I also dont know what "capabilities" you were alluding to,when you said-
"these capabilities already exist in Pakistan to an extend but in this case are IRRELEVANT"
If you meant to say that capability to modify the flight control laws then that is debatable,or if you meant capability to "design" a new power plant altogether,then that is out of question at the moment given the research culture of your country
Ill leave the second paragraph of your post because I have been in my country's research culture and know more about it than you EVER will. So lets agree to disagree.

And I believe I meant increasing the range , NOT reducing it. The MTCR reduces the range for export. So the normal missile has an increased range anyway. Nothing revolutionary there.

Voices tell me Zarb missile is a modified CM-400AKG

Ill leave the second paragraph of your post because I have been in my country's research culture and know more about it than you EVER will. So lets agree to disagree

@Oscar
To be quite honest, that's the reply I've been hearing on pdf for past 6 years! In real world though research is gauged by quality of the paper(where it ultimately gets published,citation factor etc) and innovation of industries is gauged by number of patents filed.- at least that's what they teach here at IIT madras
Instead of claiming I'm clueless about research, it would be far more fruitful to shed light on creation of intellectual property rights in Pakistani research establishments where you claim to have worked

@Oscar
To be quite honest, that's the reply I've been hearing on pdf for past 6 years! In real world though research is gauged by quality of the paper(where it ultimately gets published,citation factor etc) and innovation of industries is gauged by number of patents filed.- at least that's what they teach here at IIT madras
Instead of claiming I'm clueless about research, it would be far more fruitful to shed light on creation of intellectual property rights in Pakistani research establishments where you claim to have worked
You are advised to update yourself over the concept of patents in defense sector (once again).

@Oscar
Dear,

I am sorry but I see no reason to prove anything to spend that time on it. You do realize that I have nothing to gain from it and no pleasure or happiness if you accept it or not. I only wish to avoid needless arguments on topics I have no patience for or need to explain.

Suffice to say, you CANNOT convince me otherwise and I am NOT interested in convincing you unless you are willing to deposit money into my account for it.

You are advised to update yourself over the concept of patents in defense sector (once again)

Yes that's a great statement.oh and yes I'll "update myself". Thanks.Oh and btw just for the benefit of discussion,what exactly is your background?do you have any background in aerospace research or defence research?

You do realize that I have nothing to gain from it and no pleasure or happiness if you accept it or not. I only wish to avoid needless arguments on topics I have no patience for or need to explain.

Hi dear @Oscar
Pardon me, my aim was not to frustrate anyone, I'm always looking for a fruitful discussion in research.and I'm sure the trend in India or west is to file more and more patents.
Anyways,a lot of things matter a lot, for research ecosystem
for instance academic- industrial collaboration, number of papers that gets published in top notch journals, patents filed.

I can understand, one can always conclude the discussion the way you did especially when you know the real picture.but I guess what is considered a norm in west or India is not a norm in Pakistan?

Yes that's a great statement.oh and yes I'll "update myself". Thanks.Oh and btw just for the benefit of discussion,what exactly is your background?do you have any background in aerospace research or defence research?

Hi dear @Oscar
Pardon me, my aim was not to frustrate anyone, I'm always looking for a fruitful discussion in research.and I'm sure the trend in India or west is to file more and more patents.
for instance academic- industrial collaboration, number of papers that gets published in top notch journals, patents filed.

I can understand, one can always conclude the discussion the way you did especially when you know the real picture.but I guess what is considered a norm in west or India is not a norm in Pakistan?
looking at the treads oscar has been involved in such programs or is in the feild of pakistani defence. just dig very deep and you will find evidance of this. i think the point he is making here is that its none of your business. such you do seem to be in the feild of weapons development and are a friendly guy but not everyone is like you. also i think you should figure out who provides genuine sources and those who are keyboard warriors. and dont expect to get a lot out of the genuine sources.

I think it is not that beneficial for this conversation but no I'm just an enthusiast. And let me tell you what would really be beneficial for this discussion and prove me otherwise, links of all the patents filed under any xyz defense project in India.

Hi dear @Oscar

Mr. Mishra---we understand you clearly----but in matters of defence---you may not get the right answers all the time.

I understand very clearly where you are coming from----.

You have a certain personality type-----it is called " extremely structured to the maximum "---that is why you keep asking for written material.

As you mentioned that you are in research----completing your education---so it means that you do not have epxeperince in an open work environment.

The way that you are asking for references---that is not a norm in the west---.Once you come to the west and work in open environment---you will realize and learn it then. May take a few years----

Here is some information that you may enjoy---- try --- www.strengths.com

click on 4 traits---and click on structure---this is who you are----and I would say---you are an extreme case in structured personality---man---I pity your wife---either she will have a miserable life---or she will beat the sh-it out of you

here is the link to your personality trait----click on all of them( traits on the bar )and read them---you might be able to learn to communicate better with people---once you learn how and why people react and do what they do.

http://www.strengths.com/Structure.html

For others---this is the personality trait of Mr. Mishra---so plz understand where he is coming from----he does not want to pi-ss you off intentionally----he just does because who he is.

Structure

bfe03d6ea2ae0f18ea57a2f024177620.jpg

The focus of the Structured person is on being right and doing the right thing.

The people that you know who are careful, precise & perfectionists ... they're Structured. Someone who has Structure as their high trait "goes by the book" ... THEIR BOOK! They can be resistant to change, not because the change isn't good but because they need some time to be SURE that its good. They need to gather facts and do the research before making a decision. They ask A LOT of questions ... they like to check and re-check ... they like to be right!

Other characteristics of Structure are:

• They HATE to make mistakes
  • Keep things together in the company
  • Naturally good organizers
  • Usually careful, accurate, precise
  • Will double check themselves and others
  • Are very loyal (to circle of structure)
  • Naturally good with details
  • There is a right way and a wrong way ... the right way is the ONLY way
  • Don't make many mistakes, might make nervous mistakes
  • Need a thorough knowledge of product to sell it
  • Often rely on tradition
  • Good at developing systems
  • Meticulous, can be fussy
  • Perfectionist
  • Like to gather many facts before making decisions
  • Do NOT like criticism (proves them wrong) but are often self-critical
  • Quality oriented
  • Appreciate knowing the rules, expectations, instructions
  • Go by the book ... their book/rules
The best way to work with a person who has the Structure trait is:

• Give them the facts. Show it to them in writing.
  • Focus on doing the right thing. If things go wrong, first look at the procedures rather than blaming the Structured person.
  • Give them the opportunity to ask questions.
NOTE: If a person has other traits above the line, you will also need to consider those traits as well.

Mr. Mishra---we understand you clearly----but in matters of defence---you may not get the right answers all the time.

I understand very clearly where you are coming from----.

You have a certain personality type-----it is called " extremely structured to the maximum "---that is why you keep asking for written material.

As you mentioned that you are in research----completing your education---so it means that you do not have epxeperince in an open work environment.

The way that you are asking for references---that is not a norm in the west---.Once you come to the west and work in open environment---you will realize and learn it then. May take a few years----

Here is some information that you may enjoy---- try --- www.strengths.com

click on 4 traits---and click on structure---this is who you are----and I would say---you are an extreme case in structured personality---man---I pity your wife---either she will have a miserable life---or she will beat the sh-it out of you

here is the link to your personality trait----click on all of them( traits on the bar )and read them---you might be able to learn to communicate better with people---once you learn how and why people react and do what they do.

http://www.strengths.com/Structure.html

For others---this is the personality trait of Mr. Mishra---so plz understand where he is coming from----he does not want to pi-ss you off intentionally----he just does because who he is.

Structure

bfe03d6ea2ae0f18ea57a2f024177620.jpg

The focus of the Structured person is on being right and doing the right thing.

The people that you know who are careful, precise & perfectionists ... they're Structured. Someone who has Structure as their high trait "goes by the book" ... THEIR BOOK! They can be resistant to change, not because the change isn't good but because they need some time to be SURE that its good. They need to gather facts and do the research before making a decision. They ask A LOT of questions ... they like to check and re-check ... they like to be right!

Other characteristics of Structure are:

• They HATE to make mistakes
  • Keep things together in the company
  • Naturally good organizers
  • Usually careful, accurate, precise
  • Will double check themselves and others
  • Are very loyal (to circle of structure)
  • Naturally good with details
  • There is a right way and a wrong way ... the right way is the ONLY way
  • Don't make many mistakes, might make nervous mistakes
  • Need a thorough knowledge of product to sell it
  • Often rely on tradition
  • Good at developing systems
  • Meticulous, can be fussy
  • Perfectionist
  • Like to gather many facts before making decisions
  • Do NOT like criticism (proves them wrong) but are often self-critical
  • Quality oriented
  • Appreciate knowing the rules, expectations, instructions
  • Go by the book ... their book/rules
The best way to work with a person who has the Structure trait is:

• Give them the facts. Show it to them in writing.
  • Focus on doing the right thing. If things go wrong, first look at the procedures rather than blaming the Structured person.
  • Give them the opportunity to ask questions.
NOTE: If a person has other traits above the line, you will also need to consider those traits as well.
I work with such persons day in and day out. Thanks for giving advice how to work with such folks..

Voices tell me Zarb missile is a modified CM-400AKG
You must tell those voice to stop bothering you. The do not even know that the CM-400 is an AIR LAUNCHED anti-ship missile and the new induction was of ground based coastal defense system.

It is confirmed as C602 already and discussed in this very thread as well.

Development whether on existing or new technology is always difficult to digest by critics who can't see others progress. so it is fruitless to make them understand. My heartily Congratz to **** team for increasing their capabilities gradually.

I work with such persons day in and day out. Thanks for giving advice how to work with such folks..

Hi,

At one of the corporations that I worked---every employee was tested----and their graph and color trait were posted next to the name tag---so that when talked to each other---we knew what was coming.

Same thing we did with the customers---we matched their personalities with similatr personalities of sale people.

Like if Mishra came to ur dealership and asked these question---we will find a sales person who has a same personality----so that they can love and kiss each other.

Extremely successful program---also works very well with your children and spouse.

You should read up on all the 4 traits---excellent insight.

Corporations pay a lots of money to get this program for their employees.

C-602 was bought as a stop gap weapon till naval variant of hatf-7, babur is inducted, it was recently tested in a canister for naval use.
When we say "naval version of Babur" we mean a land attack cruise missile based on ship/submarine. This one is the other way around, it is a land based/shore based missile meant to attack ships. Not connected with the naval Babur.

Back
Top Bottom